Platinum Life

3,4Work-Life Balance
3,7Pay & Benefits
2,9Job Security & Advancement
5,0
Fun and vibrant workplace.
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg14 January 2018
Fun and energetic work environment. People are very friendly and helpful. Management is very good. Learned how to manage my time. How to get more organized in my way of working. Learned to communicate over the telephone. Hardest was to be able to reach daily targets.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Daily Targets
4,0
Enjoyable place to work with high emphasis on self management.
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg5 November 2014
There was no such thing as an ordinary days work at Platinum Life. Everyday was faced with new challenges and different projects.

I learned much about system development in my year which I spent there.

The management style of the company was to allow staff to manage their own time and tasks with focus on output rather than office structures. Although this lead to a productive work environment at time the unstructured nature of the job could be challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the high emphasis on ensuring employers enjoy a balanced life while working for the company.
4,0
Fun and relaxed, but performance driven
Technical Skills Instructor and Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP28 August 2014
My typical day at work involved expanding the syllabus as well as teaching it to staff members. I learned to build rapport with staff as well as to get buy in from crucial stake holders. I also learned to work within a corporate structure and how to conduct business analysis. I had good relations with all my coworkers and was considered generally well liked. I found that management was generally close minded and very much in their own perspective but I have been having more and more success in getting by in from higher management levels.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
I could not perform to the level that I wanted with out working overtime, I was not rewarded for my extra work
5,0
Positive organizational climate
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg11 March 2013
a typical day at work is a positive enviroment with stunning people. Learned to be target driven, positive and self motivated with a wonderful professional management team. My co-workers are like family to me and very supportive and motivational. The hardest part is to be target driven and helps to keep you motivated, the thing I love about my job is the people I work with
Pros
appreciation of hard work, gets rewards for it. very good salarie and friendly enviroment