SA Metal Group Employee Reviews

5,0
Good
driver code 14 (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng3 October 2019
Good. I have enjoyed working at SA Metal in Cape Town and have learnt many things that are still helpfull now. Management is good and the salary, sick leave and leave days.
5,0
I enjoy working with people
general worker;SECURITY (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 September 2019
I enjoy working at SA metal and I will make sure I'm giving the company a respect and improve my work rate.They respect there employees very much and treat us as well,payments on time and everything is good
5,0
Weigh-bridge operator / admin assistant (Current Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng22 August 2019
It have been a great experience to work at SA Metal , I really enjoyed it even though sometimes the are bad days but I have learned a lot about metals
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
It just a normal hours
Production and team building
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 June 2019
At work is where you spend half your time with your colleagues and that's where you must enjoy the most cause everyday you at work for approximately 10 hours including lunch and tea times and 4hours at home with the family then sleep, so people that you work with are the closest in life
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over time
1,0
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 May 2019
Worst company ever, you will give your all to the company and then for no valid reason get fired, if you think you are going to build a relationship there don't even try
review
Engineering & Projects Administrator (Current Employee) –  Germiston11 April 2019
a typical day at work starts at 07:00 and ends at 16:00
i have learned the scrap metal industry
Management can improve, too many managers and too little staff
work place culture is very strict
there is no hard part of the job
Dealing with different clients
benefits
Cons
policies
1,0
Alot of stress not nice at all
Cashier/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 February 2019
On a typical day would start at 7:30 place was so busy u don't get to eat lunch...paying out customers while eating.Management are being micro managed cnt make own desicisions .All depends what and who you work under my experience was very bad.Just being off public holidays was nice .Customers rude nd no teamwrk from staff.
Pros
Off public holidays
Cons
Stressfull job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 June 2018
It was a good privilege to work for 1 of the biggest companies in south africa that deals with metal unfortunately my contract expired how I would to work for them if given another opportunity.
Pros
Less working hours and free lunch
Cons
Environment not friendly (radio-active)
3,0
safety is perfect at work as all safety clothes is issued and is a good company
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 April 2018
I consider this company as the biggest one but provide it's workers low wages. It does issued the most perfect safety to its workers. I rate it as a trying company that has a good ideas of learning.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 hours and 15 minutes of working
5,0
I was working nice but the problem is one ,i work there more than 5months the compony never register me
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng5 January 2018
After the the contract end i decide to look another job ,i happy for one thing,i find the work experience, the certificate of service. So those things i think will open the job opportunities in front of me.
Pros
We have lunches there
Cons
For only 1hour
3,0
Productive and very strict workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng12 October 2017
On a typical day at work you clock in at 7am and immediately start working. Days are not the same some days are more busy than others. The atmosphere depends on how busy it is. I have learnt a lot especially time management, everything has to be done at a certain time, you drink tea at a specific time, you go for lunch at a specific time. My job requires time management because the is cut-off times for loading payments, sending out proof of payments. You get to meet a lot of different people and interact with different people. I love that the most because I love working with people. The is diverse cultures and you have to be a hard-worker.
Pros
No working weekends and public holidays.
4,0
Productive and Fun to work for
Executive PA / Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 January 2017
it is a very interesting company, so much room for growth, the only problem about the company are salaries, Working hours are very nice.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am given opportunity to go out to sites
High Paced Business
Security Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP29 September 2015
Work is from early to work finished
do not get tempted
never trust a customer
make most of the time you have off
a lot of oppertunities exist in this company
Pros
overtime
2,0
Workplace
HR Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 May 2014
The environment was of a very dusty nature and with my allergies at the time, my days at work was not very pleasant. As a HR Practitioner, I was required to be active in the production sections, engaging with staff, and this was not conducive for me.
The hard part about my job was that there was basically no formal structure in which HR was operating.
Pros
leaving work earlier on Fridays
Cons
non conducive work environment
Challengeing, Demanding and very Industrial industry
HR Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town22 February 2014
Day at work is never the same, always a challenge and can never be planned.

I learnt and extensive amount regarding counselling, all forms of discipline and industrial relations.
Pros
Medical Aid, Provident Fund, Training and Development opportunities
Cons
Limited room for growth
5,0
fun job every day you learned a new thing
Assistant Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Jet Park, GP7 February 2014
It was a hard typical day at work but still fun.
I've learned all quality of the scrap metal industry.
Management - we had a good bond and worked as a team.
The co-workers - we also had a bond but had our ups and downs with 60 co-workers under me but were still good friends.
The hardest part of the job was loading and off loading the trucks and then sorting and weighing the scrap for customers to get paid and that takes time. And the weight bridges and the small scale must correspond with each other otherwise you have to check where the problem is.
Working with my co-workers and meeting new customers. Their are always friendly but you also get your rude people but still nice to meet them.
Pros
Year end events
Cons
Normal day work no long hours.