Platinum Life

Platinum Life Employee Reviews in Potchefstroom, North West

Fun place to work at
Telesales representative (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West6 May 2019
Its a good company, only flaw is that there is no job security. More effort could be done to help trainees at an equal rate with the leads provided, all in all its enjoyable and never a dull moment
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No job security
Productive workplace
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West3 January 2018
At 08h00 I would be on my post. Every morning i would check if the server backed up correctly. Then i made my rounds at each department to make sure everything is in working order e.g. printers,wifi, networks, emails, etc. Thereafter i would get to all the managers/employees IT related enquires. After the days work I would backup the server before leaving for home.

I have gotten a lot of time management, communication and call center environment experience at this job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was entrusted to run the IT department the way I wanted to.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons
Understaffed
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West6 June 2017
I love working for Platinum life. My colleagues are outgoing, determined and successful. The office has a feel good vibe and always makes you feel happy.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Long hours, consistant pressure
3,0
Hard work with great benefits
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West18 January 2017
Long hours, but flexibile, big income and learning to do time management and be determined to succeed in reaching targets. Great co-workers and management.
Good job for a student
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West20 November 2016
Your typical work day include to call customers and sell insurance over the phone. You have a daily target to meet which can be difficult at times considering that you work and study at the same time. The most enjoyable part is your colleges as they are also fellow students and they are there to help you. I've learned communication skills and objective handling in this job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyable environment
Telesales representative (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, NW25 August 2015
A typical day at work, was getting coffee upon arrival and greeting the entire office before closing in on your own cubicle of work.
I have learned how the basic corporative environment operates in the day to day life and I gained skills I never knew I could have, like keeping calm under unimaginable stress, for instance!
I had and still have great respect for the management of Platinum Life, as they put effort into each and every single employee. They were mentors to me, not only on occupational level.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was probably my co-workers and the fact that I did not feel like a third year student when I walked in the office. The atmosphere was almost perfect!
Despite all the great aspects of Platinum Life, the actual deed of doing the same work every day, repeating the same set of words every 15 minutes and elaborating on a harsh topic such as Cancer all day long, was the hardest.
Pros
Free Coffee and Popcorn Througout the entire day and Free Snack at 11:00
Cons
Rude clients
Productive and fun workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, NW24 April 2014
Management is great, and it is a great company to work for. Co-workers are driven and friendly. Hardest part is fitting everything into a day's work, but it teaches you time-management skills.
Pros
Jewish holidays off, company gives you many perks after 6/12 months employment
Cons
Reasonably long hours