RTT Employee Reviews

Productive but straining.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng20 May 2019
It is a reputable company which is divided into departments, but still dealing with logistics.
All vehicles are monitored 24/7, which shows how secure goods they are monitored every day.
Pros
Stuff buses are provided and leaves are approved quickly.
Cons
We had to eat our lunch in the locker room, near toilets, we worked long hours, we had only one break time which was only 30 minutes long.
4,0
Good company and very productive
Truck assistant (Former Employee) –  Ekurhuleni, Gauteng4 October 2018
It was nice working with them for a year and I would go back if given a chance. The only thing that I didn't like about it is that I worked more hours.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Lunch
3,0
new ideas, image and more skills.
General Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng20 May 2018
The comparably is good but management is not in proper and yes for a start it's a good starting company 1st level to start with. I still don't mind working for it for more than the period of time but then i need to give myself a new view and see more. i am looking for something fun, elevating and exploring.
rtt
control room operator (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng7 February 2018
Rtt is a nice job but i have been working weeks non stop (without overtime or a day off)and it is 12 hours shifts where we usually work 3 day 3 night 3 off but since we lost a employee they did not make a effort of hiring somebody new due to cut costs.i will work 12 hour shifts as long as i can have a few days to myself
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours without overtime or a day off
Good company
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 January 2018
Good company, part of a good group, that has a lot of support companies supporting it. Nice people, with a good service. Overall a good company with a good service.
Work hard play hard
Anti Hi-Jack team member (Current Employee) –  South Africa19 December 2017
Work with an amazing team. Hi-risk constant stressful situations responding to any type of emergency situation from Hi-Jacking to motor vehicle accidents.
Pros
Drive fast cars
Cons
Little private time off
it was fun
driver and assistent (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape12 September 2017
they should learn to comunicate with there workers before taking disicions.there trucks they should not be labeld because the is danger in some areas.
Pros
you can take lunch when you want
Cons
long hours yes
Super good
Driver skills Programme (Assistant Driver) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, East26 July 2017
It was my first time working in the warehouse. I have enjoyed it fun. Learning daily. Team was big. Creativity was always at play. Doing different activities.
Pros
Free clinic
productive and hard working
packer (Former Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng16 July 2017
The job was very challenging sometimes but as we work as one team we manage to balance it and make it easy for everyone.and i have learned more at RTT
Loyal and fair
Shunter (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 June 2017
Pleasure working for the company, Strong leadership with an open attitude towards suggestions regarding improving work rate and accuracy . Had the opportunity to work with a variety of different truck trailers
5,0
Heavy duty and fun work place.
Loadmaster (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng5 June 2017
I do a lot of walking in 12 hours shifts its not a game. I work in the transport industry doing deliveries by big client and shops. I this line of work you must have attention to detail and handel with care. We have specifications as to what to load when and were.
Pros
Lunch time "1hours"
3,0
A lot of experience received
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 May 2017
They have moved me into a lot of different positions and I have received a lot of experience in the logistics industry. Handling 12 branches at once to planning drivers trips and printing of trip sheets. Handling walk in customers.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Very long hours
1,0
driver code 8 (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 April 2017
didnt get the chance too get permanent at this compony, never had knock off time lots of driving for little money working late at this compony and u must get your own transport home
productive
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo7 March 2017
Monday's
Management is very good
We work with different kind of people
Paper work is hard sometimes especially on the POD.I have to make sure everything is scanned
I enjoy with people with happy people
fun and work place
scanning clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng6 February 2017
Here at RTT it is fun to work and the people would go out of they way to teach you something new, they help you to move up in life, very hard working and reliable people here. The money is just not enough
Pros
own lunch
Fast paced
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng8 January 2017
Internal controls well within standard however depending on number and various sub contractors for all other provinces and export distribution. Financial benefits are controlled within budget. All restrictions on expenses are well managed within financial guidelines.
Cons
Traveling distance to and from work
productive and fun workplace
checker (Former Employee) –  gauteng east rand5 January 2017
every day was the best.all of the warehouse work i know i learned it from them.best management ever and best co workers ever.i have never notice a hard part of the job.i enjoyed it because i was doing any kind of the job.
Pros
team building
Cons
challenging
Administration Department
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 November 2016
Filling ,Telephonic queries with customers,stock takes
Filling is very impontant for queries
I reported straight to my mananger daily
This is a male dominated type of work ,as long as you respect them they will teach you work
When it was year end audits trial this was a beat hard
When we worked Saturday it was very nice
Pros
Sartuday Free Lunch
Cons
Long hours every last week of the year
Go to new places
Van Assistant (Former Employee) –  WESTERN CAPE7 November 2016
Start at 6:00 am ,morning meeting. Get the trucks loaded print the waybills proof of delivery invoices. Collect collection waybills from collection team. Hardest part of the day was making sure we get to all the merchandise too its correct client at the correct time. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No permanent
manufacturing
assistant driver (Former Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng9 October 2016
I was working in dispatch, I've learned how to treat customers i know their language,how to make stocktaking and to receive items also to record every product in our side.the management including the owners where not treating employers in a respected way they used to force use to work on unsafe place without PPE. During January they retrench people and only less people will do the work for those who retrenched and working till night all the time we had no time to rest.working in dispatch was very nice and safe not dangerous .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
enough time