PAREXEL

PAREXEL Employee Reviews

4,0
Fun, motivating and productive working environment.

I have learned something new everyday.

Lots of training material.

Hardest part of the job is the time difference
Best Employer
Great Benefits. Focuses on work life balance. Growth opportunity. Hard work is rewarded. Management involved and listens to employees and assists in career development.
Flexible and fun workplace
As a Project Specialist I arrive at work at 8 am and knock off at 5 pm. When I get to the office I look through my emails and plan for the day ahead. From there I work, and go to lunch for 30 minutes at 13h00. My day typically consist of Project Management tasks and filing. I also communicate a lot via email, IM, or telephone with colleagues in various parts in the world. I learnt a lot, particularly in managing a project and working in a team to achieve the milestones of a project. I learnt a lot regarding first time quality in what I do. I also enjoy solving project related issues, which requires of me to be in constant communication with team members on a project. The management at PAREXEL has taught me how to handle the expectations of 2 different managers. For example, I have a line manager who expects me to complete my duties for the organization, and I also work under a project manager who expects me to deliver for our project.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Late hours on certain projects
laboratory assistant
Daily maintenance from Monday to Friday,
cleaning centrifuge , hot water bath ,evaporators and changing needles ,calibration of PH meters and preparation of tubes that will be used for instruction.

I learned team work and professionalism .

Helping each other when there is a lot of work team spirit motivating each other and encouraging each other .

Hardest part is when everyone is working facing the pressure alone because im working in a production lab it can be busy and hectic with batches to label and QC's and STD.

Most enjoyable part of the job is always good environment good people good Management structure and good team they always support and make you feel special and at home.
Pros
birthdays lunch
Cons
team buildings once in a month
3,0
I enjoyed working at PAREXEL. The people were friendly and I was able to move around within the company and try my hand at many different positions.

Management was strong and presented the company with many opportunities.
Pros
Great people and rewarding
3,0
Great experience, however no room for development
It was a great experience working for both PAREXEL and IQVIA, however currently there is no more room for growth and would like to immigrate to New Zealand and further my growth and development within the Clinical Data Management Industry. Besides for the Growth there is also a lack of work life balance which is another reason for a new experience within the Clinical Data Management Industry in New Zealand.
Busy
Mostly Admin/Recruiting
Work with all kind of people

Strict and professional

The hardest part of the job was getting enough people to take part in studies.

The most enjoyable part was to get along with everybody
Productive company
Review listings, compiling reports, attend meetings and training's when scheduled, complete daily tasks that is on hand. Correspond on mails from sponsors, liaise with management on issues, we are a diverse company, the hardest part of my job is when i can't complete a task on time and due to system failures. My work is very demanding and i love my coworkers for the support they provide me daily.
Pros
flexible hours, most of us working here are parents
Cons
long hours though not all the time
Productive and fun
My day at work is always productive. Fun sometimes as we have social activities. I have learned to work well with the team, management is great.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes i have to work at night because of the different timezones.
Productive and Stimulating workplace
Parexel has allowed me to grow as an individual.

I have been empowered to make decisions and work independently.

Management is very supportive and they actively encourage you to better yourself and attain your goals.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Job Security
Productive and exciting workplace
Parexel was an incredible company to work for. Best Management and colleagues. Got the opportunity to travel abroad for training and travel country wide for meetings and to train co-workers on Professional Image and Office Etiquette.
Pros
Half day position
Awesome company to work for- Flexy hours Plus company benefits
A typical day for me at Parexel would be in meetings or training....if not in meetings then I would be busy with SAE Reconciliation, or preparing slides for whatever presentation.
Pros
The ability to Flex or work from home. the company culture, employees get along very well not only on a lateral way but also with management.
Cons
The work can be quite stressful at times
5,0
Professional Company but feels like a family
Working as individual, bur also in teams to ensure first time quality to customers. Mentorship to new staff members to help them adjust into their roles. Extensive training to prepare you for your roles. Very interesting working on various Studies with Virtual Teams across all cultures
Pros
Medical Aid, Group Life Insurance, 13th Cheque
Cons
Long hours, different Time Zones
4,0
Challenging work, good job satisfaction
Very good training, good interpersonal relationships, wonderful work life balance, challenging work, but good job satisfaction
Historical
I worked for this company a whileago. To them i owe my career foundation and am grateful for that. I will return to their employment in a heart beat, as i left for personal reasons
4,0
Allowed to work from home
A typical day at the office, there's always work. A person can get assigned close to 5 studies at once but with different timelines. I have learned that it's very very crucial not to keep your timelines as a result it can have a big impact on delivering poor quality work and on your PMD. So always plan ahead and keep your timelines. I have a great manager one of the best! He always looks after his people! Have the greatest team ever, we have a great relationship always open for new ideas and always innovative. Hardest part of my job is dealing with a very difficult("knows what they want") client and working under tight timelines. Good thing is that we're always open to help one another and we have the advantage of working from home, but it shouldn't be used inappropriate.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
greate place to work
Typical day start of with dealing with emails form Project managers on the financial status of their projects and sponsor emails.
As I was the financial analyst for more than 150 projects I do on a daily basis financial overviews on a number of projects
2,0
No work No growth
Some days would be productive than others, reason being other days there would be minimal work available. This is because the company over hires employees when there is not really much work to do. Typical day would be checking my work availability (matrix) and resource the work accordingly. Reply to any client emails and make phone calls. I acquired some skills working at ABC, like time management, working under pressure, communications skills and the handling of data. Most importantly quality work. Working in the Pharmaceutical Industry was something totally different for me but it became a challenge as I wanted to learn more. And after 6 years I knew the company very well. I enjoyed that for half the time I was there. The company lacks growth and development for its employees. And underpays its stuff.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No growth and development
5,0
I learned a diffrent side of nursing and PAREXEL gave me a opportunity to grow in myself.
We opened with "planning" and "updating" meetings most of the time. Each sister working on her own study. It was a lot of computer and admin work everyday, planning, meetings, QC work e.g. Some days we had screenig days of subjects/tial participants and some days profile days. Management: excellent
Co-workers: excellent people to work with and the best team work! Planning and problem solving. I did good on problem solving and planning.

The most enjoyable part was to see the outcome of all my hard work and a succesfull study at the end of the day.
Pros
you can manage your own time and do your own planning. It was a office job that I really enjoyed.
Cons
Very long hours and short time lines.
4,0
Productive and well structured workplace
-What i have learned so far in this job is how serious and critical our work is to the well being of others.
-Time management, communication and good people relations are very important soft skills to have in this line of business.

-Maintaining a high standard of quality work is also important in keeping clients happy.

-Doing your part right first time saves everyone else time.
Pros
Company benefits and great bosses
Cons
Difference in time zones
5,0
I worked from home and only went to the office once a week
I start early and can work until late as I am home based. I learned very much regarding regulatory and ethics submissions. I also customised a lot of ICF's for initial studies and even more for amendments. I enjoy working at the office as well. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful. We are understaffed and work very hard. There are a lot of sponsors to get accustomed to.
Pros
Pension, Medical aid