Safair Management reviews

5,0
I learned team leading skills, it was always a pleasure working for the company. Difficult passengers when there were delays
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape31 July 2019
Very good company policies and good management, good team work. The difficulty part was when dealing with irate passengers when there were flight delays
5,0
Great Workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2018
Working for this company is a blessing, there is nothing wrong with the company, but with management. They do not listen to staff queries and tend to make changes and not discuss with staff. Great company to work for
Pros
Amazing Company to work for
Cons
Communication
1,0
bad management
in charge flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng27 July 2016
Not a good company in terms of management. Loyalty is not rewarded and employees are not recognized for their efforts. It's a good start up company to get experience from,but if you are looking for growth try someone else.
Pros
travel
Cons
no job security
3,0
Constantly changing and unpredictable
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, GP23 March 2015
Work would commence with a morning Technical Management meeting, outlining the current and projected aircraft maintenance requirements.
I would provide feedback to my Warehouse and Purchasing teams and action open items.

I would chat with each team member every morning to ensure that the personal needs of each team member (family, schooling, health, planned leave, etc) are catered for as far as possible.

I would then continue with the planning of activities in preparation for known and foreseeable aircraft rotations and movements in and around our African bases (and for local airports to support the airline), ensure base kits and all equipment and consumables are accurately reported and updated accordingly on the inventory control system, and action what is outstanding.

Open order reports (purchase orders, repair orders, exchange orders and service orders), (partial) invoicing and (partial) delivery reports, shipping reports and stock value are looked at daily and consolidated monthly.

Part queries are essential to be identified, isolated, resolved and documented as quickly and rigorously as possible - this would take a few hours daily. I would relook at the system of filtering of unserviceable parts returned for repair which I implemented to effectively isolate and document these cases.

A more strategic objective for the company is to redefine business processes for final integration with other essential systems to bring in efficiencies through automation, better reporting and traceability. This requires much consultation on a daily basis with co-workers, other
  more... departments, and management. Many queries would come from these sessions which then need to be logged and discussed with the software supplier in Scandinavia via skype and emails.

Every afternoon after lunch, I would attend the compulsory Daily Review meeting, in which we discuss problems and statistics resulting from the previous days operations.

The end of the day is the best time for me to liase with our US based suppliers due to the variation in time zones.
After discussing repair cycle issues, shipping concerns, and other procurement decisions I would plan for the following day.

The hardest part of the job is having to maintain the quality and standard of my teams deliverables to other departments in a constantly changing environment (moving "goal posts"), while trying to implement a systems-based approach (through re-engineering, implementation, testing and training of processes) aimed at increasing companywide productivity and efficiency, while managing and realigning an uncoordinated supplier base whose processes and infrastructure do not support the company's vision for sustainable long-term growth and excellence, while having to support additional workload due to our new airline's logistics requirements, with a limited team and no additional resources.

The most enjoyable part of the work is the making improvements to the company's business processes and seeing the positive effects on our personnel's daily routine.
Externally I enjoy translating business process requirements to the supplier base resulting in further infrastructural improvement and development, even introducing new suppliers that become valuable in a greater co-ordinated framework by delivering more benefits to the company that are more tangible and easier to measure.

I've learnt that for change to be effective in an organisation it cannot be delegated. The visible commitment from all management is imperative, this facilitates the buy-in of each and every team member on more operational levels. This can be achieved by having a clear vision and a set of logical and tangible goals that are well communicated and understood by all - this I believe is essential in bringing sustainable continuous improvement through change to the work environment.
Pros
Flexibility in working conditions for management
Cons
Long hours and constantly changing decisions on a daily basis
4,0
Not so much to expect at out stations
Aircraft mechanic/avionics technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP10 January 2015
Assigned at outstations mostly in Congo and Uganda.Everyday was learning day.Encountered different kinds of aircraft system problems and learned the methods and techniques how to troubleshoot by using approved maintenance manuals.
The management was good.Everybody worked as a team.The hardest part of the job is when you already check everything and still couldn't find the culprit of the problem.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you found the culprit of the problem.
Pros
Free uniforms, free board and lodging
Cons
poor electricity at the residence
4,0
Productive and lots of un workaplace
Senior Technical Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park6 July 2012
The Best Company i've ever work for, Team work and good personel.
Pros
funds employees who wishes to further their studies