RCL Foods Employee Reviews

5,0
I'm a mixing operator for more than 14 yrsi start working there at 2004then I was employed in 2011.im working 5 days a week and overtime.
Mixing Operator (Former Employee) –  Molteno, Eastern Cape1 November 2019
I was a mixer at RCL foods since 2004 still now.and I learned a lot from there.i game a lot of experience.even our management give us the trainings for instance I have a supervisor certificate and first aid certificate.in the work place we don't have a problems cz we follow the instructions of the company and the policy.if they can check us and gave us the promotion cz we save the company so many yrs.
5,0
a good place to get fundamental skills
process monitor (Current Employee) –  Wolwehoek, Free State24 October 2019
i have learnt a lot on this place good work ethics, how to handle my self in a work place good hygiene practice self respect , honoring my word and punctuality.
Pros
open door policies with the managment
Cons
dishonesty
4,0
It is a nice working environment
YES Student-HR (Current Employee) –  Malelane, Mpumalanga22 October 2019
It is a good place to grow, since i did not do HR at university as a qualification but some of the modules that were part of it, that means i there was a lot things that i did not know but after being with the RCL FOODS for months now i have learnt alot.
5,0
Good company to work for but very difficult to grow in the company.
Credit controller (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview, Gauteng18 October 2019
Rcl foods is a good company to work for but the disadvantage is to grow in the company is very difficult and staff are stagnant in their position while the work load increases.
Pros
Security
Cons
Growth
3,0
wonderful place to work at
Electrical Technician /Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria West, Gauteng15 October 2019
Projects designs and implementations
breakdowns attendance
maintenance job cards
standby duties
planning and commissioning
pragma reporting
meetings
electricians assistance
Pros
more to learn and opportunity to grow
Cons
long distance
4,0
It a good industry to learn
Electrical Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Pongola, KwaZulu-Natal14 October 2019
It nice easy to learn jobs 👍 exposed to project for experience,safe environment teamwork, less accindent,fun sometimes, commitment, pressure (not always) but good for leaning
5,0
Good
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Malalane, Mpumalanga1 October 2019
Love the company amd ppl
Have been here now for 6years and was blessed to a promotion within my 3years at the company. Everyone is friendly and helpfull. Company cares about their staf.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Non
5,0
Been good to work with RCL foods team
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Hammarsdale, KwaZulu-Natal26 September 2019
Good communication skills
Person who like his job
Able to work shifts
Able to work under pressure
Ability to work independently and /or with team
Time management skills
Productive and fun workplace
New Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Spartan, Gauteng16 September 2019
They make a point to embrace all their employees, creating a family style work environment.

I enjoyed working for them thoroughly. The work is hard but it is rewarding.
Yes and no
machanical fitter (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal4 September 2019
High pressure not for fainted Heart not for lazy People , over time is always there nice place for start up you get to learn more about FMCG industry overall it's a good place to stay in
3,0
Ambitious with well defined values
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng23 August 2019
A company built on a variety of industries and home to many proudly South African Food brands. Good compensation for management level employees. Long way to go to realise desired value set but strides are being made.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management alignment
Organisational culture oppressive
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Gauteng14 August 2019
Head office work culture better off than other workplace divisions. Management style very oppressive and doesn't take views from their employees. The company doesn't really consider people as their assets.
Pros
I cant think of something postive right now.
Cons
Way behind in processes & procedures.
2,0
Working at RCL is such a very good exposure
YES employee (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury, Western Cape11 August 2019
Working at a breeding site is challenging yet amazing. Working with live animals makes me to have some sort of a connection with them. RCL foods is one of the biggest poultry company and coping there makes me to be proud of myself.
5,0
Growth, Development, Skills and also assist to further your studies. An excellent company to work for.
Quality Controller, Junior QAT and Process Leader (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal5 August 2019
My experience with RCL Foods had been a great journey and I have learnt so much, good communication skills, strong leadership, planning & organizing. Good typing skills, excellent Outlook knowledge, Excel & MS word. Function effectively in a team, Loyal, Honest and ability to work unsupervised. Administrative tasks & Report. Respond timorously to queries or requests. Responsible for 5 P’s & 5 S’s, Full knowledge on ISO 22000 , 9001 & 14000 and also went for some course to further my studies. Minimize labour cost. Drive quality on the lines, GHP’s & GMP’s. Maintain & monitor daily plan using SIC document. Participating on KFC KPI’s on daily basics. Under the non-conformance procedures and maintain non-conformance control on shift.
Vibrant and fun
Internal Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 August 2019
Good support from management. Systems relatively up to date. Great colleagues and also supportive. Vibrant and fun crowd always willing and able to assist.
Quality controller
• Ensure Compliance of GMP’s / HACCP guidelines and standards
• Ensuring Adherence to contractual ,regulatory and internal specification
• Participation in Product KPI Audits as and when required at plant
• Ensure Good Housekeeping standards in QC Monitoring stations/Lab
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours
Transporter
general worker (Former Employee) –  Hammarsdale, KwaZulu-Natal24 July 2019
Rcl is a good company and it have a good leardes as well as handling their employees problems amd taking care of them. They leasten to their employees
5,0
Food handling job need to be careful stay focus no blink eye to a passing product you make sure food safety first
Slaughter (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West6 July 2019
As a worker I hate process leaders who oppress the workers because of their position they forget about safety on product is very important. Workers who are victims of such oppression can spit on product can pack a product on a damaged pallet to avoid all kinds of this actions leaders and workers they must have a good communication skills and experience by handling each and every worker but ignoring them it will bring a destruction to our company
2,0
good
general worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 June 2019
farming..lookng after chickens.ive learned w\how chicken grow.management is good.the most enjoyable part about my job seing your chicken grows.when you scale then you found that you reach the high score
Pros
n/a
Cons
hours are good
Good working environment
Electrician Artisan (Former Employee) –  Pongola, KwaZulu-Natal13 June 2019
Overall good place to work with lots of benifits and a balanced time schedule for work and family. Great culture and team. Definitely a good company to be a part of
Pros
Friday work till 13h00
Cons
Start 6h00 on a Friday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RCL Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7