Santam

Santam Employee Reviews

5,0
Got skills that I never had, great work ethics, fun people to work with and very helpful
Communication is key, asking for help is the best way to get things done.
Understand what the client wants and creating good relationship with the client is good for business
2,0
It's okay
New staff not welcomed. There's a lot of good people there. There's also the old stuff with bullying tendencies. Pay is good so is the reward I. E. Bonus
5,0
It was great working at santam
Santam is a good company to work, their salary structure is good and the management team are always supportive and helpful at all times Santam has great benefits.
3,0
The experience has been good
It is a good company to work for. Provide a lot of training to up skill their employees. They are goal oriented company and support their employees...
4,0
Fun, productive and great experience
* 15min before logging in, we start our daily morning meeting.

* Management will follow up with any outstanding or pending claims captured by the team.

* The workplace culture was very uplifting if one cav say or should I say lifly.

* Hardest part of the day was battling to be at the top within the department with regards to targets.

* Being at work!!!
overal company looks good
There is room for improvement, i enjoy what I'm doing the company has got good benefits., it is an insurance giant.The company keeps up with the market.
Frame work
Ability to work under pressure.to work as a team and to respect others.to respect others cultures .contribution help.further success.think big about company.collecting excellence.inspire others
5,0
It was a fun work place and very priductive
This is a company that I would like to go back and work for it again, it felt like home. I gained alot of experience there I have a qualification because of them they invested a lot in me, I am forever greatful for once working for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
5,0
very intriguing and funplace to work
learned to take on inbound and outbound calls, reaching of targets, setting up daily reports to submit to management. policy maintenance. the culture of Santam is very unique as all diverse ethnic groups are respected, hardest part of my job was not being able to take multiple tasks on due to it being a call center i would've love the opportunity to show my hard work ship, the people are very friendly and management is very reasonable with decision making, they are a fun loving family
Flexible and Productive environment
Santam has great management that puts the interests of their employees first. My manager has been accommodating and allow the QA staff to work from home provided we are productive and are able to avail ourselves as and when required to be in the office.( this is to accommodate staff under certain circumstances)

We are still able to support the business and do coaching and calibration sessions on a weekly basis.

There are Fun days that are held on a regular basis to ensure a fantastic and joyful vibe in the office.
Pros
Flexible, Fun work environment, Great team
Cons
No canteen in the building
workplace
Typical day at work receiving calls and sending emails. I have learnt how to treat customers and respect your colleagues no matter their status and gender.
Great cultures and values
Great company to work for. Demonstrates humanity towards each other. Management has an open door policy and staff support and respect each other. We treat each other like family.
Pros
Great added benefits awarded if you meet or over exceed target
5,0
Productive and great place to learn
8am-16:30pm Working with clients of different cultures and race this was for me a great place to work and the management is very caring for their employees .
Pros
Very Quite and Calm environment plus Job security
Cons
Language Barrier
3,0
Good company to work with
Santam has introduced flexi hours in most sites.
A lot of overtime is being worked.

Management are always not so compassionate to personal issues.

The workplace culture is not so good at some sites as the people have strict targets and dont really get to be social after work as they are required to work overtime should the site need them.

Good bonusses are always provided if you work hard and do what is expected from you.
Pros
Flexi Hours and Paid overtime
Cons
Plenty of overtime, no opportunities to grow
growth
there are a few flat structures , so growth can be sometimes limited and therefore this promoted me to leave . People are not bad to be hones, but career advancement matters the most to me
Fun place to work
The best place to work the company is amazing and offers great benefits for their staff, some managers may still be backwards and racist but overall I would'nt trade my santam for anything!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours less pay
Learning experience
Very good company to work for, with a lot of benefits and learning opportunity.

I've worked for 23 years for the Company and resigned because I got married.
awsome company
motivated highly effective teamwork and assertiveness.The culture is great and very distinctive. The code is ethical however fun and there is enough time for reward which is a monthly incentive.
Pros
incentives
Cons
the lifts are slow
Very progressive workplace
Incredible company to work for with many opportunities for growth. There are many opportunities given for training and advancement within the company.
Pros
Lots to be learned
Cons
Very long hours
4,0
Nice company to work for
I have learned a lot. Gained exposure within the short term industry. Great leadership. Diverse culture. Great learning opportunities however there lack of growth.
Pros
Good Bonus
Cons
lack of growth
5,0
A awesome compant to work for
Santam is a very professional and stats driven.
Targets had to be reached and (WFM) Work force management had to be adhered to.

I have learned that time management is very important and always to give your best.

Santam is very diverse.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with high-rate brokers and the most rewarding and enjoyable part was giving the brokers satisfaction and solving the queries.
Pros
Time off when reaching targets
Cons
Work Force management