PPD Employee Reviews

5,0
Very friendly environment and flexible working hours.
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodmead, Johannesburg6 July 2015
As a Lead Monitor I enjoy coordinating visits, giving guidance to site staff and demonstrating excellent working team spirit by providing support and necessary guidance to other members of the team prior to, during and after the Site Monitoring Visits. I enjoy challenges I come across during my job. The best thing about working in this role is the sense of working towards an end goal that will really make a difference; when deadlines are fast approaching and stress levels are high, it can be easy to forget the bigger picture; without the role of the CRA, new drugs would not be developed.The number of tasks to do over the course of a trial is endless. Every day is different from the last and this is one of the reasons that this job appeals to me.

The hardest past of the job is travelling to a site either by car or flight, depending on the hospital location.Due to critical project timelines, you are sometimes expected to work overtime and complete some of your reports and respond to queries after hours when you are back at the hotel or home.
Pros
Ability to see the world and learn about different cultures
Cons
Long travelling hours, delayed flights and sometimes having to cope with unfavorable hotel conditions etc.
4,0
Wonderful Company to Work at
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC23 March 2015
Managment is great;
PPD has a good working environment and is very accommodating.
The people are always willing to assit and a spirit of togetherness is encouraged.

I am a home-based CRA, however, I interact with those in the office with ease.

Work-life balance is always emphasized.

Salary is great, however, bonuses could be improved.

Career advancement could also improve.
Pros
The Home-based policy is great
Cons
Long tavel hours to countries outside South Africa while I have a young family and not good.