Pinsent Masons

Pinsent Masons Employee Reviews

4,0
No where else I'd rather work
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands20 February 2020
I've been at Pinsent Masons 9 years and there's no where else I'd rather be.

The IT team is very tight knit and its like having a second family.

Pinsent Masons has developed a culture of co operation, respect and innovation.

I'm very happy here and will stay until retirement if I can.
Senior HR Manager
SENIOR HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 January 2020
A great HR team to work with and be inspired by. Lots of collaboration with each of the HR SME's with HR sitting at the top table in respect of all HR and employee related matters. Very forward thinking and everyone in HR is keen to be the best and work towards employee satisfaction.
Great people
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 December 2019
Very collaborative firm with great people in the team.

Everyone works hard but also take the time to take a rest and socialise.

The firm promotes, encourages and continuously apires to be consistent with being purpose-led.
Pros
Great staff restaurant, quality food
Cons
Unknown at present
4,0
Flat structure and high level of collaboration
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 December 2019
Why I like working here:

* If you work hard you are rewarded.

* Information is shared freely in the firm, and we're encouraged to feel like we're all contributing to its success.

* HR genuinely have a seat at the table

* Every decision is well thought out and fairness is heavily emphasised. They avoid making snap decisions or throwing money at a problem

* Leadership seem to know when to take a risk and when to play it safe

* Partners speak to support staff like people and seem interested in our opinion
Pros
Collaborative culture
Cons
Relatively flat structure could be frustrating for some people
Collaborative and forward looking
Partner (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 December 2019
An ambitious firm that has developed signifciantly in a short period. Its network has grown very significantly in a range of jurisdictions, all in line with a cordinated, realistic strategy. The culture is very strong, with a genuine commitment to D&I acknowledged by Stonewall this year as its employer of the Year.
Pros
Collegiate and friendly culture, with a genuine ambition to grow
4,0
Compared to my last law firm this place is great
Busines Operations (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London11 December 2019
From day one I felt that there was a real collabarative feel working at Pinsent Masons. Working in Busines Ops, but sat amongst the lawyers and Central Management who were all fairly friendly. Unfortunately this is changing with the advent of Agile working as all of Bus Ops will be sat on the same floor together.

There is a relaxed but business like atmosphere, with fun firm get togethers such as the Spring & Summer parties and Christmas do. As well as other events throughout the year.

Within my area there is no real room for advancement due to the flat structure, unless my boss decides to leave, but as I'm not interested in management that's not an option.

Overall I'd recommend Pinsents to others looking to move on.
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere; Collobarative attitude
Cons
Flat org structure limits advancement opportunities
5,0
Collaborative and friendly place to work
Bids Manager (Current Employee) –  Crown Place, London11 December 2019
Pinsent Masons is without doubt, one of the friendliest firms I have ever worked at. Lawyers and business support work well together and in doing so enable both business and personal success.
The culture is a collaborative one and that really shines through. This is a friendly work environment, which nurtures confidence in one's capability. A win-win for everyone involved.
Pros
Agile working, great canteen and free coffee!!
Cons
havent found one yet
Its all about the Service
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 December 2019
My job is demanding but I have an amazing team and extremely supportive manager. I have been promoted in the last 3 years and constantly learning. The Client Service team I work within and the wider Facilties team are united and supportive with everyone working towards the same goal. The hardest part is the same as the most enjoyable and that's the people.
Not for me
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 November 2019
I didnt enjoy working here the management wasnt very helpful, they didnt support me well enough. When i ever had problems i was pushed to the side. Could be enjoyable for others.
Great Workplace
L & D Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands4 November 2019
No 2 days are ever the same here, you are encouraged to think for yourself instead of asking what to do.
The management team are refreshing and involve everyone on decision making, that concerns their relevant department.
The hardest part of the job can be sudden changes but this can also be relished as you have to think fast sometimes.
One of the most enjoyable things about working here is the people I work with. You spend a majority of your week at work, so it's great to get on with the people you work with.
Pros
Agile Working
Cons
Occasionally travel into work
summery
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 October 2019
very good place to work , nice staff relaxed atmosphere.
good working hours and weekends off as a chef .
good pay if you do any overtime, on an evening
24 October 2019

Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We wish you every success in your future.

