rustenburg local municipality

rustenburg local municipality Employee Reviews

Highly political environment
The environment is highly political which in many ways affects the culture of work, motivation and professional development. The environment is thus emotionally draining and extremely stressful.

To succeed one needs to emotionally intelligent and politically survey.
Pros
Generous medical and pension benefits
Cons
Stressful and extremely political
5,0
The better employer of choice, have learned a lot in terms of Governance and Project Management. The political situation a bit harsh at times but controllled at the same time.The difficult part was the dependencies from others
5,0
hard working and fun to be around
help a client and that client works out being help. I have learned to understand people. time is important, working with everybody as a team. not being able to help a client. seeing a client happy
Learning Field
Rustenburg Local Municipality is a great place to learn more about your work ethics. It teachers you political and administrative power balance and the role that officials play in a turbulent environment.,
Pros
Opportunity to learn
productive
The project that am currently managing are excellent in terms of my professional and personal growth. I have learned so much in the past 5 years that i have been. Previously we would receive training and courses where we require it. The work place culture has drastically changed where i feel that my work is no longer challenging as before and remaining here would lower my moral of working.
Cons
excessive work load
Fun and productive
Working for this intitution was a good experiment, i learned to work with different people with different cultures and languages,i learned team work spirit and mostly handling working with different people.
Pros
People are more friendly
Cons
Long hours not being remunerated for.
3,0
I am a leader who is capable of leading in any industry
I spend most of my time at work making decisions that have future implications for the organisation.

Since joining the organisation I have learned more on multi-tasking resolving challenges while implementing creative ideas at the same time.

I am a chaotic leader who allows the subordinates to unleash their highest level of creativity.

Balancing between the organisational realities and being politically correct is the hardest task that I am often faced with.

I enjoy presenting future organisational plans and strategies such as Medium Term financial forecasts is something that I enjoy the most.
Pros
Being on the driving seat of the organisation
Cons
Managing politics
same routine
The Job was good in terms of the whole concept behind it. We were keeping our environment clean. We'd get to work, sign the attendance register and await to be assigned to a group for the shift. we were given cleaning material and loaded on transport to our designated areas. We were not in direct contact with management, we had supervisors who would check on us and also collect us from our spots when we done for the day. Rainy days were the most difficult ones because we couldn't clean up and it meant extra work on the next day.
Pros
short hours, Free Environmental Courses, shifts
Cons
late nights
productive and encouraging
I was placed as an intern at the Rustenburg local municipality under fleet management.The working field was very interesting and i learnt a lot of Transport and logistics procedures and handling,it was beneficial as i am still completing my level 4,it came as practical field training.
Pros
free transport
4,0
Not a bad environment at all, but a lot can be done to improve efficiency. A lot of time is spent on time offs, and union activities. The positive side is educational benefits.
Pros
Study assistance
Cons
Too much political interference
Informative
I enjoy my job sector. On daily basis I interact with different users. I am able to manage my work environment despite the working conditions. It is hard to work when you do not have all the necessary electronical machines while you must supply users with information. The outside yard is very dirty no fence always goats and cows are seen walking in the vicinity of the building. The issue of security is of concern
Inspection and training
The workplace was acceptable. A typical day at work would include fire safety inspections and presenting lectures, with moderation and evaluation at other institutions in RSA.
I learned to teach in English from zero ability to master.

I also learned many other skills and techniques, working with people, etc

I was very one of a kind, not doing operational, and working without supervision.

Nothing was really hard.

Most enjoyable was working with people, calming aggressive business owners, and fun with evaluation and moderation.
Pros
Flexibility, working with people, training fire-fighters
Cons
Failing candidates found not yet competent.
5,0
Its a good place were someone would like to work over there
Rustenburg local municipality is good but the problem is the people who are handle higher positions in tht municipality and also politician tht are not gud
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Were working from 7:30 till 16;00
1,0
Not good at all
it's not for the faint hearted perhaps one should consider working there if they are self centered and ready to go on pension. No direction at all. But learned a few things nevertheless
enjoyable workplace
the hardest though not impossible part of my Job is having to do 5 duties at once. but the most enjoyable is seeing that I can actually multi task. fill all sorts of post without having to go on training before.
3,0
Great team of colleague's and educational environment
I love my job though i would love to grow and develop myself.I am a team player,as a supervisor i don't just instruct on what needs to be done but i lead hands on that is.I don't make excuses but introduces solutions where there's a challenge.
Pros
As a Christian, i believe in sharing.A hand that give is the blessed one.
Cons
I am prepared to work shifts, even long hours.I believe in going an extra mile for excellence.
fun at workplace
The working environment could improve if all the workers would stop galavanting and work for their money..besides that the workplacea are fun and ive learned a lot about takong care of villages and towns equally.
Pros
good salary and bonuses
Cons
Short hours
Productive workplace
assessing efficiency of systems,have learnt organising and working both creatively and systematic, Finding new solution was the most enjoyable part of my job, Hardest part of the job was to have little budget to accomplish greater results. supportive co workers.
Pros
very good colleagues to work with
Cons
No study Aid for officials at my level
stressing
its dangers job to spy n get information as you put your life at risk while you dont have all the resources, the job is demanding sometimes working long hours and dont get paid
Pros
sometimes
Cons
flexi hours
Accountability and Growth
The EIA section is the busiest. EIA application are received almost on a daily basis. Mines and mega industries are the common applicants and the documents submitted are usually huge in size, thus one has to read a lot. The potential for growth in the unit is great, especially for students. The disciplines offered in the unit are closely related thus one does not focus on one field but does the work where extra hands are needed. students perform the same duties as permanent stuff and are mentored by the entire staff members. this maximise their growth
3,0
Good learning environment,client orientated environment
My typical day at work includes attending to clients,who inquire about their billed accounts.Responding to correspondence queries and attending to reports from meter readers to ensure that meters are billed correctly and accurately.Attending to over variance and under variances of the meter readings.Report damaged meters and meters that needs to be re-read and /or fixed.
I have learned that clients are very sensitive especially in situations where money is involved,and therefore needs to be respected and treated with confidentiality.That financial work must be carried out with due diligence and accuracy.

That everyone must do their bit in order to run a financially successful institution,so we must support each other as the staff.The hardest part of my job is in instances whereby a client has encountered a high bill as a result of their carelessness and they still expect you to sympathize with them,and even expect you to do things to help them of which it is impossible.

The most enjoyable part will be a challenge on a query especially a very clued up client.I enjoy finance challenges and get satisfaction from solving such cases.
Pros
Working hours-Monday to Friday unless incases of emergencies
Cons
Its not easy to measure success of aims