PwC Employee Reviews

Found 222 reviews matching the search See all 6 311 reviews
Insightful, Fun environment and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng5 February 2019
Though it was only for a week,the vacation programme gave us much insight into the world of business and how certain things operate. It gave us a lot of responsibilities and opportunities to learn new skiils.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long presentations
Pwc
Forensics Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng30 January 2019
PwC is a place that high expectations in required and good quality of work need to be presented to the client. Attention to detail is strict and all report that is written undergoes review before sending it out and for that the needs of the client will be for fulled.
Pros
Claims
Learning environment
Article Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 January 2019
Great learning environment. Excellent audit exposure to the big industry players in respective fields. No real work life balance as an audit clerk however
1,0
Stressful workplace
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, 7600, ZA16 January 2019
PWC is a very stressful environment were employees are pushed to their limits.

I feel the employers had very little consideration for the workers.

It was very difficult to remain positive in the workplace.
Very relaxing environment
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa9 December 2018
Upgrading the hosted Exchange infrastructure was my priority when starting the job. There was a couple of infrastructure and outages that had to be stabilised first. Migrated from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013. We had about 150 customers and 7000 users at the time and had to make sure service interruption are as low as possible.

I learned new features in Exchange 2013 and how the roles has changed had some unexpected behaviour and we had to work through those.

Management again gave me the freedom to setup the infrastructure propose and implement improvements and necessary changes for stability and good health of the infrastructure. I had a really good relationship with the Director of the department who was also my manager.

Initially it was hard keeping services up and there was many companies affected during any outage. This was however resolved in the majority in the first month all the critical solutions and then over the next few month the rest to ensure all works well.

Deploying Exchange 2013 which was the latest version at the time and cutting edge. Getting more exposure to Skype for Business and integration with Exchange and Polycom Conference units.
Pros
Good compensation, lots of opportunities, education on quarterly release programs
Cons
I cannot think of any, the working environment and everything was professional and in a healthy balance
N/a
Tax consultant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape2 December 2018
Very professional and hectic environment. Always think on your feet and watch yourself out there.

There's alot of credible experience. Rewards and compensation not that good but yeah.
Fast pace environment
Financial Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng27 November 2018
Risk Management, Treasury and Internal Audit:
- Oversaw and analysed banks’ exposure to credit risk
- Ensured that the banks comply with regulations that govern credit risk
- Developed, reviewed and recommended risk management frameworks for policies and procedures within which management can operate
- Reviewed corporate treasury environments and their business processes
- Performed detailed walk-through procedures of transactions within treasury to verify that identified internal controls are operating efficiently
- Reported findings and recommendations to the client and the PwC Partner
- Analysed company financial statements to interpret all financial information regarding results
- Analysed trends and provided insights into improving monthly budgets and cash flow forecasts.

The hardest part of the job was the administration of billing the hours worked each day.
I really enjoyed the fast pace environment of PwC and how we would rotate clients to get vast experience and knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours; Team and individual performance incentives; growth environment
Good working environment
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga17 November 2018
PwC is a good company to work for. Their manager and the rest of the staff promote good work ethics, putting themselves in each other's shoes. They also pay their employees very well.
Productive well advance environment
Forensic associate (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 October 2018
We have a successful, well educated and extremely talented team. We strive to work hard and deliver results. We have a diverse culture team. We work together and our management is supportive. We adapt to any situation and learn something new on each project.
4,0
its a great place to work at
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State18 October 2018
You can work flexible hours, you get necessary training and coaching.
Encouraged to always work hard.
You have to always be on par with your work, sometimes is hard to balance work with life.
Pros
Social Event
Cons
Flexible hours

Want to know more about PwC?

Ask a question
Amazing Company
Manager – Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 October 2018
PwC is a well know brand as the leader in the Big 4 space.

I was fortunate to be headhunted by PwC to join an great and dynamic team. You learn something new every day.

The workplace is fun and energetic, you also get to experience and assist other companies. We strive by building trust in society and solving important problems.
3,0
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Finance manager (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, South Africa8 October 2018
As I have been with PWC for 21.5 years I have built up strong interpersonal relationships. In the finance department we have always had a lot of fun while managing to meet all deadlines and prior to the nationalising of the finance functions, the eastern cape finance department had an excellent reputation at national level.
Pros
Flexibility
Good company
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga28 September 2018
This is a company that prides itself by delivering work that is of the utmost quality to its clients and through this I have learned to go beyond client expectations,
3,0
Bookkeeping of small companies was good experience
Audit Clerk And Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 August 2018
I enjoyed working in the computer department, processing time sheets and then working in the bookkeeping department where we did the books for our small business clients. Once I was asked to do my articles because I was studying towards a B.Com, I was moved to the auditing side.

I did not enjoy this at all as there were many times when we had to just sit and do nothing when there was no audit work. I like to keep busy and got very bored. This is why I left this company
Pros
Scope
Cons
Not enough work
Learnt a lot
Accountant (Former Employee) –  South Africa22 August 2018
I completed my Chartered Accountancy articles at PwC and I would not be as good as I am today if I did not have my articles as a basis. PwC prepared me for all the challenges the private sector may face.
Overall a good experience
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 August 2018
I have learnt time management and people management skills.
Often you are in a growth environment where you have to learn as you go so it is very uncomfortable, there is always support from seniors and colleagues.

The nature of the job is high paced and often stressful but in hind sight it is worth it.
Pros
Support structure and growth opportunities
Cons
High pressure, stressful
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 August 2018
Productive. Worked in small department. Management was good, no room for growth. Time management extremely important. Salary is not that great if you are doing your internship.
Cons
no room for growth
1,0
Economy, social impact as well as overall politico system
Assistant Auditor and Printing Dept (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 July 2018
It was in 1994, the first democratic elections in SA. The mood was jovial and sombre (given the violence that preceded the elections as well as tight security). A never forgettable experience.
Pros
Social justice and participation
Cons
Woke up at about 02h00 every morning for the duration of the elections
Great Learning Environment
Systems Administrator (Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 July 2018
PwC is a great company to work for. Perfect work/life balance. A lot of opportunities to further your education. Awesome culture. Staff always willing to teach
Highpaced team environment
Associate, Assistant manager and Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 July 2018
The environment which I worked in was where multitasking, adaptability, flexibility and teamwork have been imperative.

Dependant on the day there would be elements of planning & budgeting, problem solving, managing of client expectations, review of previous work performed. Ensuring the project was executed and completed within the agreed upon timelines, with various milestones being met along the way.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment & collaboration with peers in order to work towards a common goal. Building relationships with various people from diverse backgrounds was a great perk & playing a part in keeping teams motivated and on track.