SAS Institute Employee Reviews

3,0
Productive and non-cultural
ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houghton Estate, Gauteng20 December 2017
Nice company to work for and working hours are flexible. Culture is layed back. You must be dedicated and driven in oder to meet deadlines. Great management
3,0
Education Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gauteng15 August 2016
I learned a lot with this company however if Management doesn't like you they will do anything in their power to either make you resign or they have their ways to work you out! Other than some Managers it is a great place to work for with lots of perks!
Pros
Free cooldrinks and massages
Cons
Too much focused on BBEEE instead of the people who has the skills
5,0
SAS is a very nice Company
Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 May 2016
SAS Institute is a very nice company everyone there is very friendly and approachable and they are always willing to help whenever help is needed.
Pros
Free training for all the SAS softwares
Cons
After they train graduate they do not hire them permanent
2,0
Very political and revenue focused
Snr Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 May 2016
I have learned a lot about business, marketing, organizational strategy at SAS. I enjoyed most of my time there and really enjoyed the challenges on the job.

A typical day for me consisted of preparation for client meetings and presentations or demos to customers.

I really enjoy working with the customers and building relationships with them.

The hardest part of the job was the extensive traveling required and being away from my family for many days in the month.

It used to be a very nice company to work for but it has become very political in nature. The main focus has shifted to generating revenue and relationships with staff or work/life balance are no longer a priority.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Extended travel and long work hours
My NPO experience
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP24 March 2014
My typical day was laid back such that I had to give myself work to do. When I discoverd that Social Development had pulled out subsidies for the North West Child welfare member organization I took it upon myself to make sure that the outstanding financial statements were done and submitted. I was glad when my financial statements were audited and approved and government funding started coming in
Pros
I had the chance to learn Acounting the South African way
5,0
Very exciting and challenging place to work
SAS Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houghton Estate, GP21 December 2013
I worked with different clients, empowering many Analysts that grace the large banks, and travelling to to clients and other places, and outside of the country.
I learned a lot of SAS products
I had the opportunity to work with a lot of smart people.
I traveled to Nairobi to set conduct training to a group of analysts, and this included sourcing out a supplier for computers, in a foreign country.
I am very passionate about Statistics, I enjoyed sharing my knowledge with different people and empower them.
Pros
Free beverages, subsidized health insurance
Cons
Well I think the money