Sanofi Employee Reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 3 423 reviews
Inclusive Culture
Supply Chain Administrator (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng26 March 2018
Decent company to work for. Diverse in culture, race and creed.

A typical day at work for me was structured with a to do list of priorities.

My priorities were: SAP, Customer Service and Product Launches.
Pros
Nice conference getaways.
Cons
Nepotism
1,0
i do not wish this to be published
Head of Legal (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng11 January 2018
i dont have much to say. i had a great relationship with collegues. it is an interesting environment and fast moving. opportunities exist in certain areas to move
Pros
great people
Cons
practises
2,0
A comfortable environment to work.
MEDICAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng28 March 2017
50% of day is productive. Many meetings. Not always reaching a definitive solution.
Steep learning curve. Provided me a wealth of experience as a first time medical advisor.
Workplace culture was sometimes quite tense and then at other times quite relaxed.
The travel experience was most enjoyable.
Pros
Understanding the business side of pharmaceutical drugs
Cons
Occasional weekend and night work
PA (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng21 January 2017
It was really fantastic working for Aventis Pharma. Learned a lot about the Medical side of things. We were always busy which for me was great, I am not one to sit and have nothing to do.
N.A
Oncology & HIV Diseases Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng10 January 2017
Sanofi provided a lot of opportunities to grow within my position at the time. I really enjoyed the freedom to learn and value the experience gained. very good company.
Passionate, supportive enviorement
Diabetes Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 December 2016
Manage the daily referrals of new insulin patients to Nurse network
manage 22 Nurses in area
Do telephonic patient support daily
reports to doctors on progress of referred patient
Loading of all patients seen by nurses on global support system
Monthly invoices of nurses for work done
weekly report to headoffice
Support and training to clinics and hospitals on Insulin
Support to T1 patients on Insulin younger that 15 years

learned: that there is no fixed treatment for insulin
patience
hardest job support to parients of small children

most enjoyable: to help someone struggling for long period to get complied and controlled
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
telephone on 24/7
challenging job
chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng13 October 2016
pharmacitical manufaçturiñg tb pills añd arv pills
its a big compàny which you can learn many productive methods for packing and manufacturińg
a very nice place to work
Pros
free voucher
5,0
Productive company constantly launching new products
SPECIALIST REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 July 2016
Had the best time of my career as a detailing rep.
Would have stayed there if it wasn't for the inexperienced manager and lack of communication.
Professionals
Senior ICT Technician (Former Employee) –  Midrand12 May 2016
Manage the Helpdesk Service to ensure that relevant service levels are met
Ensure that all areas of responsibilities comply with company policies, procedures and standards
Provide relevant management reports on call statistics
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal shifts
Good Ideas, lack support
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP18 October 2015
I deliver a service to my customers by assisting in the diagnostic process and treating of diseases. I have contact with those affected by the diseases and assist via their treating physicians on how to get help.
Pros
No Micromanagement
Cons
Lack structure and support
4,0
Productive and experience giving company
Jr. Microbiologist (Student) (Former Employee) –  Silverton, GP18 September 2015
Working at Sanofi Aventis S.A (Winthrop Pharmaceuticals) was fun and educative as one learned lot of things in a short period of time. Not only do they give you job experience but also life lessons on how to tackle things in life. In Microbiology section there wasn't anything that I can say was hard for me to perform as I was willing to learn and enjoyed every bit of it even-though there was lot of work one had to do in a day, as a student.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Less Money
3,0
what I have learned at work
filling machine operator,line leader (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP13 September 2015
always follow instruction to prevent rework,incidents unnecessary cost and time waste.my hardest part of working here was to work with co-worker who did not approve me to be their leader because of my years of experience compared to theirs,not being favoured by my new female pharmacist manager which has cost dropping in production.It was a good experience again to learn from my co-workers with long service . the most enjoyable part of my job was to work night shift,It has learned me to work responsibly without management,being able to reach a required target and receive monthly incentive.
Pros
Cons
no short breaks
4,0
Pleasant and friendly work colleagues
Foreign Creditors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GP9 June 2015
Having come from a banking background where I worked with clients who did foreign exchange transactions, Sanof-Aventis provided the next step in my career and that was to work at a company that had foreign exchange dealings.
3,0
Productive and fun work place
Manufacturing Operator (pharmaceutical) (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP3 October 2014
A typical day at work entailed manufacturing products and at times helping out in the packaging department.

I learned a lot about production because I enjoy a productive work place.

Like in any other company employees and management there are ups and downs but overall we had a good relations with our management.

I had good colleagues and enjoyed working with them.

Sometimes the physical part of the job would take its toll

I enjoyed learning about different products and their effect thereof in our system.
4,0
The Business and every day issues
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GP22 September 2014
Reviewing all previous days sales. Contacting individual clients re satisfaction and problem solving. Inviting new customers to order and reviewing for each type of customer a pricing strategy. Ordering in stock and delivery planning. Working in cohesion with support internal staff and appropriate training at the same time.

No part of the job was hard and if there was it was filling in needs from today--yesterday as all clients wanted orders now!!!

Best part of day was leaving desk empty with all aspects of day work complete ready for the new day

Working at this company was a rewarding one especially with new research products being introduced
Pros
Cons
Not enough time in the day
4,0
Productive and fun with good values and culture
Assistant for regional KZN / EC office (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu Natal4 March 2013
Worked for the company for 16yrs started off as receptionist and after 8yrs studied and became a Medical sales representative 8yrs worked in the coastal region and was responsible for Anitbiotic/ oesteo / CNS porfolio. Moved back into the office Sept. 2012 as assistant and retrenched 1st Feb 2013.
Pros
opportunity for promotions
Cons
changes in pharmaceutical industry resulted in closing office and losing my job
Productive and challenging workplace
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gauteng9 July 2012
Tthe work was mostly productive,meaning all work and no play. Arrival was 07:30am and work was mostly completed by 19:00pm the latest.
I learned to operate quite a number of instruments @ such short space of time.
Managent strict just like any working area.
Co-workers were not the friendliest bunch, but team work was manageable in most instances. Mostly analysts worked as individuals, so one would be judged according to their work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was completing analysis mostly done by seniors. In overall the pharmaceutical industry is by far the best.
Cons
long hours with no overtime payment