ROAD ACCIDENT FUND Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Claims assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lodon Easten Cape17 May 2018
A day was busy and learned to manage time effectively, the management was efficient and culture was friendly the workload was stressful but fulfilling
Pros
team building
Friendly staff and great work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 May 2018
As an intern, I was hungry for knowledge and I got an opportunity to learn as much as I could. Management and staff in general we’re very nice people and always ready to help. I also got an opportunity to play in the Netball team which was really exciting. I also got to travel and attended Road Shows!
Pros
Traveling and Sports
Cons
They don’t necessarily hire interns after the Internship
productive but too much red tape, low professionalism
Legal Officer- Warrants of Executions (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 May 2018
too much red tape in decision making, lacks culture of professionalism. there is a need for a stronger corporate governance from the top down. more power needs to be given to employees for decision making.
Pros
staff appreciation
Cons
lack of professionalism
Conducive and good workplace
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 May 2018
RAF is a good place to work at, employees are treated equally let alone having equal job opportunities. The RAF also adhere to its policies and regulations.
Pros
Equal opportunity
Cons
Good workplace
Productive, Great culture
Brand and Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion4 April 2018
The organisation is employee centric as they practice work-life balance. There are programs in place to retain talent within the institution. Personally, I am thrilled that they offer bursaries to the employees
Pros
Flexy time
Cons
Policies change all the time - no constistency
fun to work at
DETERMINATION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg4 April 2018
I am learning a lot, I have learnt to put people first that its not about me but the claimant. to start the file till finishing line gives me a pleasure that I have changed someone's life.
Pros
emplyee wellness
Cons
pressure and long hours towards financial year end
clark do all the admin
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gauteng11 December 2017
Help with admin when a case came from the attorneys you must open files and ask all the necessary questions before the file can go to the senior and then you must wait for the file to came back for all the references
Pros
it was quite job in your one office
Cons
was in the city and a very busy street
Good Learning Environment
Manager: Webmaster (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng15 November 2017
It was a good company to learn and gain experience. People who work there have a good work ethic. They are always willing to assist where they can. it was a great place to kick off my career.
Admin clark
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng12 October 2017
Work with attorneys
Do all the admin
And send all the request to the senior off that department
Then the file will come back for the last preparations
Productive and beneficial
CLAIMS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Menlyn Park, Gauteng31 August 2017
We provide cover for road accident victims who sustained injuries in an accident.We try our best to make the turn around time quick so that the victim is not put in too much of inconvenience when involved in an accident.we try our best to achieve our vision in giving aid to those who are inconvenience d by an accident.We offer a world class settlement system that is on par with the rest of the world.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Overwhelming deadlines
Good South African Government Parastatal to work for
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Centurion South Africa20 June 2017
At the Road Accident Fund, the focus is on meeting determined deadlines. Work is performed in accordance with Government Regulations, Road Accident Fund Policies and Standard Operating Procedures. The Road Accident Fund is a good company to work for. Although it is hard work, payment of a 14th cheque every year is something to look forward to.
Pros
14th Cheque
High paced results driven organisation
GM Strategy and Stakeholder Management (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng2 June 2017
Highly demanding but comes with great rewards. able explore your innovation and express your initiatives.

the hardest part is the frequent travelling and long hours but the most enjoyable is reaping the rewards of a satisfied claimant who gets their settlements for an accident
Pros
one of the well paying and stable public sector entities
Workload more than salary
JUNIOR LITIGATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  PRETORIA23 May 2017
Raf is a good place to work for,except that the is no promotion policy,work is more than the staff capacity it is imbalance,future is not secure since there will be change on operation
Pros
Cons
Too much workload less salary
family environment is created, management involved in development
Senior Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga5 May 2017
for a struggling institution, the management manages to keep the morale high.
a team of well intended individuals working hard inspite of the challenges.
Pros
Personal developmenr
Cons
work load imbalances
Productive and fun environment
Merits Offucer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town26 April 2017
Road Accident Fund is good environment where most of the skills are achievable. My role is to ensure that accident victims get the necessary guidance and support on how to lodge claims; receive appropriate compensation as well as optimal rehabilitation.
data capturer
Database (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 March 2017
room to grow
freedom of expression
fun atmosphere
home and friendly vibe
goal orientated,
productivity environment
creative culture and business solutions
Pros
no benefits
Cons
straight office
Exciting and Productive
Payroll Offier (Current Employee) –  Gauteng13 March 2017
All what I expect on a day to day basis moreover the challenges that is in the job position currently hold. The culture of togetherness and Ubuntu exist widely.
most enjoyable is the team I which is stimulating and great to work with moreover our manager.
Pros
Good workign environment
Cons
very challenging you need to be posetive
productive in a changing environment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Centurion10 March 2017
as a senior project manager, the day-to-day at work is never constant and varies compared to the day-to-day of clerical functions.

Management is based on the smart principles and the working culture of the organisation is concise to the value and mission of the organisation.

the hardest part of my job is to continuously remind people to adhere to the approved corporate governance regulation, especially when attempting to procure services or goods.

subsequent to the hardest part of the job, the conclusion and sense of achieving a consensus after lengthy meeting showing the need and advantage of complying with governances rules. the impact of saving the organisation from fruitless expenditure and highlighting the benefit of compliance.
Pros
working in a team environment and having the ability to select a winning team to work in a project
Cons
The embedment of approved process.
Pleasant enviroment
Admin Assistant & Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 March 2017
As this was my first full time job after finishing my schooling everything was new and exciting. I was on a fixed contract but ended up working there for 4 years(on & off).
Working at the RAF also cemented part of my work ethic and discipline I have today and also exposed me to a variety of different opportunities, personalities and work related situations/problems.
Pros
the company looks after their staff
Cons
contract position
Excellent company to work for
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 February 2017
The Road Accident Fund is one of the most amazing companies to work for.

Besides paying good salaries, there's sports and an EWS offices for staff. There's also an ethics office which is private and confidential.

The staff get along very well with each other, but the RAF has to deal with a lot of fraud, both internally and externally.

I love working for the Fund, but I just wish that they could get their demographics up to date. They're very unfair in that sense.

All in all, an excellent company to work for, if you get in.
Pros
Bonus, 13th cheque and good salaries
Cons
Cbd