ROAD ACCIDENT FUND Employee Reviews

1,0
stressfull and depresive
litigatgion Officer (Current Employee) –  Menlyn Park, Gauteng15 November 2019
very stressful, no stability, no precedent, things change every day, any moment. there is no work culture, management makes it hard to love your job.
I have learnt to be resilient
Pros
Cons
too much unnecesary admin work
Favouritism, victimisation
Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State14 November 2019
I saw victimisation, harrassment, unfair treatment, unreasonable targets, employee relations is there for management only - they never protect employees against victimisation, no consistency, policies applies to others not the rest of the office, unhealthy working environment, doing the same job with other branches but paid less than them, lack of management skills,
Productive and team work
Admim Assistant Learnership (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 November 2019
It's nice working there, working as teams but you also work alone. You able to ask if there's something you don't understand from your teammates. You must be always prioritizing your urgent deadlines.
Great place to work at
Maintenance Officer (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng6 November 2019
Work hard and love your job, I really enjoyed working there it was nice and I learned a lot and I would love to work there again,i would recommend it to anyone who wants to work there to go for it
Interactive, Collaborative and Purposeful
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 October 2019
At RAF, I served a purpose driven responsibility whereby I played a key role in rehabilitating and integrating those injured because of road accident.
Productive experience
Claims Handlers (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 October 2019
Was a contract worker. Good experience work wise. People are very helpful and assistance. It was great working there, but cause it was contracted, do it ended.
Pros
Good work experience
5,0
Im so happy to do raf admin
Administrative Assistant (DIRECT CLAIMS) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 October 2019
Its the best company to work for. Its has the very clear mandate. All the information is clear on all the prossecess of the claim. And best communication is clear
My current job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 October 2019
My current job is that which one needs to motivate themselves and be self reliant. No support from anyone and have to always fight for your worth in terms of perfirmance bonuses or any other reward
Productive and Enjoyable work environment
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng17 October 2019
The RAF is a state owned entity, and provides insurance services to South African citizens (See their web page). The company is characterized as employing highly qualified individuals, mentoring and professional coaching and lastly also promote active employees through sporting activities.
3,0
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal13 September 2019
Working for the company has taught me a lot about people and their behaviour. I have had the opportunity to work with people who are wheelchair bound and that has taught me to be patient with them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Deal with moody employer
Great experience overall.
Junior Merits Officer (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng28 July 2019
Great exposure to a high pressure working environment. I absolutely enjoyed it and have grown both professionally and personally from this. This could be a career builder. Permanent employees have opportunities to further their studies. I wish I could have stayed longer and in a permanent position.
3,0
Good environment, at the patient own house.
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 July 2019
This patient had a car accident and became a paraplegic . He hired me as a caregiver and I am payed by the road accident fund which manages his insurance money. The Road Accident Fund is a government company.
Pros
Friendly patient.
Cons
No fixed date for pay.
4,0
great work ethic, best company to work for
Personal Assistant to Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Pretoria24 June 2019
Great management and executive team. promotes career growth for individuals. Good perks and benefits. great work culture. promotes employee wellness and a balanced work for employees. focuses on employee growth and career advancements.
5,0
the culture and invironment is good lot of fun and you learn more
Finance officer (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng7 June 2019
when you work you must be dedicated to your work and the team are willing to assist. The management is always there to assist and they play pivotal role in the team.
Pros
normal lunch time
Cons
no long hours
Productive workplace
We had to make sure that the Service level of agreement with the assigned contractors is met within a reasonable time, Management skills were always exercised as I had to make calculated decisions while working with the team. Although sometimes it was difficult, it, however, strengthened my management skills. The goal was to satisfy the client that we see daily and treat them fairly and to the best of our abilities
Pros
Learning
Cons
Long hours and sometimes no breaks
Operational Review
Payment Assistant (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape2 May 2019
Road Accident Fund is still a growing State Owned Enterprise, the reason why I am saying it is still growing is the fact that it is still on its baby steps. There is a lot of growing to be done, in terms of one 's growth as an employee of RAF, community wise (a lot of work to be done to serve the community and citizens of this country and building it self to be better. I've learned a lot as a person from RAF, I've learned how to put other peoples needs as a priority and have Ubuntu and being pride in what I do and always to be solution focussed. The hardest part of the job is when we have to visit communities and having Road shows where we get to meet our claimants ( the injured) its not always easy to listen to what difficulty the motor accidents have changed their lives to the worst. How their lives have been changed for good because they can never function the same for as long as they live. The most enjoyable part on this job is when we pay our claimant who have been waiting for their claims and deliver wheelchairs and medication that at least relieves the frustration.
1,0
Unfair!
Legal internship (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 April 2019
Full of bribes! And if you don't take the bribe you are threatened! The people that work there don't like youth development! The only way to get a job here is if you know someone who works here and they can help get you in!
Pros
Cons
Unfair
Fun work place
Regional Accountant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape13 March 2019
To many responsibilities beyond the line of duty.
too much preasure from the external stake holders.
all made me who i am today and taught me positive work ethics
Pros
na
Cons
na
Charater building
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  cape town6 February 2019
Great place to work.
Amazing work culture, positive working environment.
Feels like you make a difference in peoples lives.
Admin procedures could be improved.
2,0
Work conducive and fun working place
Archive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 January 2019
Time management
Skilful people
Professional staff
Conducive quality work
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Flexible hours