Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 89 reviews matching the search See all 3 152 reviews
Fun working place
child minder (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng23 January 2019
Planet fitness is a very fun clean vibrating work place to work at. The people are very open they help you with any questions you have and make sure you understand.
Pros
Managerable lunch hours
Cons
Cold enviroment
Hardcore Sales and Productive Teamwork
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montana, Gauteng8 January 2019
Daily KPI's must be achieved, teaches you to negotiate and close efficiently and quick. Management is very strict and professional, always pushing their consultants to achieve their best. The hardest part of the job is getting prospects to come to the club as to be able to sell memberships. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to be part of peoples conscious decision to become healthy and live a healthier lifestyle. Also getting to know people personally and what goals they want to achieve.
Pros
Free National Gym access
Cons
Extremely Long hours
Fitness and Fun
Membership Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 January 2019
Use of Innovation and initiative
Dedicated
Time Management
Attention to detail
Customer Orientated
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Commission
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roodepoort, ZA6 December 2018
Great experience .was awesome helping clients to achieve their goals and work with like minded people on a day to day basis. Fit and fun environment to work in
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
Positive environment
Personal trainer/Boxing trainer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 December 2018
Was fun to work at the company. The environment was positive and the people were very friendly. Management always ensured that the employees was always motivated and happy.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Unflexible working hours
Sales Associate for Gym Contracts
SALES CONSULTANT PLANET FITNESS (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 November 2018
A typical day would comprise of contacting prospects and cold calling until a client would have an interest in the Gym Contract.Once that was established we would invite them in for a meeting and a trial, then they would sign a specific length contract.
Pros
Started well but the Salary was not that great
Cons
No Advancement
Great Yoga Students (Members), good yoga teachers, bad management
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng18 September 2018
Company didn't honour group fitness contract as I had a membership contract before I became a yoga instructor there. If you do sign a group fitness instructor contract which states that you are entitled to free training and are already a member, it is your responsibility to phone the call centre and pay a fee to activate free training. The pay is very low for experienced yoga instructors and frankly the membership team from a club level to provincial level are dishonest and don't take criticism well. They refused to refund membership fees I had paid while teaching there, but did not tell me to change my membership contract to a group fitness contract. Also the company does not treat all contractors equally: Some yoga instructors were employed without cpr certification, but I had to go on a course before they would allow me to teach. I really got the feeling that Planet Fitness only cares about money and doesn't care about its employees...
Pros
Club has a great dedicated hot yoga space
Cons
Low pay, ineffective/ managers, cutting corners
1,0
Atrocious company to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview, Gauteng10 September 2018
One can tell an awful lot about a company and what they think of their staff when you see their staff room. How many staff rooms you think Planet Fitness has for their 40 plus gyms? ...ZERO they do not have a single staff room in any of their clubs nationally.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
No weekends off and long hours
People are friendly
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg1 August 2018
My time working for planet fitness was one where I had the opportunity to gain a mass amount of knowledge. My people skills improved vastly and my communication skills grew greatly.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
poor management and support
club maager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng12 July 2018
was a great company as they are growing but the managers and support team is poor and they victomise everyone. poor labour practice in terms of pregnt
3,0
Fun place to work, plenty to learn from and grow
WELLNESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 May 2018
The work place is fun, I learnt plenty. Very demanding and leaves no time for family/ Must be flexible and highly adaptive because of the long working hours and the possibility to be relocated to a different club.
Pros
free gym accessibility
Cons
No benefits or stability
4,0
Gun place nice staff members
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Randfontein, Gauteng24 May 2018
Its very nice and everyone works together and work out problems and help where ever they can and stand by each other .Whe are an strong team of young people that support not just our staff group but also our members and whe try to supply the members with our best at heart.
Pros
Most weakends off
Interacting with the members
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Walmer, Eastern Cape18 April 2018
Getting to interactive with the members helped me improve my interpersonal skills. I also had the opportunity to assist with some training lessons that was needed to be given with assisted me to become more comfortable in front of others.
5,0
A very good and professional work enviroment
Receptionist / Welcome Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Cape Town13 March 2018
Professional yet layed back enviroment. Working closely with customers face to face and telephonically on a daily basis. Building relationships with customers.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Late shifts
Very Productive
Receptionist (Welcome Desk) (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview, Gauteng5 March 2018
admin work, greeting visitors, answering phone calls. Customer service. The management was very nice. The workplace culture was ok. working long hours. Meeting famous people.
Pros
Tips
2,0
fun work place
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2018
At planetfitness i enjoy working because they understand people if you have problem my duty was to do cleaning in the morning and evening just to check everthing is clean in the gym
Pros
no free lunch
Fun, just long hours
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waterkloof, Gauteng6 February 2018
Working at Planet Fitness was a great experience. I met awesome people whom I will never forget.
The hours is just impossible, upon that was the gym far from me, so driving girl alone was a bit risky.
Pros
45% off at Ouma
2,0
Great Place to wrok at
Receptionist / Admin Clerk Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 January 2018
Planet fitnes is a great place to work at but the salary is way to litte for the hours worked and the management is not friendly at all. Planet fitness has no benefits and do not pay public Holidays
No 2 days are the same
Executive Consultant - Project Management (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng4 January 2018
Since I currently manage 3 portfolios, my day is very diverse, priorities can change on a moments notice.
Typically, I address any IT related issues followed by reviewing/ writing/ amending legal contracts and then correspondence with loyalty partners.
My co-workers see as approachable and someone who is always will to help them get the job done.
During my 10 years at Planet Fitness I have learnt how to meet people at their level of understanding.
I enjoy the fact that no two days are the same; however, this can also be challenging as it means working 14-hour days.
Pros
Lyoal
Fun workplace
Internship planet fitness (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West2 December 2017
Working there is just for me to get experience and understand how I can gym and target the right kind of muscles.....
The management is a cool guy, his understanding and easy to talk with...
The workplace is just cool everyone is good to thee other...
Having to do aerobics was the most difficult things...
The classes are intense...
Having to train and doing what I love which is fitness training.
Working with my fitness
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short hour