RHINO AFRICA

RHINO AFRICA Employee Reviews

1,0
Horrible Environment and Salaries
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 January 2020
Extremely toxic work environment. Poor pay for new starters. Unless you're a favorite among the higher ups, you'll receive no acknowledgement. So don't expect a salary increase unless you fight for it.

Full of power plays, mismanagement and micromanagement.

Interns will suffer the most. Minimum pay for full time work and no growth.
1,0
Promise a lot, deliver on none of it.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 October 2019
I was offered a job at Rhino for a certain salary that I knew was below market related. I tried to negotiate it to be higher, however, to no avail. What was used as a tactic to make me forget about that. 90% off of travel in Africa, 20 days leave, Discounted meals at the Cafe and 6% Retirement Fund.

What I was not told:
- Travel in Africa with Rhino even discounted is still a minimum R3000 per night. Flights to go to Zambia were cheaper through BA than the work travel portal, which promises to be cheaper.
- The retirement fund is 3% from your salary and 3% from the company (which is fine, except it was sold as if it was 6% from the company)
- Meals at the cafe even discounted are still 3 times the price of just bringing my own food.

Nevermind a toxic work culture with a revovling door.
5,0
Rhino Africa
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 January 2018
I worked under a high amount of pressure and had to make good decisions quickly. I learnt how to multi task efficiently, manage guests needs and expectations without fail and work happily and productively in a supportive and open planned work environment. The hardest part of my job was managing many different and complicated itineraries at the same time, but the reward of having happy guests and exceeding expectations, made the difficult moments worth it.
5,0
Energetic, young team looking for innovation
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town8 May 2017
I was brought onto Rhino Africa as a systems analyst to work in their startup within the company, a new systems for B2B and internal use. I started a product team, defined processes, worked on innovative specifications and created proper feedback cycles. I also worked as a product manager, strategically defining changes to the system. I was given a separate project working directly for the CEO analyzing every company department, mapping department and creating solutions for making processes efficient through the use of new systems
Pros
Company Chef, pension fund, wellness weeks, company weekend aways, 20 days leave
4,0
Good for those who are commission driven
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 May 2017
Your day starts with working through your inbox and responding to client from the day before. you receive anything from 1 - 9 enquiries that need to be responded to and quoted.

I have learnt a lot about how to deal with clients, the easy going ones and the difficult ones, as well as information on different destinations within Africa

The hardest part of the job is to keep up to date with new enquiries that come in and continuous ongoing interaction with clients whilst keeping your admin up to date.

The most enjoyable is working with a team that has huge amounts of knowledge and working in a great atmosphere.