Rand Water

Rand Water Employee Reviews

3,0
Combination of productive and rewarding
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rietvlei Johannesburg28 November 2019
The company has a great team of workers and has a good legacy, however, issues of typical SOE appears to be the challenge that might erode the solid work laid by the previous leadership.
Wonderful employer
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng14 November 2019
It was great place to working for Rand Water the culture and perks are fantastic. The working hours were reasonable management was strict but fair blessed to have worked there.
Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng7 November 2019
Productive work team. Managers periodically engage with employees at floor meetings Hardest part was when successful investigations lead to the dismissal
Productive, pressure and stressful
Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng7 November 2019
A very productive company with hardworking individuals with the relevant experience and skills. Autocratic management style used by most managers who micro manage their reportees.
Excellent work place
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng30 October 2019
Dealing with members of the public requiring information or seeking meetings with management, Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the area.
4,0
All i can say i am a very good and vibrant person who is willing to learn more and be able to be guided where is importang
Process Controller - Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng23 October 2019
As Process Controller Assistant there is not much I am doing per rather than cleaning a big floor of filter house. Culture is good and I have learned to monitor the water purification system from obstruction to distribution.. Hardest with when the client troubleshooting and try to solve problem. I find joy when purifying the water that people use on daily basis.

As well as I acquire experience in Mechanical Engineering workshop to develop myself of what I want to achieve more as a professional engineering.
Pros
when you get a call out the buy you food
Cons
working long hours overtime and get little time to rest.
Productive working place
artisan assistant (Current Employee) –  Swartkoppies, Alberton2 October 2019
The company as whole is a good company. It's just I now have big family and I need more salary to support my family.
If I can get a better salary for my living needs, I can stay!!
5,0
Productive, effective and good working environment
Electrical Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng25 September 2019
I usually start my work at 08;00 am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first.
I have learnt to connect the Electrical panels and fault finding.
Very good management.
I mostly enjoy D.B and panel connection, and LV cable joint
Productive and fun workplace
Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glenvista, Gauteng24 September 2019
Management Good, Good Culture, Learning Experience Great, I loved my time at Rand Water. Had a good working relationship with all my co workers, management and suppliers
Productive and fun workplace
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glenvista, Gauteng6 September 2019
General Administration of projects, SAP reports and capturing of payments. Submission of approved payments.
Being a part of a team and the importance of working together with respect.
I have learned that processes and procedures must be in place and implemented.
There is still some room for improvement in regards to work culture as accountability and responsibility is of essence.
The hardest part is reaching deadlines as that depends on other colleagues input.
I enjoy working for Rand Water though I would love a change of environment as I have been here for 11 years, improved my skills and made friends.
Pros
Subsidised Medical Aid and Lunch.
Cons
Culture needs to change for the better.
3,0
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng30 August 2019
Being randwoter apprentice was challenging and somethings are unfair like not getting paid in time or not get paid at all.the stipend is too little makes it difficult for accommodation payment
Safety
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng27 August 2019
Doing Inspections
Great lessons learnt working as a team
management skills
Working under pressure and late hours
Doing the B11 shutdown it was such a great experience and a learning curve.
5,0
Secretary to Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 August 2019
I am currently selected to be a train the trainer consultant.On this path I am looking forward to give train in Business communications and Business Law.
Pros
Incentive bonuses
Cons
No growth
Productive and welcoming
Process scientist graduate (Current Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng15 August 2019
The culture of this department is great and my colleagues are amazing. i have absorbed so much and have learned how to be self disciplined. i have been granted opportunities to be part of different research projects which were successfully completed and given a privilege to write up proposals and reports.
Customer Focused and Fun to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg13 August 2019
Customer focused and attention to detail fun to work here. Which lets some one grow and encourages employees to upgrade their skills by providing bursaries to all employees.
Pros
Good Working environment
Cons
non
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga6 August 2019
I enjoyed working for rand water. A great company to work for and has the greatest employees who makes working simple because they prioritise teamwork.
Was good
Artisan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng5 August 2019
Allway give one step more in your job...
Work hard and dont want come backs in your job...
Be proud of what you do...
Learn as mutch as u can and try to go ahead...
Productive and learning
GROUP FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Glenvista, Gauteng17 July 2019
Our office was user friendly and staff greet each other and share breakfast.
What I have learned is to respect each other and be open to each other.
Management share their work with staff and give them an opportunity to explore to other job.
The workplace culture employers adopt other people culture although is difficult to other groups
The hardest part of the job is when supervisors dint want to coach and mentor graduates and inters lack of support from certain managers. Again is when the union dont want to sign the wsp/atr.
The most enjoyable part of the job us when I engaged with departmental managers to absorb learner to permanent positions
Pros
Subsidies lunch
Cons
Normal work time
Great team work spirit
Intern Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng15 July 2019
Great company. Salary very good in gereral. They invest in the excellence of employees, they make sure you’re well trained. The atmosphere is great, they have a lot of team building activities. However, there’s is limited career growth in the laboratories and the stuff is somewhat overworked because they never hire enough analysts for the work. Disadvantage about the micro lab is that it runs 7 days a week so you are bound to work weekends and holidays. When you’re an inservice trainee, do your best to find another job before your contract ends because there’s no job security for those that are on contract.
Pros
Competitive salary, fun themed activities
Cons
Lab runs 7 days, plenty of work, one analyst can analyze up to 400 Microbiology samples a day
Productive and advanced
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 July 2019
Hope to learn MoreTo position Rand Water as a partner of choice in Water and Sanitation provision. This will be enhanced by positioning and managing..