Safair Employee Reviews

5,0
I learned team leading skills, it was always a pleasure working for the company. Difficult passengers when there were delays
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape31 July 2019
Very good company policies and good management, good team work. The difficulty part was when dealing with irate passengers when there were flight delays
fun workplace
FLIGHTS BOOKING CALL CENTRE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng6 April 2019
I enjoyed every minute working in that environment good surroundings, helpful all the time especiall while assisting passengers book for thei flights within sa.
Pros
free flight tickets
Cons
busy
5,0
Enjoying flying as a flight attendant
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 January 2019
Great working experience looking to further myself as an individual i am the bread winner in my house looking for higher wage as I’m currently taking care of my parents . Looking for higher perspectives in aviation field.
Pros
Grooming allowance
Great Workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2018
Working for this company is a blessing, there is nothing wrong with the company, but with management. They do not listen to staff queries and tend to make changes and not discuss with staff. Great company to work for
Pros
Amazing Company to work for
Cons
Communication
Flexible and friendly
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 July 2017
Great company, even better people to work with. Need to be very flexible, very calm and can handle a group of young adults. Fun company and great people to work with.
Pros
Off time during week days
Cons
Shift work
4,0
Fast and high productivity environment
Storeman/clerk (Former Employee) –  Safair23 June 2017
High tempo productivity environment fast and efficient problem solving. I was responsible for all calibratable equipment that was required on the aircraft in for maintenance as well as on the outstation and line stations I also assisted on registering vehicles for airside and avop.Liased with Main stores For all maintenance spares for specific aircraft in for A/B or C-check.
Pros
Cons
lack of interaction from senior management
Security and benefits
Social Media Consulatant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 February 2017
I would love to find employment which will provide stability and security. Income is a crucial element of the employment life. I believe all of us study and work so that we can sustain ourselves with an income. With FlySafair as a fairly new company, these are not yet provided. Seeing that it is a private entity, stability is not guaranteed, neither is security.
Pros
Rebate tickets to fly anywhere in the demostically.
2,0
productive
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng14 January 2017
good company, i enjoy the time and skills obtained. a typical day at work is very busy, huge call volumes. but manageable . i'm still tempting, i would love to be permanent and grow within the company
Pros
discounts on flights
5,0
Happy at work and job satisfaction
Accounts Clerk (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng6 October 2016
Always busy
Client satsifaction.
Very understanding and helpful.
Helpful and fun to work with.
Keeping up to date on a daily basis.
Speaking to clients.
Pros
Canteen on the premises with affordable meals
1,0
bad management
in charge flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng27 July 2016
Not a good company in terms of management. Loyalty is not rewarded and employees are not recognized for their efforts. It's a good start up company to get experience from,but if you are looking for growth try someone else.
Pros
travel
Cons
no job security
Excellence & Expertise
In charge flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 June 2016
Well rounded Company, offering a good career, learnt a lot about the diversity of people, their abilities, skills, and personalities and how to achieve the goal and work as a team.

Overall good review in each aspect. Highly recommend it to a young person whom is starting out in Aviation.

Most enjoyable part of my job was travelling into Africa.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from home, but time at home, made it worth it
Constantly changing and unpredictable
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, GP23 March 2015
Work would commence with a morning Technical Management meeting, outlining the current and projected aircraft maintenance requirements.
I would provide feedback to my Warehouse and Purchasing teams and action open items.

I would chat with each team member every morning to ensure that the personal needs of each team member (family, schooling, health, planned leave, etc) are catered for as far as possible.

I would then continue with the planning of activities in preparation for known and foreseeable aircraft rotations and movements in and around our African bases (and for local airports to support the airline), ensure base kits and all equipment and consumables are accurately reported and updated accordingly on the inventory control system, and action what is outstanding.

Open order reports (purchase orders, repair orders, exchange orders and service orders), (partial) invoicing and (partial) delivery reports, shipping reports and stock value are looked at daily and consolidated monthly.