Good workplace
Financial Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 October 2019
Good company to work for. Great culture and personally had a great time in my team. Good prospects for moving up the ladder and knowledgable people in management positions.
24 October 2019

Thanks so much for your review. It's great to hear that you had a good experience while working at Pinsent Masons. We wish you every success in your career going forward.

5,0
friendly and feels like a family
Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 July 2019
When I first joined the firm I had only worked in a firm a quater the size and not had the most welcoming experiance. After being in the firm a few weeks I could tell I would love it here and I have. People are so friendly and any questions everyone is happy to help out.
3,0
Changing Environment
Facilities Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands15 April 2019
Was an enjoyable place to work with the correct people in place.
Management has changed and opted for a harsher approach to leading a team
Negative Environment to work in and not praised for the good work done.
Genuine mistakes (rarely made) by staff are amplified and shown in a bad light.
Bad departmental structure for development and no real room for progression.
Pros
Free Cinema screenings
Cons
undervalued
Friendly firm
Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 April 2019
Its a friendly atmospheres to work in and staff members are approachable and friendly. The day to day work varies but its a good learning process as you get to learn something new everyday. I just think the progression is a bit hard within the firm.
easy place to work
Archive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 January 2019
my job was 9-5 in archiving. easiest job i ever have to do. everyone there is friendly and accommodating and most days were spent helping out post room and library as well as walking the floors to see if anyone needed help with archiving or finding deeds.

Most enjoyable part were the people. there were down to earth and chatty

hardest part was floor change as everyone did all there archiving within a couple days so where on a normal day we may get 15-20 boxes of deeds(maximum), in that week we got 200 a day. had to work overtime.
Pros
nicest people to work with
Cons
a lot of trying to be proactive and look as though busy
Never Again
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 October 2018
Expectation in place to be chained to your desk ensuring every second spent away from your desk is accounted for.
Culture based on assumption rather than facts.
Management comprise of lifers who make up human centipedes.
Naive employees are exploited due to their lack of industry experience and are given false illusions of professionalism.
Nonsensical IT training is provided by a non IT professional who has only experienced working in prehistoric IT conditions.
There is an unusual amount of self importance emanated from Management almost as if they expect to be worshiped as gods. There are snakes in the team who have been strategically placed almost as if you are working in a "Big Brother" house.
Potentially the company as a whole has a lot to offer. It would be highly recommended to shake up management and revisit what they are actually doing in their roles apart from slave driving their subordinates and behaving with double standards.
Pros
Nothing - Maybe a nice refurbed office
Cons
Everything about this place
5,0
Productive and fun working envitonment
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Qatar13 August 2018
Enriching , personal development, well balanced work and social life.

Very supportive on job training, continuos professional development. Minimum supervision.
Pros
Free snacks and refreshments
Not the best experience
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 June 2018
Not that the higher management would have tolerated it had they had to work in that room, but having to listen to a lowbrow local commercial radio station all day every day was just too much. Maybe you have to be a complete numpty to withstand that stuff, or just be brain dead, but it was slow mental torture and I could not stand it after the first two days. You hear the same songs every hour! That's criminal. When I tried to take protective measures by purchasing and wearing ear defenders, that was frowned upon in case upper management saw it and thought they were headphones playing my own tunes!
Anyway, with the photocopiers and printers going all day, there was enough noise to try and block out already.
Mail room run by a lady who strategically booked holidays before anyone else got a shot, and with only one person being allowed off at a time it was a bit unfair on those of us who actually had children to spend time with in their school holidays.

On balance though, when I needed time off for family reasons I was not discouraged from doing so, so on that point the management score well.
Pros
Free fruit, breakfast cereals, coffee; proximity to park for lunchtime walk
Cons
The role, and the conditions under which that role had to be carried out.
Fun workplace
Archive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 June 2018
Amazing place to work in. Everybody is friendly and you can get along with everyone there.

Work can be really busy depending on the time of the day.

Most enjoyable part was eating lunch with work colleagues at the restaurant which is part of the office building.
Pros
restaurant within work building
3 October 2019

Thank you for sharing your review, as you know being Approachable is one of our core values so it's great to hear you experienced this during your time at Pinsent Masons.

We agree the Hub in London is pretty special; both the food and atmosphere are lovely.

Thanks again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinsent Masons. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1