Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 5 487 reviews
2,0
Expat Dominated Workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 February 2019
Limited growth for South Africans as the upper management levels are all expats. No formal or SAQA accredited training being offered. Company do not invest in formal training.
Cons
No formal training opportunities
5,0
Fun work environment, smart people
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 December 2018
Great place to work. Enjoyed all the roles I had and the people I worked with on a daily basis. I was continuously challenged and learnt a lot. The company offers best in class benefits and the management is constantly seeking feedback on how to improve.
Pros
Stock ownership plan, discounted staff shop, off-site events, healthcare, pension plan
Cons
Work life balance
2,0
Management more concern about risk and safety. Don't understand the basic principals
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng18 July 2018
Most of the time was located to sfety and to issue permits. The reason was the people not sure how to address the Basic principals and to overcome the urgency
4,0
Challenging but ideal and fun workplace
DESKTOP ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg23 March 2018
My day consisted of supporting Procter and Gamble's internal employees. Support ranged from assisting employees with desktop, laptop, and peripheral issues, imaging new laptops for current or new employees, setup and configure DECT office phones and mobile phones (iPhones), performed IT on-boarding for new employees, performed inventory and asset management of all IT equipment, and liaised with vendors in configuring IT equipment and/or supporting any malfunctioning or defective IT equipment.

Working for Procter and Gamble allowed me to increase and improve upon my current knowledge of IT support and procedures, including but not limited to: problem troubleshooting, customer interaction, asset and inventory management, meeting customer expectations, and mobile support.

Management and I worked smoothly and in sync together without any hassles to ensure that the employees were constantly operating at 100% efficiency. Any concerns or issues between management and myself were handled in private and in a professional manner.

Procter and Gamble was an excellent company with a diverse culture of people. Everyone I supported or interacted with were fun and easygoing.

The hardest part of working for Procter and Gamble was not with the employees but with the external vendors. At times, due to time differences and availability, connecting with a vendor was a difficult endeavor and therefore, there were slight delays in resolving issues. However, this was a minor issue and workarounds were always in place.

The most enjoyable part of working for Procter and Gamble was learning
  more... new IT skills and improving on current ones. In addition, it was a really fun place to work, made responsible by such fun and easygoing employees and strong management.  less
Pros
Free food and/or drinks
Cons
Communication with external vendors
5,0
A very challenging and productive place to operate on
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng30 January 2018
A very challenging and productive place to operate on..Today I Have Solid knowledge in modifying plant according to existing modification procedures to improve plant life cycle, reliability, performance and working environment. I investigate and identify areas of saving by optimizing operations, delivering value for money by Managing and developing short to medium term budget, forecasting, performance within budget. I have done project management, testing and commissioning of plant and the acceptance/ handover of projects, verification of project work in accordance with quality requirements and project process.
Inspirational Place to Work
Demand Planning Manager East Africa (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 January 2018
P&G is a wonderful company to work for. You are able to learn and grow during your assignment processes. Within the Supply Chain you have an opportunity to work within many departments and learn the processes of the company.
Pros
International Travel
Cons
1 year long assignments
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 October 2017
My typical day was, I will start by going through my e-mail and internet queries and orders, and capture the orders accordingly, and reply back to the customer about their queries, I had a good understanding manager, and he always compliment me on a work well done, The work culture is awesome, the people are very friendly and it is an open office policy which is great, I personally think to work in an open office environment is a good thing, it also give you the opportunity to know the people better that your work with and learn what they are doing. the most enjoyable part of my job was that I was also part of a team and was also invited in meetings with the perm stuff to discuss daily reports and monthly reports and targets, and was given the opportunity to raise my concerns and solutions.
Pros
the company is centralize in Sandton Johannesburg
Cons
perm jobs of contract and temp was a no promising
1,0
very stressful
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  South Africa16 October 2017
Procter and gamble is a very good company with very poor management, at procter and gamble you don't get to grow your career, if the manager doesn't like you for personal reasons then you will be stuck on a same position and salary for years
3,0
Good company
Project Manager (Innovation) (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng1 October 2017
This is a company with very high principles and values which are not just on the company website, they are principles and values that almost everyone leaves by on a daily bases. I loved their system of promoting from within as it allows the company to focus on people's skills development. Unfortunately job security is not a big priority for P&G.
Pros
High Energetic organisation, good salaries, very competitive, Flexible working hrs and being able to move from one department to another when career needs change.
Cons
Job security, Performance rating system
Great Global Company
Market Strategy & Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa23 August 2017
Great Global Company to work for, but regional offices might not be up to global standards. Senior management is vital to the atmosphere created within the office.
Cons
Long Hours
P&G Review
Senior National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg20 July 2017
Clear systems and structure in place with a clear and detailed expectation of what is required from you anf your position. Clear annual goals and targets to be met.
4,0
I enjoy working at P&G but problem is that I dont have time for my family
HR Service & Solutions Leader for SEA (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 May 2017
Love working at this company, employees are treated with respect. integrity is the biggest value. Work place is very friendly, growth is available to employees. The only challenge is that I never have time for my family as I work far and have to travel for about 4 hours in traffic.
5,0
Great place and even better people
Sales intern (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 May 2017
Very great and supportive culture. Great people and a fun, relaxed environment. I enjoyed it a lot. Hours were also very chilled. Lots of trust and mutual respect.
Productive fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandton Johannesburg21 April 2017
It was good. I grew to quite a few positions while in their employ. I have learnt a lot while.working there. Gained a lot of experience. Management at the time was very supportive of one growth. They invest in their employees.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Cons
Great Global Company
Business Administration Learnership (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng5 March 2017
Great company to start career, great flexible hours.
It's a good company if you're straight from tertiary or high school because you learn a lot about the corporate environment but not so great if you already have a bit of experience because you're going to do more or less the same thing all over again
Pros
Team offsite, Flexy hours
Cons
Lots of pressure
Culture at P&G
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng17 February 2017
P&G is a great company to work for. The strong values and principles the company uses to operate on is the cornerstone of everything we do at P&G. The culture is amazing and everyone that leaves P&G worldwide say what they miss most about the company is the people and the culture.
very professional comapany
line technician (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 June 2016
very good company with good relationship with workers most of the time. I had a good time working for them because I have grown so much as a person and also developed mentally and physically.
P&G contracting
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 May 2016
Excellent company with great opportunities to develop staff. demanding management drives excellence with partner companies third parties and internal staff.
3,0
On the job training
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 February 2016
One aspect that sets P&G up is their on the job training and confidence in you as an employee. From day one you are handed responsibilities and are measured against them whilst being constantly supported through relevant training.
4,0
Productive and flexible place to work
Funds Management Specialist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 December 2015
Working hours are flexible
I have learnt more professionally through in-house training e.g SAP & Optima
Management is good
Co-workers are great to work with
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexi-hours
Pros
Professional growth & knowledge
Cons
Stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Procter & Gamble. Our community is ready to answer.

4,2