PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 12 853 reviews
4,0
learning environment , be productive and experienced in sales
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State25 June 2019
work full day , multicultural environment and be on middle management level , but to work long ours that didn't have remuneration . i like overtime but with iether offs or paid long hours
Pros
fully socialization
Cons
unpaid long hours
4,0
Exciting company to work for with great career growth potential.
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg30 August 2018
A typical day doesn't exist in PepsiCo, it's such a dynamic and exciting place to work. I have grown as a person and in my career in the time I have work with the company.
My role is challenging and rewarding. Management is supportive to career aspirations and keen to help development.
Workplace culture is built on mutual respect and understanding. It is a results driven business and KPI's are expected to be met and exceeded.
In my position, I receive continuous calls and Whatsapps out of hours which can impact work/life balance but the trade-off is a growing career, competitive salary and great work environment. My greatest satisfaction is seeing people grow in their roles.
Pros
Great team, exciting challenges.
3,0
good place for a school leaver
Wage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 August 2018
This was + 30 years ago.Processed the wages weekly, learned about team work. i was a school leaver and new. management was fair. Culture was casual. enjoyable part was the constant learning as I was a school leaver
Pros
good role models to learn from
Cons
no benefits
Good work place
Co-Manufacturer Quality Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  JOHANNEBURG,SA3 August 2018
its a great place to work, a lot of good managers and the environment is very homey.
one will feel welcomed.
just needs to be quick on the work and get good connections withiin the business
Pros
canteen available, tea time, good environment
Cons
lack of career advancement in some departmenrs
I enjoyed it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 June 2018
Working with PEPSISCO was one the best thing that happened in my career.

I loved it because I had a chance of meeting with different people everyday. I loved working with trucks and supplies. The challenging part was having to go to dangerous places to make the deliveries. The culture was good because old staff members helped the new staff which made the work easier.
Stable Company, Management Issues
Finance (Current Employee) –  Ekurhuleni, Gauteng9 February 2018
PepsiCo is a good, stable Company.
No growth opportunities
Managers no compassion
Target driven and this must be achieved no matter what.
Culture of you get paid to work, so work.

Managers lost the human touch
Pros
Stable Company, Bright Future
Cons
Managers lost touch with workers and no respect
5,0
good company to work for if you willing to work like a slave.
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape2 February 2018
productive but not a fun workplace.
policies that are in place to guide every procedure that needs to be done.
IT support is a night mare.
the induction process in place.
Pros
staff sales
5,0
Great company to work for that cares about people
DC Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 October 2017
Planned and structured day.
Manage people and business.
Operate efficiently.
Company encouraged team work
Stock take
When we celebrated great performance
Pros
growth opportunities
Cons
long hours on stock taking
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 June 2017
International company with cultural diversity. Company have competitive rewarding system. Growth opportunities are available if you are willing to reallocate.
Pros
Carrer growth if you are willing to reallocate
Cons
Managed international. Sometimes management style differ per country.
Forward thinking company
SAP PM Business Analyst (Plant Maintenance) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 February 2017
PepsiCo management have realised the need to adopt a world class manufacturing approach. To this end they have developed a 3 year transformation plan aimed at changing the business to one that is focused on performance.

Typical day at work are based on Agile project management methods. Issues are identified and removed to ensure flow within the project.

Being part of the SAP implementation team exposed me to software development processes and methods.

External resources are valued for their contributions, however they are not provided any reward and recognition for their efforts.

The hardest part of the the job was having to apply indirect influence to ensure results.

The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming part of a successful team that delivered an exceptional project.
Pros
Valued for contribution
Cons
Not reward and recognition
Stressful environment
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal7 December 2016
High requirements to meet targets. Job requires sometimes a lot of overtime in meeting production targets. Plant is not managed in the correct way and on most decisions workers are not considered
Great Brands Company
National Accounts Controller (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 November 2016
Great brands. Great relationship with trade especially with key retail. Focus is on volume selling and are targeting Africa. Route to market strength in past years.
Pros
International Company
Cons
Continuous Changes in Leadership
Productive and manageable
driver (Former Employee) –  Gauteng13 October 2016
Through this job and the experience I was able to put food on the table put my daughter through High School. It was a good experiential process. It had staff with versatile personalities which made it delightful even though the working hours were strenuous.
Productive and fun workplace
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 June 2016
This organisation was a great one to be exposed to. I dealt with customers needs and their needs. The diversity in the different cities helped me understand different environments and different people. The working hours and pay were remarkable.
4,0
Route to market is good and is approprite
Dc Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape10 May 2016
The sales environment is changing all the time. You are always shooing a moving target. Disposable income is a challenge in the country. The most challenging part is price management and New Product Distribution in the trade
The most enjoyable part is making a sale and achieving the set objective
Pros
Performance bonus
Cons
Wholesalers selling under cost price
Change
Fleet Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP29 June 2015
Pepsi allowed me to think differently, as it was a different culture to what I was used to and brought about a set of different challenges and experiences.
Great Company to work for
Training and Organizational Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC26 March 2015
Pepsi has an awesome warm and inviting culture.
It is a very progressive forward thinking and fast paced organization.
Rewards for great work are abundant and management are proud of their work force.
Loads of great learning and development opportunities exist and there is a sound and solid awareness of company strategy and outputs from top management down to staffing levels.
Over the years I have learned how to develop learning material for staff that is aligned with the overall company strategy. I have learned how to coach and mentor leaders.
I went to work passionately every day and didn't have to seek out enjoyable parts of the job because my time spent at Pepsi was rewarding and fulfilling.
1,0
Productive workplace
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  WC6 March 2015
morning i get ready and leave to the trade to sell.
selling skills, negotiation skills, merchandising, teamwork
Open door policy, being able to speak to management about what is going in the trade and sometimes personal.
Sharing
Not reaching the target
when everything works well, stock availability no IT problems.
fun workplace
checker/filling (Former Employee) –  Wadeville, GP4 March 2015
pepsi is an good place that i have worked to because we were so many at the warehouse and the work place is fun because you have to work alone at your own cage do the counting properly without any disturbed.n' i have gain so much experience to deal with so many people.but my main iportant goal now is to get the intenrship at pnet for the studys that i have.
Pros
lunch for 20 mins
Cons
6 to 6
responsable catering
responsable catering (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT18 November 2014
bonne ambiance, joueurs de foot, monde des médias. intéressant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9