Sanlam Employee Reviews

5,0
I done productivity of the month
Sales Consultantu (Current Employee) –  Mount Frere, Eastern Cape6 December 2019
In sanlam I done productivity ,but there are some challenges in the field ,but you have to focus all the time becouse ,our salary depend on productivity(commisoin).
5,0
Team work and profetionalizim management is Conner stone of the company
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo2 December 2019
Sanlam is good place or workmanship and I bring my tenure with Sanlm I have learned a lot as far as management is concerned. I have enjoyed the support and team work from the management to all employees overall.IThat is why I wanted to return back to Sanlam sky and occupied my position as a sales manager.and I believe if I can be given an opportunity will add value to the company.
no excitement or future
advisror (Former Employee) –  head office28 November 2019
Management are only looking after themselves. As a new beginner you get minimum support or management works against you if you want to undergo extra training. Don't ask for extra training to get you more qualified because management see that as a threat.
Excellent
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal28 November 2019
It is exciting environment challenging and rewarding. Management and staff very helpful and productive. Every one is target driven accuracy and interest in becoming the brand name in the Insurance industry.
Fun workplace
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga21 November 2019
It was good at the beginning but later on it was very for me because of lapse and sanlam doesn't deduct private stop order has a very bad signal on that one
2,0
Good entrance into the work environment
Programme Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape21 November 2019
Started as an intern in the HR Department (Training & Development). Initially it was a big adjustment however after 2 months the job became monotonous. There was a lack of growth and work to do - leading to lack of motivation and energy. There wasn't any exposure to other HR environments and skills learnt were limited. Learnt the basics of office admin, learnership/training administration of programmes. The environment as a whole was supportive and had a good relationship with co-workers and management, however lacked diversity in terms of age and cultural aspects.
1,0
You write your own check.
Sales Representative (Financial (Former Employee) –  Private19 November 2019
No clients, no pay.
Self markerting.
No prospects.
Monthly commisions.
No specific hours.
Mentally exhausting 🙄
Clawbacks 😭, as if it's your fault that a client decideds to not pay or cancel
........... .......... .......... ........ ........ .........
3,0
Productive, Varied and fast-paced workplace.
Technology Training Consultant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 November 2019
My job consisted of a combination of writing manuals, training, give specialised assistance, advice and planning learning interventions.

The hardest part for me, was not having the opportunity to stay on in the company and grow because of the companies HR policy on age.

I enjoyed the ability to plan learning interventions, conducting them, developing the manuals and following the progress of student, celebrating their learning and growth, seeing change.
3,0
Challenging but exciting work place
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal13 November 2019
I enjoyed working for the company, the only disadvantage was that we were getting paid only on commission there was no basic salary and that pushed one to really work hard, but I appreciated the experience.
4,0
Wonderful company to be employed at.
HR Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape12 November 2019
Sanlam is a great company to work for. However, people leave managers and not companies. If you’re unlucky to have a terrible manager, your view of sanlam may be skewed.
2,0
Hard
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal11 November 2019
Not perfect at all but I tried all my best to please my manager even though I did my best and I loved my job but I don't think I had enough support at all
Customer skills,customer related,communication skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape11 November 2019
Communication skills, customer service, team work,marketing skills, problem solving, attendance and accuracy, telephone ethics, honest and deligent, customer care
Great company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 November 2019
Great company to work for
Work balance is there
Great co-workers and management
Fair salary package offered
Room for growth
Offers stability
Great leadership style
4,0
Good campany with excellent achievement
Sanlamsky (Former Employee) –  Umtata, Eastern Cape7 November 2019
I learned to build communication to the people I first meet and I know how to read people's mind when I'm with her or him. I always looking forward to the next day because I loved meeting new people
5,0
Commision based salary motivated me more.
Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2019
I enjoyed presentations , prospects , working in the field. Most of all I enjoyed signing my own check because salary was commission based only.Yes work is stressing because I worked with clients, I always put the space of disappointment because I worked with different types of people.
4,0
At Sanlam I was getting paid by bring client to the company if client's policies lapses they deduct that money they have paid me back
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West6 November 2019
I was earning by signing up clients if client policies lapse they will deduct money that the have paid me from my salary, i gain experience Even if it was stressing.
5,0
A work home away from home
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tygervalley, Western Cape4 November 2019
Sanlam is a place that creates an atmosphere for optimal productivity. Definitely the Employer of choice if you're looking for a place to ground yourself and further your skills.
3,0
Tele-Interviewer - Underwriting (Current Employee) –  head Office1 November 2019
Competitive and past paced. formal culture with some flexibility. True South African Culture within the Group. Professionalism is highly regarded in the environment I work.
4,0
It is a good company for growth
Specialist Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng15 October 2019
I started in the company 2004 as the administrator and grew within the company until I left in 2015. The company is a place for growth and learning about the financial sector.
5,0
Great company with great benefits.
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape14 October 2019
Best company I've ever worked for. Call centre is fast pace, IT department is relaxed but busy. Great cafeteria and mall area, coffee shops etc. Provides shuttle buses train station and bus terminal.