SABMiller

SABMiller Management reviews

1,0
not good
driver code 14 (Former Employee) –  PE, Eastern Cape12 September 2019
not a good place to work.they have no respect for there workers.
they only care about kpi,working conditions are not good.
they only care about profits for the shareholders.
Awesome but testing environment
Pacv/Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Umtata, Eastern Cape2 July 2018
Sab was a different world. Though testing emotionally, mentally and physically, one learnt numerous skills and was we'll taken care of. Thumbs up from me.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Accountability
5,0
exceptional work eniroment with great interaction and team buillding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng20 April 2017
a typical day at work would be a day you look forward too. you learn each and every day within different regions. management is always taken serious and strive to organisational goals. There was never a hard day at work.
Pros
Free bevrages
Cons
targets of outbound calls
4,0
Awesome place to work for and you are pushed to excel
Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng30 March 2017
The culture, the people and the spirit was awesome. Extremely high pressured work environment but learnt how to work under pressure. I've learned resilience, patience and commitment to delivering effectively and efficiently. Easy going management style but strong leadership. Great company benefits.
Pros
Short term incentive bonus, Employee care program, Car variable allowance, Provident fund
Cons
Long Hours
4,0
Conductive and flexible environment to work in
SAP Application &Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng23 January 2017
SABMiller now called ABInBev is a good company to work for on permanent basis.The company has a lot to offer on business and system knowledge within the business process requirements and policies. As employee you have the independent time to structure your days work plan in order to meet your timelines and to perform as expected.

I have learned a lot on the IT and SD environment space for me to be able to support the Primary and Secondary space for all regions.I have also gained more knowledge on the development space and abap programming as to how the configuration systems are designed to fit in the business landscape and to produce the desired solution as per requirements.

Management within the company is a relaxed sort type of individuals who are approachable and will not even make you feel that they are holding better titles in the organisations.

The hardest part was to learn and support process with no guidelines and what the SLA's with the vendors are,however as unfearful candidate,I managed to swim out through the deepend valley i was thrown in.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am pulled in projects, user issues and knowledge sharing sessions where my individual capabilities are utilised and recognised.this builds a stronger confidence in me as I know the knowledge I acquire and have gained in all roles I have performed in as an individual.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Long hours when necessary
highly productive and fun
Utilities Technician Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn Pretoria17 January 2017
Production meeting and review assessments.
Learned a lot on self management and team work.
Hardest time were when there was break downs.
Team Buildings were fun and Team on Teams sessions.
Pros
free beers
Cons
long shifts on weekends
4,0
I have learned to use SAP system
Friendly people (Former Employee) –  Welkom, Free State13 December 2016
My supervisor was very helpful. She gave me a platform to excel on my performance when doing my duty. management was friendly. its a production company so most of the time there is a lot of pressure. deadline to meet
Pros
Cons
sometime I did work long hours
Productive Workplace
Utilities Trainee (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 September 2016
A workplace where one gets exposed to so much within the engineering and production side. A good environment were team work is essential to achieve efficiency and production.
The hardest part of my job was learning or being exposed to more of the mechanical part of engineering due to different departments working with entirely its people than outsourcing.
Pros
Team work exposure, Management
Cons
Time keeping within department
World class company
Service Operations Manager (Networks) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa2 March 2016
Great company to work for with a lot of growth within the organization. Fast pace environment with change being the order of each day. The CIO has a saying "Be change fit" which no employee really understood until the constant change in the organization because of globalization started. The wealth of knowledge and leadership within the company is world class and on a daily basis something new is being learned from the leadership team.
Pros
Management and career development
5,0
Sales and Service driven, productive and good work environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Randburg, GP26 August 2015
It is a fun work envrinoment consisting of good team players who works effectively and efficiently. Management recognise good work and support great talents. You learn from others and develop in your workspace. Not only a good company, it looks after its people
Pros
Free beer
Cons
High pressured environment with high productivity
2,0
Limited support and resources with high expectations from management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Africa5 April 2015
Environment is rather flexible.
You manage and prioritise your own time
Company is very stingy in training and developing its own employees, especially if you're less than 5 years with the company.
Co workers generally concentrate more on their work but would lend a good laugh when time permits.
Highly pressurised work environment with rich opportunities for technical skills.
Management is simply determined and concerned with their own career progression and upliftment rather their teams.
You supervise yourself and that can be enjoyable at times.
Pros
Flexi time, free beer if you like
Cons
You're expected to work long hours without being paid for them, it's become a norm!
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP27 January 2015
Days at work were filled with new challenges,adrenaline rush and pressure to reach targets and accomplish goals. I learned time management skills. I also learned to under promise and over deliver. I practised self management, managed promoters and merchandisers. I had good relationships with co-workers and we had fun both at work and outside of work. The hardest part of the job was working long hours (attending afternoon events and having to wake up early to be in the trade the following morning). The most enjoyable part of the job was attending training which empowered me with skills to better perform my job
Pros
Company benefits
4,0
hectic and ,pressure always.
process operator,site service assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Maseru, NW13 January 2015
the toughest day at work is when the production machine dies and production is halted hence making the boss pushy and difficult.there are many things i learned like operating the whole of production with a computer(automated way)the management was good but money wasn't enough,due to inflation.my co-workers were great and had a great team build.the hardest part of the job is when i had operate the production manually and not automatically.the enjoyable part is when you get no problems and work runs smoothly without delay,it makes a happy day and a stress free day.
Pros
had company. parties enjoed the pub with free drinks every friday
Cons
night shifts were hectic
5,0
Classical marketers and my favourite SA brand
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Isando, Johannesburg2 October 2014
Exciting working day in the trade face-to-face with the trader during the day and the consumer in the afternoons. I learnt to work independently without supervision, to be result driven. Management allowed you to take risks and I was empowered to deliver my duties. My co-workers were exciting and as result driven - in line with exciting incentive schemes and clear result measurements. The hardest part of the job at the time was working within the 'civil unrest' environments in the townships and the travelling. The most enjoyable part of the job was the empowerment and ownership of your calling territory.
Pros
Trust and empowerment from management
Cons
Working environment - in the trade
4,0
High pressured and fast paced work environment
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Groblersdal, LP23 July 2014
My daily work routine includes calling daily on customers that are national group accounts and Informal Re-Distributors. I have learnt to cope well in an extremely fast paced environment and to be extremely organised. Management and brand teams all want results, anything that is done at SABMiller can be easily tracked. You learn not to take things personally but just to deliver. My co-workers are generous with exchanging information and assisting where they can to make everyone's job manageable. The hardest part of the job is ,you the face of the company, you the person that deals with customers on a daily basis and if any employee of SAB whether its the truck driver, the security, the credit agent or call centre agent either provides the incorrect information or offends the customer in any way, you must resolve it before it escalates to something big but when you have a healthy relationship with your customers such issues are swiftly resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the brands come 'alive' at the outlets in the manner the various brand teams envisioned and also providing customers with business advice and ideas that helps in growing their profits and margins.
Pros
Extremely dynamic and high pressure company to work for
Cons
I am based in Limpopo
4,0
Fun environment , productive and very dynamic.
Promotions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP21 July 2014
SABMiller is a very dynamic company to work for , it encourages a lot of team integration amongst different departments. It is a very fast paced environment with a lot of meeting of suppliers internal an external stakeholder everyone involved needs to be kept in the loop. Most of the working day is dedicated to meetings and then later on one gets to work. It is not a typical 8am - 4pm job. I enjoy the ability to be able to work with different people and the empowerment the management gives us , we are expects in our roles and get treated as such. The hardest part about the job is that I own the output but I need to get input from different sources and the quality of the output depends on how I manage the different sources.

