Parmalat

Parmalat Employee Reviews

3,0
Good company with potential for international exposure.
Training Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rest of Africa countries17 December 2019
Parmalat is a big company with great products, processes and reasonably high tech equipment.
Management is reasonable, but has potential to can be great.
Growth opportunities seem limited and diversity management can be improved.
Structure is reasonable flat, but lacks signs of transformation. The structure at executive and senior management remains white amd male dominated.
4,0
Productive and accuracy into detail
Production Shift Controller (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape4 December 2019
A typical day with lots of breakdowns is very straineuos and you have to pull correct resoiurces and need to work hand in hand with the maintenance team.Breakdowns that are huge need to escalated to the management to get assistance.The workforce is all involved on a task and teamspirit is high.The hardest part is that the rewards of good performance is very limited if nay at all and it s ademotivating factor to shopfloor..Enyoyable part is to be able to make constructive decision that are valuable to the company.
Pros
On the Spot Award fro Good performance recognition
Cons
45 hours work a week
4,0
Bulk delivery of cheese ,yogurt ,juice ......
Code 14 driver (Current Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape2 December 2019
Good day everyone.
At the present moment I'm doing bulk deliveries to Pick n Pay distribution center only. 1 assistance with me to help with destacking of products delivered . Purpose of that is to make it easier for the receiver's to scan the items in. The stressful part of my job is the driving during the night time,as there is always danger of drug addiction rooming around.
Typical day at work
Junior lab analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 November 2019
First day working on my own in a shift and there was this intrument which gives chemical results and all its settings were out. I had to remain calm.
It is a homely farmly environment. You get to work with different characters which you learn to know and understand .
Through the years I have learnt that eperson management style is different so you to idrntify theirs in order to fit
4,0
Fast paced, friendly and opportunity to grow.
I had the opportunity to fill various roles while working at Parmalat, each with their unique challenges, but I always had the support of my snr's manager and the Exco to make a success of my career. Career planning and further personal development was one of their key objectives. I will recommend Parmalat as an employer of choice to any of my friends.
1,0
Who works 9hours at a shopping centre for a very successful com
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape19 November 2019
Who works 9hours at a mall for a very successful company for R2800 without traveling money because they want you to travel between shops working on saturday and sunday and for that little money eish is bad
Typical day at work
credit controller (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch9 October 2019
Start at 7.30 AM Collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done.
I have learned to adhere to the policy and terms of the company,
Assisting credit controllers with problem customers.
Workplace culture: Respect /Fairness Trust/Integrity Results/orientation.
Being optimistic.
Enjoy working with all culture op people
Pros
often we having free lunches
Cons
start at 7.30
highly stressfull workplace
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape9 October 2019
I use to work at Parmalat from 2006 till July 2014
as a Production co ordinator . I loved working for Parmalat but the weekends at work and family time was a problem .I would love to go back to Parmalat anytime but need some extra time off over weekends and end of year vacation .
3,0
There product are very good and taste
driver code 10 (Former Employee) –  Distribution/Delivery17 September 2019
Parmalat their product are very good and original product, and everyone they love to buy parmalat dairy product.
Parmalat are the number one company in South Africa that are made a good product.
Fun workplace
assistant driver (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape9 September 2019
Assistant driver
I did like to work as an assistant driver but I was not happy due to my wages and going with truck was so risky. It's nice when you touring all over but time to come back home it's not right because you slip so late.
Pros
No free lunch
Fearly treated
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 September 2019
They treated me so fairly and I was happy and relaxed ,I have learnt a lot of things on a technical side that made want to learn more about the machines or doing my apprenticeship under tjem
Well Productivity
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape8 August 2019
Good work place where you lern a lot. Full of challenges. Nice team of laids & gentlemens. Thats where the you learn to stand at your own .team work is what takes you forward
2,0
Interesting place to work
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape6 August 2019
Culture very different to what I was used to but learned to relax and fit it. I learned that there are managers (few and far between) that are willing to go the extra mile for an individual.
Creditors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape18 June 2019
Duties/Responsibilities (Parmalat SA)
 Strong communication and telephone skills
 Three-way matching and processing of invoices.
 Reconciling vendor accounts and loading payments.
 Assistance with cash forecasts, monthly accruals and stock counts.
 Ensure the tax invoices comply with the VAT act.
 Process Creditors Invoices through the capturing of data on BPCS.
 Liaise with other departments to ensure that orders and receiver tickets are captured on time to enable timely processing of invoices.
 Validate and reconcile outstanding purchase orders and un-invoiced receipts between sub system and general ledger for commodities.
 Prepare EFT payments on the BPCS system on time to receive settlement discount.
 Complete documentation and arrange for new vendors to be created on the system and maintaining vendor terms.
 Reporting: Assist with preparation of monthly cash flow projections.
 Stock takes: count stock periodically when required, reconcile stock monthly count sheets
3,0
There is very low morale due to managing problems
millwright artisan (Current Employee) –  Bonnievale, Western Cape17 June 2019
In my opinion management cant care less about there staff and there life at home.
You are expected to bend backwards untill you break.
You are expected to walk the extra mile and the company cant match your extra mile.
Pros
They have fearly good salary
Cons
Bad morale
4,0
Good company to work for.
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonnievale, Western Cape21 May 2019
Good company to work for. Diverse, high demands and pace. Excellent range and quality of dairy products produced. Aggressive management style and continuous strive for excellence.
Pros
Staff shop
5,0
Fun place to work
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape13 May 2019
It is a great place to work with a diversity of people skills and place for growth. It is a learning curve, it has great benefits and it is sometimes stressful
4,0
Pleasure to work with different people
Checker (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape17 April 2019
Working hours is ok
Great working experience
Management always willing to help and assist
Working with different ethnic groups and cultures is great
Working public holidays and Sundays could be sometimes not so good
I loved working as a team with colleges .Taught me a lot and I gained tons of experience.
Pros
no shift work
Cons
Public holidays
2,0
Challenging but fun
Merchandiser/Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Houghton Estate, Gauteng4 April 2019
Working for Parmalat as a merchandiser was very hectic but it was quite fun because I had to merchandise 2 shops and that was quite challenging for me
Pros
Meeting new faces everyday
Cons
Standing the entire day with or without no stock
5,0
Productivite
Filler operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 February 2019
Nice to be part of parmalat the quality of the product very good to working in different personalities.good communication skill.packeging on high star
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No mark hours