RCL Foods Employee Reviews

Good working environment which makes one to enjoy spending a day at work. I've learned to be self organised and to cope with pressure. Good relation w
Health and Safety coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng9 August 2018
Good working environment which makes one to enjoy spending a day at work.
I've learned to be self organised and to cope with pressure.
Good relation with supporting and delegating management.
Good workplace culture which is ethical and corporate.
Meeting deadlines and a lot of reports, investigations, followups, meetings.
Being supported by management to have others to cooperate and commit to legal compliance.
What I enjoy the most is that the job is never stagnant because I get to deal with different stake holders and other AIA bodies.
Pros
Team building, free meal
Cons
lot of interruptions and no bonus and fringe benefits
Mechanical Handyman (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal31 July 2018
It's a good company to work for and I've learned a lot. I work for RCL Foods(Rainbow chicken farms). I've learned how to farm with chickens and it made me gain more interest in animal farming.
Pros
Performance braai
Cons
Normal hours
Stiff environment
DEBTORS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Malalane, Mpumalanga11 June 2018
I did not have a chance to work very long for this company so my rating would not be appropriate. Management was not very good for me in the time I was there and I was not very happy
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Far from town
productivity and a safe working environment
shadowing operations manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape Berlin1 June 2018
I was doing my in-service training there, so what i was required to do was to job shadow certain people, in different departments according the topics i had to cover; and what i realised was that all the people that i was shadowing were very kind people. While i was there what I enjoyed the most was the production side. i cant really say much because as i have said before i was only doing my in service training.
Its a big company , its takes care of its employees
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban31 May 2018
Hi ,need a change in my life. Company that I can retire with, with benefits that can secure my retirement . I need a company with more benefits and more relaible and jhelp me to grow my career
Pros
100 bonus
Cons
Employee recognition for serving many years into tthe company, get an apprecttion for that interms of long seevice rewards
Good starting platform
Assistant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal1 May 2018
Good starting platform, great people and learned a lot.
Good learning environment for those straight out of college.
Good management and good teams to work with.
good challenges for a better change
Production line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North West, Rustenburg21 April 2018
I do handle pressure very well, nothing demotivates me because I choose to stay focused. I have learned to treat people with respect and lead them with integrity, I am seeing myself as a good manager. there is a room for development as well, to manage different people who thinks differently and motivates them to get together and work as a team. everyday I learn a new thing and that's make me a truly good leader.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
i am flexible and available to work long hours.
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resource Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 April 2018
RCL Foods is a great company to work for. Career advancement does need to be given more attention for their employees. The culture is great and the canteen has great food
Hatcherman (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal7 April 2018
This is a huge company with a good track record of quality products and especially in the chicken sector where I belong and I'm happy for the service that they gave me
Cons
8 hours a day
productive and fun place.
scale opperator (Current Employee) –  Sasolburg,Free State12 March 2018
Being always being punctual and bring peace at work place.Ensuring that everyone is happy with his/her job therefore it will always bring that confidence from people they will always want to do more.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
long hour
it is a big company
forkliftdriver (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 February 2018
In work is very good and funny because we respect each other and love to encourage each other about working smart and safe. I have learned that in work place is where we need to be focused and do the job according to company's rules. I also learned that every mistake or accident u come across u need to report same time. our management are very good people they know how employees must be treated in order to make a very good production. They tell us how to work and give us very quick instruction to do job faster than usual. The most hardest part is when it rains because, forklifts are slippery on the flow. the most enjoyable part is when we have got too much job to do because, when the job is not enough we spend too much time doing nothing I feel like time is not going.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
very long hours 6 to 6
Not that i know of any
Chicken hanger (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape21 February 2018
Since I've began working here I haven't been satisfied due to unequal treatment of employees and the salary for general workers is not equal.sometimes when workers complain about certain things which happen during work hours they get fired immediately.
Pros
Tea
Cons
9:45 minutes and weekends and holidays which are a must do
Great Company but lower Management Needs improvement
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape14 February 2018
Great Company, rcl foods has accomplish many milestones this past two years, including the Do More Foundation. im proud working for a company with a clear vision and the ability to help its environment. I think their top and middle manament are selected carefully but they have improve their lower management. theres alot of issues at the bottom which top management is not aware about. I think they are only inthat positions to get their paycheck, but they dont influence, motivate, guide employees and communicate effectively, theres alot more but i think of thats mostly important.
Pros
free transport for General Workers
heavy duties and working under pressure mostly, nice sometimes.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu Natal6 February 2018
Duties are a lot and the pay is too small. Merchandise is not for kids but I am managing perfectly. I work two stores a day and it's vey challenging but I'm copying.
great working environment
SHEQ Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West6 February 2018
learning new ways of doing some tasks ,management just fine,learned the process of producing chicken ,the do's and don's ,learned about chicken diseases ,it is still challenging being here ,still looking forward to learn more about chicken.
Pros
Cons
driving distance to and from work
Dynamic and high performance culture
Customer Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 January 2018
Fantastic company with great brands and an very dynamic management team. RCL Foods is currently in an aggressive growth phase and definitely looking at acquisitions to enhance their portfolio of brands
Maintenance department it gives service to production.
Handyman (Current Employee) –  Gauteng9 December 2017
It's a great years working for the out growing company I remember when I joined the company when I was a poultryman I saw the opportunity today I'm electrician.
Pros
Free vouches
Cons
Not working on weekends.
Great opportunities for young graduates
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal1 December 2017
The company offers a decent salary and encourages employees to do their best. There are a number of training available to employees. The compensation is also not bad.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Unnecessary pressure
Staff and work load
Quality monitor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape24 November 2017
Learn alot at a giving time. Alot of oppertunities, work load is reachable and staff is always supportive. I would work at RCL foods in the future again
Pros
Trustworthy
Cons
Temperature flaxuations
Very productive
machine operator,packer,mixer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng27 October 2017
At RCL FOOD if you are a hardworking person they will promote to the other levels and always give the caurage in all the good work you have done for the company
Pros
bring your own food
Cons
normal hours