Part queries are essential to be identified, isolated, resolved and documented as quickly and rigorously as possible - this would take a few hours daily. I would relook at the system of filtering of unserviceable parts returned for repair which I implemented to effectively isolate and document these cases.

A more strategic objective for the company is to redefine business processes for final integration with other essential systems to bring in efficiencies through automation, better reporting and traceability. This requires much consultation on a daily basis with co-workers, other
  more... departments, and management. Many queries would come from these sessions which then need to be logged and discussed with the software supplier in Scandinavia via skype and emails.

Every afternoon after lunch, I would attend the compulsory Daily Review meeting, in which we discuss problems and statistics resulting from the previous days operations.

The end of the day is the best time for me to liase with our US based suppliers due to the variation in time zones.
After discussing repair cycle issues, shipping concerns, and other procurement decisions I would plan for the following day.

The hardest part of the job is having to maintain the quality and standard of my teams deliverables to other departments in a constantly changing environment (moving "goal posts"), while trying to implement a systems-based approach (through re-engineering, implementation, testing and training of processes) aimed at increasing companywide productivity and efficiency, while managing and realigning an uncoordinated supplier base whose processes and infrastructure do not support the company's vision for sustainable long-term growth and excellence, while having to support additional workload due to our new airline's logistics requirements, with a limited team and no additional resources.

The most enjoyable part of the work is the making improvements to the company's business processes and seeing the positive effects on our personnel's daily routine.
Externally I enjoy translating business process requirements to the supplier base resulting in further infrastructural improvement and development, even introducing new suppliers that become valuable in a greater co-ordinated framework by delivering more benefits to the company that are more tangible and easier to measure.

I've learnt that for change to be effective in an organisation it cannot be delegated. The visible commitment from all management is imperative, this facilitates the buy-in of each and every team member on more operational levels. This can be achieved by having a clear vision and a set of logical and tangible goals that are well communicated and understood by all - this I believe is essential in bringing sustainable continuous improvement through change to the work environment.
Pros
Flexibility in working conditions for management
Cons
Long hours and constantly changing decisions on a daily basis
4,0
Not so much to expect at out stations
Aircraft mechanic/avionics technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP10 January 2015
Assigned at outstations mostly in Congo and Uganda.Everyday was learning day.Encountered different kinds of aircraft system problems and learned the methods and techniques how to troubleshoot by using approved maintenance manuals.
The management was good.Everybody worked as a team.The hardest part of the job is when you already check everything and still couldn't find the culprit of the problem.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you found the culprit of the problem.
Pros
Free uniforms, free board and lodging
Cons
poor electricity at the residence
High Volumes of Work but Fun
Training Administrator (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, GP22 October 2014
Make certificates,
Filing
Organize Training
Update Training Calender
send out email about upcoming Trainig
5,0
Productive and interesting place of employ
Reliability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP17 October 2014
This company is moving forward strength by strength but I am interested in leaving the industry to try something new my current job has been fulfilling however it has become tedious.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No free travel on companies airline
Excellent Aviation Company, exceeds in goals
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP22 September 2013
It is contract work, therefor very flexible, not permanent, therefor not suitable for the person expecting everything as predicted. Tings change a lot, how ever, the company values their employees and is always fair towards everyone

I've learned a lot about people, how different we are, what makes things work and what doesn't, how to be an even better team player and by being noticed as excellent you really have to give a 100% and results in a great feeling

The hardest part about this job is staying home for 3 months with no salary, therefore you have to make a good salary when you are on contract

The most enjoyable part is the freedom, to see Africa and to get to see my loved ones more than someone having a normal job
A good company - Fun workplace
Maintenance Fitter (Former Employee) –  Bonaero Park, GP30 June 2013
I was on Contract there
Qualified
Co workers..got along well
Most enjoyable is when there were enough work to keep busy
Liquidated
Wheel and Brake Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park10 May 2013
When 1Time Airlines liquidated, Jetworx was affected and followed suit in March 2013
4,0
Productive and lots of un workaplace
Senior Technical Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park6 July 2012
The Best Company i've ever work for, Team work and good personel.
Pros
funds employees who wishes to further their studies