Puma Energy Employee Reviews

Fun work place
general worker (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga3 February 2019
It was fun to work for puma and everyone was so nice and you will learn sio many things and meet new people every day and see lots of new stuff and cars IP
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
High pressured environment
Global Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng17 May 2018
My experience at Puma has been a challenging one as it was a new job function without any training.
I have adapted and made a success of my job.
The people culture is much to be desired as everyone is silo driven and shy away from responsibilty
Tough place to work
Regioanl Procurement manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 December 2017
Puma / Trafigura is a crazy busy but great place to work

But the stresses are high and demands great making it a tough place to work

They grew at an incredible pace so was exciting
4,0
Productive, fun and very challenging workplace
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP18 August 2014
Puma Energy is a very interesting company to work for, a typical day at Puma would be to be focused, handle lots of pressure, its too demanding so you need to always be ahead of schedule and know why you are there. You must be a driven person and energetic and be able to handle stress.

Puma taught me how to work individually, how to work under pressure and handle stress. also taught me how to react to situations and how to handle /deal or cope with different races/backgrounds and different cultures.

Management was very interesting, strict and very demanding but thats how one achieve growth.

I had very amazing co-workers and my very profesional but friendly Financila Manager.

The hardest part of the job, i found the job very interesting and a bit challenging because it felt like month end every week and its because of that, that i am able to say that i handle pressure and stress very well and i believe i have grown as an individual and will be able to take on any challenge that i might or will come across.

i enjoyed every part of my work including the challenges that came with it.
Pros
free refreshments daily and staff lunch every month.
Cons
Long hours.
3,0
Puma Energy was a new entrant having bought out BP Botswana.
Business to Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP28 August 2013
Puma Energy was a new entrant having bought out BP Botswana. It has a good future in the region.

Comment – 10 February 2014

A good highly pressured and challenging environment. A very focused strategy for the regional penetration. My experience with Puma was that they are very good with strategy implementation. An organisation I would happily embrace any time.