Sappi Employee Reviews

5,0
An amazing and progressive company
Key Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng23 March 2019
Sappi recognizes its employees effort and rewards acordingly.
the company is progressive and has transformed with time .
A fun and enjoyable place to work. A great cultured existed of trust and respect and integrity.
The hardest part of the job was people management .
THe most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers
Pros
Lunch subsidy
5,0
A place where you can enjoy working
shift superinteded (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga26 November 2018
It is gòod company that cares for its employees. The company will develop and individual from zero to hero if ever you are committed to education. Many employees achieved higher position through development and education
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
5,0
A challenging work for vigillant workers.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga25 October 2018
Working in an area like SAPPI Ngodwana is an eye opener since you work as a team where an individual teammate is your brother'skeeper hence that triggers security and that cultivate an accident free working environment.
Pros
Enjoy while at work
Cons
Long duration at work is taken care of in the free lunch preparatory.
1,0
Good exposure poor treatment of employees
Engineer in training (Former Employee) –  Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal1 August 2018
management often makes promises and uses employees with no concern for their well-being leading to demotivation and disgruntlement.
Politics are very bad, where good workers are often disregarded due to management having personal relationships with others.

Lots of work to be done and very good working experience for cv
Pros
wide variety of job experience available
Cons
poor hr policies and employee engagement
Effective work
Learning development (Former Employee) –  From Home31 May 2018
I was a contract worker so therefor I could not ave job security or any benefits.

I was very happy working for Sappi as they have overall good management and they are very trustworthy. There is a good job culture and for that reason I would go back working for them as soon as I can.
Pros
Working on own time
Productive and Demanding
Condition Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  Sappi Durban South Africa15 November 2017
Upon arrival at work set up PC load analyzers for engineering personnel, analyse vibration data take follow up readings and compile reports for engineering personnel and management.
Attend to numerous calls for plant and workshop problems and surveys utilizing different technologies and equipment.Hardest part of the job was to make engineering personnel understand the faults diagnosed and most enjoyable part of the job was confirming that the diagnosis was correct.
4,0
Sappi is a broad company. It is easy to grow in any job you wish to archieve.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ngodwana2 June 2017
I would be very happy to work for Sappi as a permanent employee because there are many jobs I wish to be competent on. Working for Sappi was a dream come true to me.
Cons
12 hours shift
Good employer
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ngodwana and Mandini30 April 2017
While working there it was fun. Employees were given room to enjoy their jobs and express themselves. In hindsight I could have stayed there a few years longer.
5,0
I enjoyed working in Sappi. At times a bit too regimental, however I could understand the reasoning.
Management (Former Employee) –  IXOPO21 April 2017
I was put on retirement at the age of 63, which is compulsory with Sappi. I am still active and frustrated in not having full time employment. I have been active for 45 years and find it hard to have part time work when I can still pass on a lot of knowledge to others with my wealth of experience.
5,0
productive and fun work place
lasher (Current Employee) –  Barberton, Mpumalanga28 January 2017
I will be happy if i get thi job.i will make sure that i put all of my effort so that the company benefit more.i promise to give full respect to all people i work with.
Pros
free lunches
Healthy working environment.
TRAINEE SHEQ REP (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal19 July 2016
A friendly environment to interact in with people of many different back rounds. Learned filing, and was given the chance to be active in auditing which helped me understand how important to have all daily work done properly the first time round. Management was very informative and assisting in giving me more knowledge about safety. Hardest part was a lot of paper work and the knowledge of the osheact, specially when it comes to remembering acts. Loved every day of going to sappi it made me eager to wake u every day.
Pros
Happy working environment, Laughter and happiness with all employees.
Cons
Dangrerous working equipment that is to be cautious at all times while on site.
5,0
Good when it comes to the quality of the products and the targeds the management set.
GRANDMAN (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga5 May 2016
It was always enjoyable to work at sappi and the management was supportive and the co-workers was good. What I have learn is that when you work as a team even when the job is difficult, it can become easy. Then I make me belief in a team work. The management was always providing us with funds to further our studies and the hardest part of my job it was not easy to explain where a knife grander belongs as my job title. I am having 12 years working as a knife grander with qualifications at mechanical engineering and human resources but where this experience can take me to as I was honesty and loyalty in my job.
Pros
Cons
12 Hours
Reliable
Shift Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Ngodwana17 April 2016
. Good
. I've learned a lot even business strategies
. Management is fair
. Co-workers its a team culture
. Disciplining employees
. Its fun and has challenges
Pros
Production tokens
Cons
Stable hours
4,0
productive with lots of incentives
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 February 2016
Good place to work but sometimes mills can be far away from the cities. Good benefits & incentives. Lots company team building activities. Many individual development opportunities.
Pros
good benefits & incentives
Cons
mills can be far away from towns & cities
educative
lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Springs, GP12 January 2016
i enjoyed their awareness's well spot on.thankful for the education they given me.training officer was the best person i have ever met in my life.he always on time prepare and knew what he wants to do.my hardest day is when i was chased from the workshop for being late.
Pros
free lunches in meetings
Cons
water treatment in winter was cold
5,0
Enjoyable workplace, open to daily learning
Raw Materials Tester (Former Employee) –  ZN21 October 2015
The whole workplace is suitable for people who want to learn more. The place has kind and supportive management at all levels.
Colleagues are a type of people who treat each other equally, regardless of their backgrounds.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things as well as research.
Pros
Overtime Meals
Cons
Overtime
5,0
maximum productivity, smartness and speed
creditors clerk (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN12 October 2015
everyday at work is challenging educational and fun,

I have learnt to work efficiently and productively under any amount of pressure and yet enjoy and find something some skill to acquire each day.

we were a diverse group of people with different cultures, beliefs and personalities, I have learnt to accept, respect and embrace every one as they are and ensure that I keep the environment as peaceful as possible.

the most challenging part is when you do not get feedback and cooperation from the other side and as a result risk deadlines and the good image of the company and your credibility yet be as professional and calm as possible.

the most rewarding part of my job is when you get a get call from a satisfied management and of customers and recommendations to our company because of the job well done by our department,
Pros
employee of the month recognition
3,0
Great Pay, but limited career growth prospects.
Project Manager: PMO (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, GP25 August 2015
Great Pay, but limited career growth prospects. The company is more for those who are nearing the end of their careers. The bonus is great.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Limited career prospects
5,0
very productive and a learning curve
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Springs, GP1 July 2015
I'm a hard working person get on well with all co workers have worked in several countries on mines and for American Military in Iraq. worked as a Electrical Supervisor and on Management board, I have picked up vast experience in the years gone past as well working with people from all denominations in the world
I enjoy my job and love passing on knowledge to my workers, I also started a training centre in Iraq for Electricians to get them up to date with the Electrical code of practice and on how to work safely, I believe that no job is too important that it cannot be done safe this is my motto.
Pros
pension fund and privident health care
Cons
sallary on the low side
5,0
productive and strict organised workplace
production foreman (Former Employee) –  Springs, GP27 April 2015
always pressure , learned to work with different cultures ,good leaders , skilled co-workers , hardest part was to reduce absenteeism and to break safety and production records was very enjoyable.
Pros
production bonus scheme