Pioneer Foods Employee Reviews

Former Demand Planner MALMESBURY
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Western Cape4 June 2018
Nice Company To Work for Over 10 Years i Have worked for Pioneerfoods. Responsible for Direct Deliveries and Stock availability in DEPOTS like Bloemfontein.

Realy a Go to Company to work for Miss Them a lot.
Pros
Fruit Juice
Cons
Great Hours
Nice workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Western Cape31 May 2018
I worked in the quality lab, testing flour samples for water activity, consistencies, color etc.

the people are very friendly and nice to work with. I've learned a lot everyday, but sometimes when the mill had a breakdown there were no samples for us to test, then it were quit difficult to handle to do nothing and then the time goes by very slow. It;s a lot of physical work, long hours standing but overall I enjoy it there for the 2 months industry training that I had to do for completing my studies.
productive with many experiece
fitter artisan (Current Employee) –  Krugersdorp, Gauteng28 May 2018
We are productive unit in the group as we are number one by now. We dont have fun as we only conventrate on production to keep our business stable and compitable.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
Finance administrator Creditors/Debtors (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape28 May 2018
Strategic Service is like the heartbeat of the Pioneer group. where everything begin. The buying,procurement and transport.
Its a financial institute where you have to work under pressure and perform at the end of the day.
where billionrands of contracts get scrutinize an payments to suppliers and transporters being processed.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive entity
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Western Cape23 April 2018
A good company to work for.Good people with skills and very eager to work.Work load is very high and i feel it should be better managed through proper engagement with one another.A huge gap from management to the worker is present and this is the cause of many undesirable or never minded workers creating their own tendencies to finish their daily task.More training must be given to management in the form of basic management behaviour skills towards workers.The hardest part is to convince management for change.
Pros
Willingness to support
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town17 March 2018
Responsible for the well being of the employees.

Responsibilities

Recruiting
Training
Disciplinary inquiries
Pay qualities
Wellness of employees
All Human Resources functions
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
productive and successful
Stock controller (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape1 March 2018
I was working fine the with challenges dad lines , working fine with my stuff and team members and management . the environment was good and healthy business
Pros
free bread
Cons
shift
Enjoyed the experience only a pity that it was part-time
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape26 February 2018
Hard work and enjoyed the experience but it was only a part time job. Worked well with the other personnel. It was an opportunity to learn and was disappointed that it was only a part time job as the company is well-known and I could made a career of it and improve myself to apply for other posts.
productive and inspirring
Workshop Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 February 2018
Balance budget cost to actual spent, for 3 sites
attend to querries from suppliers and workshop
give technical advice to staff at all sites
deal with claims and approvals on parts ordered
all email queries
health andsafety
find time for something to eat
when all aspects balance and no work is left for tomorrow
Pros
rewards are when you are thanked for a job well done
Cons
when some one does not show appreciation for what you have done or helped with
Growth is an advantage, work for excellence
SALES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape26 January 2018
My main aim everyday at work is to complete my daily workload. Ive learned that team work is of importance and tasks can get so much easily done if you work as a team. Regular meetings was held which made me feel included of the whereabouts and surroundings of the company as well as the employees work issues,that strategies was implemented to assist and make workload easier and more strategic. Learning new things is challenging and the more you interact with your employees the quicker you learn to adapt.What the most enjoyable part of my job was , if there was positive surroundings and atmosphere then i would work on my best.
Pros
birthday gifts
Cons
overtime
productive and team work is of importance
Dry mix assistant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng17 January 2018
My typical day at work is entails clocking in, put on my PPE, do the opening checklist then order the raw material, labeling material to pack finish goods,pack finish goods, write batch sheets and send out pallets.

I lean that if i'm committed and do things the right way i remain happy so as the team at work.

Communication with the management keeps the staff informed on the daily running of the business.

Workplace culture is the morning daily meetings cold MDW. Where we reflect on the previous day targets achievements and the day's plans.

The hardest part of the job is where no one wants to be accountable.

I like chasing targets and achieving plans. working with the team that enjoy the job as i do and have the same goals to get to the target.
Pros
Rewards on company values
Cons
long haurs
learnership (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 January 2018
Good workplace environment with time to relax but not ping pong games only when you are outside or break. Production environment keeps you busy all the time.
Production is more important that employees
Process Controller (Current Employee) –  Olifantfontein14 January 2018
Its your normal working conditions, with bad management and production is more important than employees and safety is not their priority.
Salary is competitive but no benefits no medical aid.
productive place
Maintenance Fitter and Turner (Current Employee) –  Clayville, Gauteng13 December 2017
The company is good campany and is big but the company does not care about their employers,the only thing they know is production and more production the management is one of the worst you can think off,Their employers young enegitic hard working,always will to help and learn.would i recommed the company definitely no.
Pros
Cons
long hours and no launch
Busy, but fun environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape4 November 2017
Here I learned about food technology and what the job description is of an food technologist. I also learned about product development. I enjoyed the product development the most and the research that goes along with it. Also if there was fails, I enjoyed the challenge to get a solution for the problem.
Pros
Got to taste the new products
 To be organized and be able to work independently
operator (Former Employee) –  Tembisa17 October 2017
OPERATING MACHINES IN THE PACKAGING HALL, to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
 Ability to multi-task and work under pressure

 
Pros
not applicable
good company
flour miller (Former Employee) –  Krugersdorp, Gauteng26 August 2017
check quality of production on maize and flour
set the mill.
Recording of performance
Ensure efficient loss control
Efficient management.
Wonderful place
In production and track association (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape11 August 2017
Enjoyable ,wonderful experience ,the work place to remember,you feel free in your work ,you must work hard to improve ,can't play in the place because you can lose your work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8 hours a day
Fun
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, Western Cape25 July 2017
It is a big company that takes care of its workers. Its a fast paced environment and you learn new things everyday.

I wish the management could be more supportive to the staff. There is a room for growth if you are ambitious.
Pros
Cons
Not enough human resources
Growing , productive & making lots and lots of profit
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Germiston, Wadeville6 July 2017
I work 8 hours a day, and take 45 minutes lunch. I have learned how to use scanner, forklift operating and picking, management does not provide us with more training opportunities. So far everything is enjoyable about my job. Overtime is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Free cases of juices
Cons
Lack of oprtunities