Platinum Life Employee Reviews

1,0
VERY demanding !
TSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Gauteng6 July 2018
The worst part about working for Platinum Life is that they lure you in under false pretenses, making you believe that as a student you can work for them part time whilst completing your studies.
This could not be further from the truth, this job is very demanding. It is definitely a full time job, don’t think you can work flexible hours and make some extra money.
It is a FULL time job, in which every single day you have to be at the office and you will most likely be there for around 5 or more hours a day.
High pressure and very demanding, as a full time student this is just not possible.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, demanding, high pressure, full time job not part time
2,0
soul destroying
Call Centre Agent (Outbound) (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 May 2018
being on the phone call day to people who dot want to be called is very demorilizing. they tried to make it fun in the office but it just didnt make up for the job.
Fantastic Work Environment
Client Care (Current Employee) –  Illovo, Gauteng24 April 2018
Days are busy and tough, but very rewarding. Always striving to improve with constant innovation.
Hard work will be expected but will also be rewarded.
Fantastic teamwork and colleagues who motivate and support you daily.
Management is supportive and fair.
You will have to work hard to advance in your career.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Demanding
Fast paced, and Fun enviroment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng7 February 2018
It is a fun environment to work in, however, there is a lot of pressure placed on you to meet the target of the day before leaving.

All the managers are kind and approachable, they are there to help you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
High pressure to meet target
5,0
Fun and vibrant workplace.
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg14 January 2018
Fun and energetic work environment. People are very friendly and helpful. Management is very good. Learned how to manage my time. How to get more organized in my way of working. Learned to communicate over the telephone. Hardest was to be able to reach daily targets.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Daily Targets
Productive workplace
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West3 January 2018
At 08h00 I would be on my post. Every morning i would check if the server backed up correctly. Then i made my rounds at each department to make sure everything is in working order e.g. printers,wifi, networks, emails, etc. Thereafter i would get to all the managers/employees IT related enquires. After the days work I would backup the server before leaving for home.

I have gotten a lot of time management, communication and call center environment experience at this job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was entrusted to run the IT department the way I wanted to.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons
Understaffed
Amazing high quality, fun, friendly & professional workplace & management
Upgrades Conservations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Illovo2 October 2017
Not a lot of companies can be compared to Platinum Life. The quality of their management, benefits, training, understanding for each individuals work needs are amazing. The hardest part is working with client's policies who needs to cancel because of finances, however, the most enjoyable part is being trained properly how to assist clients with their current needs & help them not to loose their benefits & end a telephone conversation with a great compliment from a client regarding our excellent service & caring manner. The entire working atmospere is wonderful to work in. So proud of what this company has achieved so far.
Pros
Extremely good salaries, company benefits, Jewish holidays, profit share, flexi hours
Cons
Driving from Pretoria East to Sandton every day
4,0
Productive and fun workplace with very friendly people
Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 July 2017
Friendly workers, a happy environment with executives who are motivational and friendly. Everyone is always ready to help and lend a hand. Great student work.
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
Great culture of learning, needs self disciple and management
Data Analyst/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng19 June 2017
I arrive at or before 7 and work until 3. I learned time management skills, multitask and work independently. Best part of my work is meeting with different people and learning different technologies and mentorship. Worst part is having a lot of work to do that was not indicated as part of my job description and not being acknowledged
Pros
Off on Jewish holidays. Receive beauty packs, Mentorship
Cons
Few opportunities for expansion
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West6 June 2017
I love working for Platinum life. My colleagues are outgoing, determined and successful. The office has a feel good vibe and always makes you feel happy.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Long hours, consistant pressure
fun to work at
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  North West1 April 2017
this job was fun to work at as a student it allowed me to go to all my classes and still make a little bit of money on the side. it is perfect for students
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not in my prefered work field
5,0
Innovative and entrepreneurial place to work
Technical Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Illovo, Gauteng20 February 2017
A truly innovative and entrepreneurial minded company. A very fresh approach to business combining solid quantitative analysis as well as continuous innovative design thinking
3,0
Hard work with great benefits
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West18 January 2017
Long hours, but flexibile, big income and learning to do time management and be determined to succeed in reaching targets. Great co-workers and management.
4,0
productive and very informative environment
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  johannesburg north4 January 2017
my day to day main objective was closing sales deals over the phone and maintaining good customer relationships. It was very sales target driven and I earned purely on commission so my days were quiet stressful at time. I learned tp produce results under pressure and a lot about how to handle myself professionally on the phone at all times with all clients. the hardest part of my job was the rejection that generally comes with sales and those times when i missed my monthly target by an inch. I enjoyed engaging different types of people and helping them create that safety net for themselves for the future all in the while building relationships with my clients. the work space itself was warm and inviting and I always felt at home. We did quiet a bit of team building and motivational talks those kept me going at hard times. It was always team orientated and goal driven and I was able to buy my first car because the leadership was always pushing me.
Pros
incentives
Cons
pressure
3,0
Very inspiring and motivational but a lot of pressure to perform
Lead generator (Former Employee) –  Illovo, Gauteng3 January 2017
Working there was a fun and educational experience, it requires a lot of dedication and hard work and perseverance. There is a lot of pressure to perform as your performance not only determines your salary but also safeguards your job
Pros
Money
Cons
Too much pressure
Good job for a student
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West20 November 2016
Your typical work day include to call customers and sell insurance over the phone. You have a daily target to meet which can be difficult at times considering that you work and study at the same time. The most enjoyable part is your colleges as they are also fellow students and they are there to help you. I've learned communication skills and objective handling in this job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Stressful, but enjoyable environment
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng24 October 2016
Strict management, lots of work, required one to manage time wisely. The job taught me a lot about perseverance and work ethic. Great co-workers, positive, surrounded with lots of young graduates. Lots of opportunities for growth and lots of material for improving the one's skill in terms of telemarketing.
Pros
Great salaries, no weekends
Cons
Short Lunches, Long hours
Productive and fun workplace
Student promotional call centre (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Gauteng1 August 2016
Learn to deal with various people with a range of different questions. Teaches you to always be calm and listen to what other people have to say 1st. Friendly environment made fun by means of competitions and prices. The hardest part of the day would be when there are no answers and one struggles to make target.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unpredictable days
4,0
Productive, fun work place, student atmosfere
Marketing, Marketing, Capturing data in Excel (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 March 2016
Starts at 7 end at 6 but it depends on you how many hours you need to work to reach target, You Do your tele-marketing and then there is a free lunch, and if you reached target you can go home.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Commission based work
3,0
Commision basis and not stimulating
Data Generator (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 November 2015
Nature of the job is extremely repetitive and does not provide a challenge at all. HR is very unorganized and because of the commission basis, the salary is too inconsistent.

Working environment is good, just the nature of the job and management style is not up to standard.