ROAD ACCIDENT FUND Employee Reviews

Operational Review
Payment Assistant (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape2 May 2019
Road Accident Fund is still a growing State Owned Enterprise, the reason why I am saying it is still growing is the fact that it is still on its baby steps. There is a lot of growing to be done, in terms of one 's growth as an employee of RAF, community wise (a lot of work to be done to serve the community and citizens of this country and building it self to be better. I've learned a lot as a person from RAF, I've learned how to put other peoples needs as a priority and have Ubuntu and being pride in what I do and always to be solution focussed. The hardest part of the job is when we have to visit communities and having Road shows where we get to meet our claimants ( the injured) its not always easy to listen to what difficulty the motor accidents have changed their lives to the worst. How their lives have been changed for good because they can never function the same for as long as they live. The most enjoyable part on this job is when we pay our claimant who have been waiting for their claims and deliver wheelchairs and medication that at least relieves the frustration.
1,0
Unfair!
Legal internship (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 April 2019
Full of bribes! And if you don't take the bribe you are threatened! The people that work there don't like youth development! The only way to get a job here is if you know someone who works here and they can help get you in!
Pros
Cons
Unfair
Charater building
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  cape town6 February 2019
Great place to work.
Amazing work culture, positive working environment.
Feels like you make a difference in peoples lives.
Admin procedures could be improved.
2,0
Productive and working underpressure
Claims Officer (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape21 November 2018
Thorough knowledge of the claims operating system.
Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
Proactive team player.
Time and Office Management Which includes maintaining a constant workflow on all matters.
Administration skills which includes telephonic enquiries, emails, post and responding within a 3 day time frame
Advance knowledge of Motor Vehicle Accident legislation.
Drafting and understanding undertaking procedures.
Knowledge of all legislation which pertains to the RAF procedures such RAF Act and all amendments, Contingency Fees Act, PAIA, Assessment of damages Act, PFMA.
Pros
Half day off and perfomance bonuses
Cons
Working under extreme pressure
24 hour Caregiver
CAREGIVER FOR PARALYSED C4 PATIENT (Former Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape13 November 2018
Responsibilities include:

Following Care protocol for C4 spinal injury patient.
Conducting all financial transactions and communicating with RAF and lawyers on behalf of the patient.
Total medical care.
Total cleaning and feeding.
Preparation of meals.

Arranging clinic and hospital visits
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
long hours, Massive reposibility
Overall culture
Legal intern (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 November 2018
The Road accident fund deals with compensating people who have been affected by motor vehicle accidents.
Well organized organisation
High volumes of work that demand one to go an extra mile e.g working over time.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
High volumes of work due to shortage of staff
Productive and surerity
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria24 May 2018
my work is challenging and interesting and there are a lot of opportunities to be innovative. I learned that being productive will help you to be effective and efficient by producing good quality work. my organization is generally a secure company to work for. meeting deadlines especially at the year of the financial year is most challenging because you have to produce more work in a small space of time. I enjoy my job because I have a good working relationship with my manager.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
workload
3,0
Friendly staff and great work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 May 2018
As an intern, I was hungry for knowledge and I got an opportunity to learn as much as I could. Management and staff in general we’re very nice people and always ready to help. I also got an opportunity to play in the Netball team which was really exciting. I also got to travel and attended Road Shows!
Pros
Traveling and Sports
Cons
They don’t necessarily hire interns after the Internship
3,0
productive but too much red tape, low professionalism
Legal Officer- Warrants of Executions (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 May 2018
too much red tape in decision making, lacks culture of professionalism. there is a need for a stronger corporate governance from the top down. more power needs to be given to employees for decision making.
Pros
staff appreciation
Cons
lack of professionalism
Conducive and good workplace
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 May 2018
RAF is a good place to work at, employees are treated equally let alone having equal job opportunities. The RAF also adhere to its policies and regulations.
Pros
Equal opportunity
Cons
Good workplace
Productive, Great culture
Brand and Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion4 April 2018
The organisation is employee centric as they practice work-life balance. There are programs in place to retain talent within the institution. Personally, I am thrilled that they offer bursaries to the employees
Pros
Flexy time
Cons
Policies change all the time - no constistency
fun to work at
DETERMINATION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg4 April 2018
I am learning a lot, I have learnt to put people first that its not about me but the claimant. to start the file till finishing line gives me a pleasure that I have changed someone's life.
Pros
emplyee wellness
Cons
pressure and long hours towards financial year end
clark do all the admin
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gauteng11 December 2017
Help with admin when a case came from the attorneys you must open files and ask all the necessary questions before the file can go to the senior and then you must wait for the file to came back for all the references
Pros
it was quite job in your one office
Cons
was in the city and a very busy street
Good Learning Environment
Manager: Webmaster (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng15 November 2017
It was a good company to learn and gain experience. People who work there have a good work ethic. They are always willing to assist where they can. it was a great place to kick off my career.
Admin clark
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng12 October 2017
Work with attorneys
Do all the admin
And send all the request to the senior off that department
Then the file will come back for the last preparations
Productive and beneficial
CLAIMS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Menlyn Park, Gauteng31 August 2017
We provide cover for road accident victims who sustained injuries in an accident.We try our best to make the turn around time quick so that the victim is not put in too much of inconvenience when involved in an accident.we try our best to achieve our vision in giving aid to those who are inconvenience d by an accident.We offer a world class settlement system that is on par with the rest of the world.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Overwhelming deadlines
Good South African Government Parastatal to work for
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Centurion South Africa20 June 2017
At the Road Accident Fund, the focus is on meeting determined deadlines. Work is performed in accordance with Government Regulations, Road Accident Fund Policies and Standard Operating Procedures. The Road Accident Fund is a good company to work for. Although it is hard work, payment of a 14th cheque every year is something to look forward to.
Pros
14th Cheque
4,0
High paced results driven organisation
GM Strategy and Stakeholder Management (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng2 June 2017
Highly demanding but comes with great rewards. able explore your innovation and express your initiatives.

the hardest part is the frequent travelling and long hours but the most enjoyable is reaping the rewards of a satisfied claimant who gets their settlements for an accident
Pros
one of the well paying and stable public sector entities
Workload more than salary
JUNIOR LITIGATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  PRETORIA23 May 2017
Raf is a good place to work for,except that the is no promotion policy,work is more than the staff capacity it is imbalance,future is not secure since there will be change on operation
Pros
Cons
Too much workload less salary
5,0
family environment is created, management involved in development
Senior Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga5 May 2017
for a struggling institution, the management manages to keep the morale high.
a team of well intended individuals working hard inspite of the challenges.
Pros
Personal developmenr
Cons
work load imbalances