Pearson
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Pearson Employee Reviews

Helped me grow
The opportunities that I capitalized on gave me the essential skills to make me real-world ready. It gave me the necessary experience. It gave me more edge than my basic study, which was conducted at the same time as this.
5,0
Vibrant enviroment to work in,totally enjoyed it
Busy constantly
Everyday I learnt something new

Demanding

Fun but serious as well

Not enough time to complete work duties

Submission time, Breakfast provided daily
5,0
East client to deal with
Pearson was an absolute pleasure to work with. Content was straight-forward and the people within the company are some of the best. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with them and creating engaging and education content.
5,0
productive and a good working enviroment wit good growth
A day at work at Pearson Education is always a good day i have learned so much different things the ppl i worked with would always respect u in all kinds of ways and the culture i worked with different cultures and i enjoyed it to the fullest cause im a peoples person i enjoyed every part of this job and i would say the hardest part of this job was picking up and the throwing of boxes but i loved it i dont have 1 enjoyable part at this job i have a few great people great manners working in a team always
Pros
free Lunches and cake
Cons
hours is great
1,0
Worst place I have ever worked at
There is an autocratic culture. The senior management have no empathy and don't value the good staff. The company drove all the competent staff out as there is no recognition and they are left with incompetent people. They lie to students and now want to drop the price due to incompetence. They are in trouble with the CHE as well as they close universities down. Rather be unemplyed than work for Pearson Institute. Also no stability as they always getting rid of staff.
Pros
Cons
A disaster environment in SA
4,0
Fun workplace and i was very Productive in this company.
Productive and Fun Workplace. I would still be working there if our Department wasn't retrenched. I was very happy at CTI it felt like home away from home.
Pros
No Micro Management
Cons
Targets
4,0
A day in the life of my perfect work day
My perfect work day would start with and must definitely start with the perfect breakfast, one cannot expect to stay bubbly and charged all day without a decent meal, so that's where it begins. I would then head off to campus for morning meetings, perhaps with new lecturers that I have not yet met, a little nerve racking but so so exciting as it opens doors for brand new opportunities and this is where I should be. Once I've had these fruitful conversations with lecturers and I've understood their current classroom environment and where they are lacking content or learning tools, I can then figure out exactly which Pearson product would best suit their curriculum or needs. This is the most exhilarating part as it gives me hope and the opportunity to close new business - it may not happen overnight but there is always a chance to get closer. My co-workers mostly sit in Johannesburg so I go to the office and make use of the 'hot desks' to see to lecturer queries. It is pretty relaxed and everyone always greets with a smile, I love it! The toughest part of the job is understanding the patience required before closing a sale, lecturers must first receive the book or access to the online learning tool before reviewing it and then discussing with his/her team. I of course, will always keep checking up after I've found the perfect solution and sent it on. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely building these relationships and being in touch with people so passionate about the South African Education industry.
Pros
Flexibility, self management
Cons
industry volatility
Student focussed academic instution
Company has flexi hours and is quite flexible in terms of where and when you work as long as targets are achieved.
It is an academic institution that focusses on providing high quality education. CTI and MGI were bought by Pearson a leading provider of learning services worldwide. As such the company is in the process of being aligned with mother Pearson corporate culture which brings both pros and cons
Pros
Attempts to put the student experience at the centre of strategy
Cons
systems are not optimal and there is much change at the moment, Systems often are the cause of a poor student experience
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pearson?
4,0
its a great place to be if only you parmanet
Working at Pearson is great to those who are permanent and their management is quite awesome but they offer little money to us (agent workers).
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
hours are fine
fun and committed
Working was fun, had to pace myself and commit to working, I learned a lot, especially the marketing skill. Management attended to my queries, very approachable and always listened. I enjoyed doing training for teachers using Pearson material. The material was very easy to handle and use. There is a need to review payments for petrol allowance though.
Cons
working long distances
Productive and Fun workplace
- A lot of meetings during the day.
- Developing the market strategy and plan.

- Always consistent with my work.

- Great team

- Not getting appointments.

- Making big sales.
Pros
free lunch, free t-shirts, Usb
Cons
working on a weekend
Customer focused environment
Resolving queries that escalated.
Direct contact with customers via telephone and email.

Responsible for supply chain of key account customers.

Responsible for accurate processing of orders, returns and proformas.

I enjoy the interaction with people internally and externally.

Building good customer relationships.

I like motivating people and constantly focusing on the big picture.
Pros
Stable company - International
Cons
No promotional opportunities within the company
4,0
Productive and super nice place to work at
I get to work at 8 in the morning, make myself a cup of coffee and see what I have to do for the day. I get on with my work from then until I go on lunch at 1:30, then I shall carry on from 2:30 until 5pm when I knock off. I have learned how to be productive from this organisationn and how to work with others. I have also learned from my supervisor how to manage people effectively and in essence help manage my time properly as well.
Pros
Occassional cakes when there are birthdays
Cons
Uncertainty of future in the organisation
3,0
Fasinating field to work in.
A normal day at work is very busy because when I am at work
the Company is in Submission Phase

.Books need to go back to

printers so it is quite exhilarating and yet stressful. I mainly do there

invoices which is quite tiring because suppliers want there money.

Production is my favourite department to work in because every

phase of the development of the book or manuscript comes

together there so it is the pulse of the Publication and Very, Very

stressful .Working hand in hand with the Managing Editors and

Managing Publishers. Absolutely Amazing.

There is no time for personal feeling because everybody is very

Busy .Publication is a very Goaled driven and Focus field not for the faint hearted.

I have learned so much and is so greatful:

Learn how to work on a new system Book master (invoices)

Checked dyelines

read a flatplan of a book.

how to scanned .

how to do workorders .

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ending and that is when

company gives a brunch and everybody can relax until the next

Submission which is Sooner than you can bling your eyes.

Management for me is Ok because I am not there all the time, but

I think the Company can do more for there temps because i work

very hard and feel I am been overlooked.
Pros
knowledge is given freely.
Cons
money not suitable for the work that we do.
Productive and busy environment
Every day is met with different challenges which makes my job very exciting
Working on book master

Management is always there to assist and have an open door policy

Co-workers are friendly and helpful

Hardest part is getting to know everybody

Knowing at the end of the day you are making a difference to a person's education needs
Fun Workplace
We have a stimulating environment which fosters creativity and there are discussions amongst fellow workmates which always have an academic bias
Pros
management is very friendly and fosters growth of surbodinates
Cons
one has to be prepared to work long hours