Platinum Life Employee Reviews

My review
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 November 2019
Platinum Life isn't the best place to work at. The leaders were only nice when they needed you. They set targets that seem reachable but make them hard to reach.
3,0
Typical day at would be sorting out ur sales sheet and dialing each lead on the sheet
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 November 2019
Good work environment to work at
Nice incentives too
Good working hours
Jewish holidays a plus
Work culture great
Meeting targets exciting when incentives set are of monetary value
5,0
Platinum Life is one of best companies I have ever worked for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florida, Gauteng17 October 2019
The best employer thus far, environment is great and management does their job properly.i learned alot working for platinum life the experience was overwhelming I am more skilled now than before and I am ready to take on the world with all my experience. Thank you Platinum Life
Dream Company
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Gauteng21 September 2019
I absolutely loved the corporate culture while working here. I love the fact that the company is quite paper keeping you as an employee quite productive and efficient in doing your work.
Pros
Free Breakfast and other incentives
A target-based environment
Data Generator (Former Employee) –  Illovo, Gauteng4 September 2019
It was a target-based environment which was really welcoming and friendly. I could fit into the culture of the company however it was difficult dealing with the pressure of a Call Centre environment that is based on targets. Salary was commission-based.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Sandton17 August 2019
Working at platinum life had helped me gain a lot of experience and to be able to be independent and get my own place to stay I made a lot of money .I gained a lot and also being able to support my family and also to learn more about cancer
Pros
Free break fast and alcohol
Cons
Fair hours
Fun training
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 July 2019
Great place. Targets are too steep but great...as I've only been on the training side of things. I didn't make it too far because of the steep targets
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Working recycled leads
Fun workplace. Too much pressure
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng12 July 2019
Too much pressure.
Great commission.
Fun environment.
Management is cool.
Needs hard worker and must be willing to sit all day on the phone and work over time if team isn't meeting sales target.
Pros
Too much pressure
Cons
Great commission
Work Ethics
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Illovo, Gauteng8 May 2019
Free Breakfast in the morning in a clean environment. good security with enough parking lots. they re professional an have good leadership Technics.good working hours and lots of holidays.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
2 out of 10 chances to be permanent.
Fun place to work at
Telesales representative (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West6 May 2019
Its a good company, only flaw is that there is no job security. More effort could be done to help trainees at an equal rate with the leads provided, all in all its enjoyable and never a dull moment
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No job security
4,0
Worked part-time
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West29 April 2019
A typical day at work was tension filled as your job depended on the number of sales made. I learned how to persuade and convince people to buy products. I also learned how to balance work and school. The workplace culture is so intriguing and vibrant something I personally enjoyed. The hardest part of the job is the fact that you do not choose potential buyers yourself and sometimes individuals you are trying to sell to are unemployed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the hang of sales and enjoy accomplishing your target goals.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Salary and commision varies according to how well you did. Inconsistent salary
1,0
High stress work environment where targets are dependent on phoning people who do not want to be called
Lead generation (Former Employee) –  Johannesburh23 April 2019
High Stress environment where targets are dependent on speaking to people who do not want to be spoken to and are uninterested. If target is not met during selection or even missed by two then there is no chance of being accepted. Baited with R20000 salary but that is dependent on whether targets are met and is commission based. Also a degree is needed but I fail to understand why because the job entails cold calling and nothing more. Working environment was good but attempted to make up for the soul destroying job.
Pros
One free lunch in selection week
Cons
High stress environment, stress to meet targets, soul destroying
2,0
Hard life
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rivionia9 April 2019
A typical day would include arriving at work sorting leads and dialing. The management team is very clicky, The people and the overall culture is great. the most enjoyable part is the earning potential.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
irregular working hours
3,0
Its a fun workplace but reaching the desired target was a bit of a challenge.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng8 April 2019
The basic salary that you are issued before being admitted full-time in the company was too little to make it through the month.
it was not easy to understand the commission structure. It was a bit too complicated.
Pros
Free Lunch, Jewish Holidays, Gifts for reaching good target
Productive and fun workplace
Tele Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 October 2018
Seeing that the Pretoria branch is a student centre, it is a fun (and professional) work environment, teaching us all about hard work and commitment. We acquire and develop the following skills: Customer relations, communication, problem-solving, time management, diligence, qualitative work results, and reaching our targets, while creating and maintaining a professional work culture.
VERY demanding !
TSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Gauteng6 July 2018
The worst part about working for Platinum Life is that they lure you in under false pretenses, making you believe that as a student you can work for them part time whilst completing your studies.
This could not be further from the truth, this job is very demanding. It is definitely a full time job, don’t think you can work flexible hours and make some extra money.
It is a FULL time job, in which every single day you have to be at the office and you will most likely be there for around 5 or more hours a day.
High pressure and very demanding, as a full time student this is just not possible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, demanding, high pressure, full time job not part time
2,0
soul destroying
Call Centre Agent (Outbound) (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 May 2018
being on the phone call day to people who dot want to be called is very demorilizing. they tried to make it fun in the office but it just didnt make up for the job.
Fantastic Work Environment
Client Care (Current Employee) –  Illovo, Gauteng24 April 2018
Days are busy and tough, but very rewarding. Always striving to improve with constant innovation.
Hard work will be expected but will also be rewarded.
Fantastic teamwork and colleagues who motivate and support you daily.
Management is supportive and fair.
You will have to work hard to advance in your career.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Demanding
4,0
Fast paced, and Fun enviroment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng7 February 2018
It is a fun environment to work in, however, there is a lot of pressure placed on you to meet the target of the day before leaving.

All the managers are kind and approachable, they are there to help you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
High pressure to meet target
5,0
Fun and vibrant workplace.
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg14 January 2018
Fun and energetic work environment. People are very friendly and helpful. Management is very good. Learned how to manage my time. How to get more organized in my way of working. Learned to communicate over the telephone. Hardest was to be able to reach daily targets.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Daily Targets