PwC Employee Reviews

Found 229 reviews matching the search See all 6 511 reviews
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Gauteng7 March 2019
Involved in various audits, providing assurance over specific elements in the financial statements. This included substantive testing and controls testing.

Areas audited included: Insurance and Investment Management
3,0
Big names aren't always the best
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape6 March 2019
The job was very demanding as the teams were not big enough to complete all the work. Therefore many employees were over-worked.

Although you get benefits like medical aid, etc. the salary itself did not do justice for the number of hours you would need to put in to complete all the work.

The company promotes a balanced lifestyle however it did not seem evident that anyone was successfully implementing this balanced lifestyle they were promoting.

Management seemed to care about your wellbeing, but in the end, the job needs to get done and deadlines need to be met.

Employees and co-workers seemed drained and depressed and were living from weekend to weekend if they had all their work up to date, which was not always the case.

Clients take long to send the required information and therefore played a big role in the deadlines.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long hours; Underpaid
5,0
It was fun and productive,dressing formal was what I liked
They were official and corporate (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth Eastern Cape4 March 2019
I enjoyed myself working in a quiet environment with hardworking people. I proved myself and did what was expected of me,I never complained about anything I just focused on getting the job done and give great results
Pros
I took lunch regularly and never took more time than I should
Cons
The working hours were from 8:00 until 16:30
productive and fun environment
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape4 March 2019
It is an accommodating workplace where in you get to connect with other people.Skill obtained:attention to detail. During the lunch, you get to socialise with other people.
All in all, everyone appears to be friendly.
Pros
free coffee
2,0
Productive without sense of life anywhere else
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 March 2019
The managers do not have respect for employees personal time. You are expected to make the company your number 1 priority at all times. without proper compensation!!
Fun workplace
Student (Former Employee) –  Midrand27 February 2019
I spent only a week there and it was fun and collaborative. The employees there all seemed happy and relaxed. The atmosphere seems to be great. It's a great place for young people
Pros
Great atmosphere
Educational and productive place
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth19 February 2019
The managers were always willing to assist with any questions we had and the experience that we obtained there was invaluable.

The other employees were all very friendly and we interacted with different individuals, which also assists with communications skills.
Insightful, Fun environment and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng5 February 2019
Though it was only for a week,the vacation programme gave us much insight into the world of business and how certain things operate. It gave us a lot of responsibilities and opportunities to learn new skiils.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long presentations
Pwc
Forensics Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng30 January 2019
PwC is a place that high expectations in required and good quality of work need to be presented to the client. Attention to detail is strict and all report that is written undergoes review before sending it out and for that the needs of the client will be for fulled.
Pros
Claims
Learning environment
Article Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 January 2019
Great learning environment. Excellent audit exposure to the big industry players in respective fields. No real work life balance as an audit clerk however
1,0
Stressful workplace
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, 7600, ZA16 January 2019
PWC is a very stressful environment were employees are pushed to their limits.

I feel the employers had very little consideration for the workers.

It was very difficult to remain positive in the workplace.
Very relaxing environment
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa9 December 2018
Upgrading the hosted Exchange infrastructure was my priority when starting the job. There was a couple of infrastructure and outages that had to be stabilised first. Migrated from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013. We had about 150 customers and 7000 users at the time and had to make sure service interruption are as low as possible.

I learned new features in Exchange 2013 and how the roles has changed had some unexpected behaviour and we had to work through those.

Management again gave me the freedom to setup the infrastructure propose and implement improvements and necessary changes for stability and good health of the infrastructure. I had a really good relationship with the Director of the department who was also my manager.

Initially it was hard keeping services up and there was many companies affected during any outage. This was however resolved in the majority in the first month all the critical solutions and then over the next few month the rest to ensure all works well.

Deploying Exchange 2013 which was the latest version at the time and cutting edge. Getting more exposure to Skype for Business and integration with Exchange and Polycom Conference units.
Pros
Good compensation, lots of opportunities, education on quarterly release programs
Cons
I cannot think of any, the working environment and everything was professional and in a healthy balance
N/a
Tax consultant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape2 December 2018
Very professional and hectic environment. Always think on your feet and watch yourself out there.

There's alot of credible experience. Rewards and compensation not that good but yeah.
4,0
Fast pace environment
Financial Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng27 November 2018
Risk Management, Treasury and Internal Audit:
- Oversaw and analysed banks’ exposure to credit risk
- Ensured that the banks comply with regulations that govern credit risk
- Developed, reviewed and recommended risk management frameworks for policies and procedures within which management can operate
- Reviewed corporate treasury environments and their business processes
- Performed detailed walk-through procedures of transactions within treasury to verify that identified internal controls are operating efficiently
- Reported findings and recommendations to the client and the PwC Partner
- Analysed company financial statements to interpret all financial information regarding results
- Analysed trends and provided insights into improving monthly budgets and cash flow forecasts.

The hardest part of the job was the administration of billing the hours worked each day.
I really enjoyed the fast pace environment of PwC and how we would rotate clients to get vast experience and knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours; Team and individual performance incentives; growth environment
Good working environment
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga17 November 2018
PwC is a good company to work for. Their manager and the rest of the staff promote good work ethics, putting themselves in each other's shoes. They also pay their employees very well.
Productive well advance environment
Forensic associate (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 October 2018
We have a successful, well educated and extremely talented team. We strive to work hard and deliver results. We have a diverse culture team. We work together and our management is supportive. We adapt to any situation and learn something new on each project.
4,0
its a great place to work at
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State18 October 2018
You can work flexible hours, you get necessary training and coaching.
Encouraged to always work hard.
You have to always be on par with your work, sometimes is hard to balance work with life.
Pros
Social Event
Cons
Flexible hours
Amazing Company
Manager – Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 October 2018
PwC is a well know brand as the leader in the Big 4 space.

I was fortunate to be headhunted by PwC to join an great and dynamic team. You learn something new every day.

The workplace is fun and energetic, you also get to experience and assist other companies. We strive by building trust in society and solving important problems.
3,0
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Finance manager (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, South Africa8 October 2018
As I have been with PWC for 21.5 years I have built up strong interpersonal relationships. In the finance department we have always had a lot of fun while managing to meet all deadlines and prior to the nationalising of the finance functions, the eastern cape finance department had an excellent reputation at national level.
Pros
Flexibility
Good company
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga28 September 2018
This is a company that prides itself by delivering work that is of the utmost quality to its clients and through this I have learned to go beyond client expectations,