Petra Diamonds Employee Reviews

4,0
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kuruman, Northern Cape7 January 2019
It was well working at petradiamonds good benefits with well deserving benefits bonuses until medical services was outsourced things changed with new management
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short break
Interesting and fun
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Cullinan, Gauteng1 May 2018
Great company with focus on developing staff and peaceful working environment. The working environment requires diverse understanding of engineering, matallurgy and a bit of geology
Pros
Development is ongoing
Cons
Extensive hours of work
1,0
lhd operator (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape25 January 2018
Petra Diamonds is a company which is very strict in their rules and safety check.They do alot of research about you when you are applying for a particular job,to make sure you don't create fraud
Pros
Free purified water UNDERGROUND
5,0
We had team building events.
Learner Bourevestnik Controller (Current Employee) –  Cullinan2 November 2017
We had days where we as a team would get together and have sport and have meals together. Getting to better know and understand each other as we come from all walks of life with different cultures and views.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
Time constraints
3,0
Productive and pleasant work environment
Group Financial Controller - Operations (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 August 2017
Hands-on
Motivated
Meaningful and accomplished
Pleasant environment
Informal culture
No promotions available due to company politics; someone from outside the company would rather be appointed because he is friends with someone instead of looking after internal candidates
Pros
Salary benefits; Work-Life Balance
Cons
No promotions; no growth opportunities
good workpiace
tlb operator (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape13 April 2017
The typical day at work you will fine the people are happy.And i learned that p.p.e one of the best.To yep the workplace ,the hardest part of the job is when is background.
Pros
Free lunch
Good company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lime Acres, Northern Cape22 February 2017
Empowered to lead and manage as required. Quick decision makinng. Flat reporting lines. Excellent exposure and very entrepreneurial company. One is allowed to be stretched.
Pros
Good exposure
Cons
Remote location
influence and team work
Drill and Blast Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape18 January 2017
a typical day at work involves overall planning, ring design, tons reconciliation, reporting, and underground visits to see the status of the blast, and fragmentation analysis.
enjoyed the job
Shift Supervisor (acting) (Former Employee) –  Northern Cape27 October 2016
Enjoyed the daily challenges. Workplace and co workers made the impossible possible. Put in a lot of long hours, however all targets where achieved. Only negative part that made me look for another job was that management could only appoint me as acting shift boss.
benefits
Cons
salary
3,0
Narturing and growing potential employees.
Senior Human Resources Officer (HOD) (Former Employee) –  Theunisses and Swartruggens24 June 2016
I grew at Petra diamonds. I was on their accelerated development program, where I gained managing skill. This is the company that was confident to appoint me as Head of Department in Human Resources Department.

I enjoyed working under the General Manager and I had great support from head office. I learned to stand for what I believe in. My manager should confidence in me to lead the operation and to do my best.

The company has grown over the years and approached me to rejoin them but I couldn't because I am a very loyal person. I was focused to my current employer and I wanted to build my profile. They could not also meet or beat my salary, hence I remained with my current employer. Honestly, they Petra diamonds is the best employer or company to work for, in terms of their passion to develop their employees and employment equity drive.
Pros
Development
Cons
Salary and benefits
4,0
Experience and knowledge is worth more than gold/diamonds
Shaft Rigger (Former Employee) –  Lime Acres, Northern Cape13 June 2016
- A day in the life of a `miner` can be monotonous or overwhelming
- Koepe winders
-open door policies
-On this mine or another people where you go are the same just there names change
Challencing and interesting
Mine overseer/ Project co-ordinator. (Current Employee) –  Lime-Acres Northern Cape.17 May 2016
I love my work and learn something new every day. I am fine with all my co-workers and there is no hard part in any work. I like all people and every one is fine working for me and respect me like I am respecting them.
productive and fun workplace
underground boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP30 January 2016
a very productive environment to work at,every day was an adventure for becausse one learn new skills and technique every day.good team work between workers and management
Pros
off days after fatigue shift
Cons
underground
5,0
maintaining and service of machinery
Automotive Drill Rig Technician and operator (Current Employee) –  koffiefontein25 January 2016
I am a hard working loyal individual who aim at completion of the job at hand at all costs, but strictly adhering to all health and Safety regulations.

I am a team player and treat each member of my crew and colleagues with the utmost respect.

I function very well under pressure and timelines.

I strive to uphold the Mission and Vision of the company I work for at all times and treat my superiors with the respect they deserve and abide to their decision making and planning.
Pros
housing
Cons
long hours, no lunch no smoke breaks
daily safe quality blast
shirt supervisor (Former Employee) –  rmdc10 October 2015
Conduct issue based assessment,do monthly planning Identity hazard within the working plase.supply with safety equipt
and achiieve My monthly call
Pros
nice accomodation
Cons
bonus after achieving monthly call
satisfactory
fitter & turner (Current Employee) –  cullinan26 August 2014
machining of spare parts and installation
management very autocratic
co workers are a good team
being told by supervisor that you are not allowed to think is hard
being basically left on my own in turner shop is very enjoyable
Pros
Cons
working with supervisors with no people skills
3,0
Productive an fun work place
Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, NC19 June 2014
got treated unfairly
leaned simple motor mechanic skills on vehicles and earthmoving machines
3,0
Produce the companies legal requirements.
Senior Officer Occupational Hygiene (Former Employee) –  Koffiefontein, FS19 June 2014
I compose DMR quarterly repots.Address all problems of occupational hygiene. All ventalation engenering jobs.Work under pressure in different sectors. Give them training due to my experience and communicate well.

Reporting to my Senior who is group manager occupational hygiene

Occupotianal hygiene and Ventilation engineering planning
busy work place
document controller (Current Employee) –  South Africa, North West15 March 2013
a Typical day at work is mostly drawing on Autocad for 7 diffrent mines located in Africa, i dont really have co-workers but have managers. The hardest part of this work is to help all the boilermakers on site and to provide drawings for the other 7 mines at the same time.

But I am a photographer to, photography is the one thing that i enjoy the most in my life.

i want to relocate to America or any other place exept in Africa
Cons
short breaks, health care
3,0
Head of department accountants tipical day at work
Accountant/HOD (Current Employee) –  Koffiefontein,Freestate19 June 2012
Starting of early my typical day is full of problem solving,meetings,preparation of reports for management,handling queries and problems of employees and clients.
My department consist of 16 people all dedicated to their jobs.
The hardest part of my job is time restrictions and deadlines to meet for reporting and reconciliations.
My job is interesting and I have alot of challenges.
Pros
small team
Cons
faraway from cities