There is a lot of learning that goes on and the industry is dynamic and ever changing no day is ever the same. We work hard and play even harder.
Pros
employee shares
Cons
hard to obtain the work life balance
1,0
Lots to learn
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  GP28 March 2014
Diary management, screening calls and taking messages and getting the GM to his meetings on time and reminding him of his calendar for the day. Taking care of any actions that come out of his meetings and managing my day to day admin.
Pros
Learning a lot about the Manufacturing Industry
Fun, socialising & hard working
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP25 February 2014
1) Hard work, long hours and involevent of critical thinking on a daily basis but simply love what i do.
2) I have enhanced good experience around the different functions of the supply chain, the importance of individual and team performances.
3) My co -wrokers .. everyone has thier own personality but one learns deal with different personalities on a dialy basis to ensure the best possible output.
4) Hardest part of the job has to be critical supplier management on a dialy,weekly,monthly and yearly basis. Suppliers have thier own expectations and targets to meet, our company has other sets of targets.. aligning the two then becomes key.
5) Best part of the job has to be making key decisions that changes the face of the company in a good and positive way and gaining recognition for the long hours you put into it.
Pros
Free Beer :-), Petrol Card and company shares
Cons
Late nights as a sacrifice that needs to be made for Max output
4,0
Well organized, productive and developing place
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC20 November 2013
1: Office at 8am, reps meeting for pre-planning, analyse sales reports,set daily targets, promo tracker, pricing tracker, availability tracker, then trade with selected rep for the day.

2: Accountability is clear and personal, our people are our enduring advantage, asset management, disciplinary processes, recruitment processes and procedures, career development plans.

3: Great team work ethic

4: Disciplinary hearings

5: Free beer and tickets to rugby games and other sport codes
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Productive, structured and incredibly fun
Intern (Current Employee) –  Newlands, Western Cape19 February 2013
- A typical day at work incorporates analysing a number of samples from raw material, in-process samples and packaged product.
- I have learned how to function well under pressure, how to work in a team, time management, innovative thinking, calibre and accountability.
- I have had the opportunity to work with the most intelligent, fun, young-at-heart, driven and inspiring people.
- There isn't a specifically hard part of the job.
- The work may be repetitive but you learn and discover something new everyday.
Pros
freebies