Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

professional but paternalistic corporate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 April 2018
diverse day dealing with senior levels down to junior levels. specialised in compensation and benefits which provided an opportunity to learn more about this, the culture tended to be very political. The long hours were difficult with small children. Enjoyed my team
Pros
very good salaries
Cons
then the long hours and the politicking
Lack of organisational support.
Market Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton,Gauteng18 November 2017
Lack of formal on the job training.The role is challenging,enjoyable but unfortunately not all the duties one is employed to do have been utilised. The culture is hostile due to people or management.Work life balance is none existent.
Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 October 2017
Job security is fragile, and one doesn't know what the future will hold as management is tight-lipped.

But an excellent company to work for. The benefits and culture are excellent
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
Job security
Workplace Culture
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  SA11 October 2017
Pfizer has a diverse culture with a high quality transparent policies and values. It is an equal oppertunity employer. I like its OWNIT! logo & culture.
Productive, Fun,
Clinical Trial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng27 July 2017
The workplace culture was amazing. There would be times where you would have to put in extra hours at work and that would not go unnoticed. There was an open door policy where you could address issues with your manager. The company took care of its employees - subsidized cafeteria, gym at work, just to name a few.
Pros
Gym at work
The perfect springboard
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng11 July 2017
Working at Pfizer is all about ownership and responsibility. Our professional environment coupled with our high quality of colleagues enables us to perform optimally on a daily basis. I feel empowered as a Pfizer employee, in which my manager and team encourages me to take chances and work to the best of my ability. Our environment is very inclusive and integrity is one of our key pillars. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people and data to create strategies for my portfolio. I enjoy the challenge associated with effective marketing. The toughest part of the job is the administration requirements as there is often a large amount of paperwork required. Overall, Pfizer has afforded me the opportunity to develop into a strong brand manager, for which I am extremely grateful.
Highly Productive and fun culture workplace
Accounts payable specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng18 March 2017
I am enjoying myself working for Pfizer, the opportunity they have afforded me really did push me to come out of comfort zone. They challenged me so much that I need even more challenge with other companies. They allow personal growth by affording you the opportunity to study further. They invest in ones potential.

The culture in Pfizer allows you to have both work and personal time off so as to ensure that you have work and life balance. Your character and behavioral culture they fuse allows one to be conscious and always keep in mind that there is more to life than working one self to the hospital or just plain overworking.
Pros
Diversity, cultutre and owning what you do.OWNIT culture.
Cons
As finance you might have to work etra hours to get the results.
Excellent working environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 March 2017
Calling on doctors and pharmacies on my own and with consultants.
I learned everything about sales at Pfizer and their training was ongoing.
Excellent management team who were willing to assist anyone in need.
Very hard work and excellent team building.
Not bringing enough new products to the marketplace but over the years this improved dramatically.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of an extremely successful team and company,
Pros
Too many to mention
very educational
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Retreat, Western Cape2 March 2017
Challenging industry, needs high focus, production driven, growth opportunities available . Hard work culture , limited communication between Management and employees
Pros
perfomance appresials
Cons
job security
a great place to work for
professional sales representative (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng1 March 2017
A typical day is highly productive but also highly rewarding and with great contentment.
I have learnt that working for a productive, fast paced organization need not be at the expense of your sanity and your time spent with family.
Management at Pfizer is awesome, find ways to better the lives of employees without being lax on targets. Management is innovative and are "human" first and managers after.
The culture is great, I am genuinely happy. It feels like my second home.
Meeting targets but I am more than happy to go the extra mile because I am happy. I thrive on challenges because im not discouraged from taking risks and failure is not frowned upon as long as I have learnt from it and improve upon my mistakes. management embraces innovation and individuality and aim to make things fair for everyone. I love working for Pfizer South Africa!!!!
Pros
Benefits and work-life balance
Cons
remuneration and job advancement opportunities
Loved working for Pfizer
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 September 2016
They look well after their employees, there were good growth opportunities, respect for work life balance, good benefits, great people, loved my position
Inclusive Environment
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  ZA21 September 2016
Pfizer was exceptional at sales training and keeping its sales force updated about the environment within which they worked. They were above reproach when it can to the law, rules and regulations of the industry and maintained excellent relationships with the Key Opinion Leaders.
Pros
An inclusive environment
Cons
Salaries were not the best
Good company to work for,
Medical Rep (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN10 March 2015
lots of experience and support, good innovative product that you can always be proud of, good relationships within the team, team work a key success secret, lots of best practice sharing.
Good response from management when one has a concern,
Admin work sometimes can be overwhelming and interfere with day to day planning
Unpredictable, challenging, long hours
Senior Business Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GP24 July 2014
Unpredictable, challenging, long hours. Very hierarchical even though structure is very flay, making advancement into management difficult and entirely dependent on someone's departure.
Pros
Plenty of learning opportunity, challenging
Cons
Lack of investement in proper systems
Passion brings hard work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP10 May 2014
My typical day consisted of relationship building, coaching and education of my team members and key customers. Pfizer granted me many opportunities to develop myself and to constantly learning something about the industry, disease, coaching's and myself.
I developed a good number of friend within Pfizer. Most of my co-workers within Pfizer wanted only the best for the company.
The hardest part of the job is the for ever changing environment. If you are a weak hearted person, you can not make a career within this industry.
What I enjoyed the most is the fact that this industry is forever evolving with new technology en developments. You stay stimulated within the same position for many a years if you so which to. The industry and company also offer many opportunities if you which to progress further
Pros
The fact that this industry is forever evolving with new technology en developments, You stay stimulated within the same position for many a years if you so which to, The industry and company also offer many opportunities if you which to progress further
Cons
is the for ever changing environment, If you are a weak hearted person, you can not make a career within this industry.
Great company and colleagues
Clinical Trial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP21 November 2013
It was a very relaxing atmosphere. All the people were friendly. I learned a lot as it was the biggest clinical trial every on record in Wyeth that I worked on. The management was very good to us and we had great year end functions. We also celebrated a lot of days example secretaries day, valentine and many other. There was a lot of work to be done as of the magnitude of the studies. We worked very hard but if it was time to play, we played hard. We also received a lot of complimentary advertising/promotional gifts and had a staff shop for some of their products.
Pros
I learned a lot and had an excellent line manager.
Cons
Excellent company for growth opportunities
Buisness Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonhannesburg18 May 2013
Although Pfizer is a large company, the teams are very close-knit and supportive - especially during times of high stress and pending deadlines.
The culture is typical of a multi-national with a strong focus on performance and compliance.
Training and coaching support for managers is exceptional at Pfizer.
The toughest part? Red-tape and compliance resulting in a delay to implement at times - much improvement has been made in this regard.
The most enjoyable? Definitely the people - loyal teams with a steely resolve at all times.
Productive and balanced company - with a strong focus on performance.
Marketing and Brand Management (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg18 January 2013
Intense days with numerous activities and projects all running at the same time.
The enviroment allows you as a Brand Manager, to integrate all the necessary functions in managing the Brand effectively and requires matrix team involvement and good leadership.
Management support the focus and activity that is required to drive strong performance.
Pros
involved and exciting job
Cons
being completely consumed by one's job
Flexible working hours and good work enviroment