Safair Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

5,0
Enjoying flying as a flight attendant
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 January 2019
Great working experience looking to further myself as an individual i am the bread winner in my house looking for higher wage as I’m currently taking care of my parents . Looking for higher perspectives in aviation field.
Pros
Grooming allowance
Flexible and friendly
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 July 2017
Great company, even better people to work with. Need to be very flexible, very calm and can handle a group of young adults. Fun company and great people to work with.
Pros
Off time during week days
Cons
Shift work
4,0
Excellence & Expertise
In charge flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 June 2016
Well rounded Company, offering a good career, learnt a lot about the diversity of people, their abilities, skills, and personalities and how to achieve the goal and work as a team.

Overall good review in each aspect. Highly recommend it to a young person whom is starting out in Aviation.

Most enjoyable part of my job was travelling into Africa.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from home, but time at home, made it worth it
4,0
Not so much to expect at out stations
Aircraft mechanic/avionics technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP10 January 2015
Assigned at outstations mostly in Congo and Uganda.Everyday was learning day.Encountered different kinds of aircraft system problems and learned the methods and techniques how to troubleshoot by using approved maintenance manuals.
The management was good.Everybody worked as a team.The hardest part of the job is when you already check everything and still couldn't find the culprit of the problem.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you found the culprit of the problem.
Pros
Free uniforms, free board and lodging
Cons
poor electricity at the residence
5,0
Productive and interesting place of employ
Reliability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP17 October 2014
This company is moving forward strength by strength but I am interested in leaving the industry to try something new my current job has been fulfilling however it has become tedious.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No free travel on companies airline
Excellent Aviation Company, exceeds in goals
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP22 September 2013
It is contract work, therefor very flexible, not permanent, therefor not suitable for the person expecting everything as predicted. Tings change a lot, how ever, the company values their employees and is always fair towards everyone

I've learned a lot about people, how different we are, what makes things work and what doesn't, how to be an even better team player and by being noticed as excellent you really have to give a 100% and results in a great feeling

The hardest part about this job is staying home for 3 months with no salary, therefore you have to make a good salary when you are on contract

The most enjoyable part is the freedom, to see Africa and to get to see my loved ones more than someone having a normal job