Sandvik Employee Reviews

2,0
Moderate
Shipping and Freight Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng3 October 2019
Monotonous and repetitious work
Lack of up-skilling, however, the opportunity to grow one needs to make it possible by speaking out and persisting.

I took with the communication tool and skill
the understanding of how mining operates and that one needs to be disciplined to pursue growth and up-grading one.
Pros
50% medical aid contribution
Cons
flow of work does not slow down however, it get consistent
best campany ever
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West3 June 2019
its very good campany they cant just rentrench they better relocate the employee they consider safety very high standards and their PPE are quality and they offer short course on their machinery for employee to undersdand their product
Roocktools underground storeman
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Gauteng20 May 2019
Out job was good becouse it was to keep store clean recieving and issuing and make sure that all the report are correct and clean .we were working fulco shift that we called 4×4
Pros
Free lunch
5,0
Great company to work for
Senior CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview, Gauteng25 February 2019
Always something to do.
Teamwork!
Excellent!
Relaxed and well managed
Deadlines
Worked with an excellent electrical department and a great manager.
3,0
fun work place
diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lime Acres, Northern Cape11 December 2018
its a wonderful company. cooperating coworkers.and the exposure to learning new things on machines everyday is great.we are learning more on hydraulic systems,brake systems and i have learned a lot about automation system
Pros
free beavarages
Cons
its fair hours
technician
Electrical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng27 September 2018
nation diploma in electrical and n6 in mechanical engineering wireman three phase doing GCC in electrical engineering waiting for my last subject so i can submeat for exam for GCC
Productive Workplace`
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng26 September 2018
Build underground drilling and mining equipment. Learned about the operation and maintenance of this equipment. Management is friendly and approachable. Workplace morale was low at times, and inter departmental relationships were weak. Most difficult part of my job was documenting the development of the projects I oversaw. I enjoyed the experience and recommend Sandvik as a worthwhile place of employment.
Pros
Popcorn
Cons
Weak interdepartmental relationships
4,0
Keep head down and concentrate on complete work
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview, Gauteng19 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Sandvik. I worked there for 6 years and completed many projects in Zimbabwe. I was responsible for all electrical and instrumentation drawings. I preformed all Factory Acceptance Tests. I was also involved will site commissioning.
I was retrenched when Sandvik was brought by FL Smidth.
Enjoyed my stay at Sandvik.
Pros
Followed trough all projects from start to finish.
Cons
Travelling distance to get to work.
4,0
Productive Company with great training opportunities
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, South Africa28 August 2018
Good company to work for with training provided. Great machines if its maintained correctly. If you give your best Sandvik will give you big opportunities.
good communicate
storeman (Current Employee) –  Welkom, Free State22 August 2018
Future company and developing skills , provide free lunch during training and accommodation, better working environment , trying to please all cultural by positions
Pros
training
Cons
overtime
4,0
productive inspiring company while you work
inventory management (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 August 2018
That was company dealing with mining stock items, also demanding concentration be able to planning,organise,lead and control your work. No room for picking error especially when picking for a break down since there's too much cost involve.rather delay picking while seeking for clarity than wrong picking.long hours when it's pick time and overtime indeed will be requested,good management from the senior management which made it easier for resources on the floor together with supervision
Pros
stock take result should be 99.9 %
Productive..fun working place..learning center
Semi skilled artisan assistant (Current Employee) –  Kuruman, Northern Cape10 August 2018
Sandvik is a nice company..you get a chance to learn as Much as you can...interms of development they are number one in the industry..they follow their own policy and procedures
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Long hours..overtimes
Bairgaing Council and Salary Negotiations
Africa Region Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng20 June 2018
I was responsible for Africa as a continent. My role was to advise and manage legislation on all the different countries on labour relations matter. I have learned a great deal on different cultures and their diversity and in cooperate with the organizational culture. We were encouraged on participating management style. My challenges on my job was to incorporate company rules and regulations with other countries legislations and other litigations. Traveling, team work and job enlargement was my highlight.
Productive Workplace
Technician - Earthmoving Equipment (Current Employee) –  Voorspoed Mine Kroonstad FS9 May 2018
Working for Sandvik Voorspoed Mine gives me piece of mind. I love my job as Technician. My day starts with Toolbox Talk and afterwards going to the machines to see if all is fine.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Standby
5,0
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Bedfordview, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa10 April 2018
My typical day at work starts off with following up with suppliers on the progress they have made on the day before, sometimes on the week before which ever have the highest priority. Getting the relevant Project documents in on time and getting them approved.
I take part in Project Meetings to provide the information I have received from the suppliers to the Project team.

I have learned a lot from the industry and the requirements of getting the work done in the best quality, quantity and lead times to our clients. I have gained a lot more self motivation, discipline and confidence in my work and in myself as a person to deal with the stress of the work and getting the job done.

Management has always been a part of what I do at the company as they have contributed to my success at Sandvik Mining Systems.
Wherever any issues arise, Management could always be approached for guidance and assistance in getting a resolution.

Our workplace culture involves everyone from the cleaning staff to top management and everyone gets treated with dignity and respect on the same level. We are all one Sandvik and moving forward as a team.

The hardest part of the job is to get the suppliers to actually stick to their promised and committed delivery dates to the Project Sites.
This has a huge impact on the Project and always have a cost implication.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with different people on different levels and to get to know them.
Getting the knowledge of what they do at their company and how their equipment works. Being able to see on hand
  more... what the equipment looks like and how they operate.

My growth at the company as started off at a junior level up to where I am today 8 years later as a Senior Expeditor.
Pros
Flexi-time on working hours
Cons
Late night deadlines
5,0
Informative company to work for (variety of interests)
Senior Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview27 February 2018
Friendly and helpful staff.
Interesting to work on Projects with the variety that is involved.
Wish they would get more Project so that they can employ more people on a more regular basis.
Pros
Flexi Hours
2,0
maintanace assistant (Former Employee) –  Delmas, Mpumalanga15 February 2018
working as an assistant we had very long hours and traveled a lot. working for the maintenance team you never get time to spend time with loved ones and makes it very difficult to have any form off relationships.
Pros
Always a new challenge
Cons
long ours and traveling
Safety awareness was awesome
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng24 January 2018
Sandvik gave me a chance to experience the factory production.
Their safety awareness was top standard.
They never hesitated to further our knowledge.
Pros
Had a canteen
Cons
Working shifts
5,0
productive and fun woorking place
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guateng18 January 2018
My first day was hectic as I only hade 4 days to get my visa for China.
I learned a lot about the Ship loaders and Stacker and re-claimers and the industry they in.
Management at Sandvik is fun working for.
My leaders communicate and interact with employees.
Working away from home and your family.
Seeing the word traveling for business.
Pros
Free lunches
5,0
Good place of work, highly ethical
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng21 October 2017
Look after their employees
Very good salaries
Send employees on training courses
Time and stress management courses are prensented
Mining Industry
Zero Tolerance
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Restructuring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandvik. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9Work/Life Balance