Sappi

Sappi Employee Reviews

South Africa182 reviews
4,0
It a great company to work on.
There are sections whereby you feel at home by the way they treat and approach you. It is a company that is well driven and and try by all means to do the job accordingly.
2,0
I was a vacation student, I did administration work most of the time. This included mostly scanning piles of documents and sorting out service contract files.
High Speed Production Line
The Southern Africa Pulp and Paper Industry (Sappi) is a diversified work environment. The work can be quite demanding especially during breakdowns and shuts. Sappi offers regular developmental training to equip the workforce with the required knowledge tool.
Pros
Good Training Facilities
Cons
Exposure to Industrial hazard
5,0
Good company to work for.
They do give some training if needed, depending on the job you doing.l am sure anyone who is interested in further stading, they can assist.l can still join them if I get a chance.
Target driven workplace
My honest review of the company is that it is fair on staff, job security is high and proper legal steps are taken in terms of discipline.
I would comment that the shift worker can feel to be not a part of the fabric of the company though their role is crucial. Extra-curricular activities do not include the shift-worker as much as the day worker and one might end up feeling they are just a number in this big company.
Very good company
Sappi management very clear on the direction of the company. Clear objectives and goals. Makes worklife very easy and support on decision making. Markets in my division been down for a couple of years and improvement seems very far down the line
5,0
The greatest work place environment. Very effective management. Great atmosphere. The culture at Sappi Stanger mill is great
An excellent company with great benefits. Policies and procedures are great. One thee best companies to work for. It's like a family orientated company.
4,0
excellent company for skills development
I enjoyed my duration there and would go back if the chance was given.
I really gained alot of hands on experience on a number of Fitter tasks and objectives
5,0
Good learning and developmental workplace
I enjoyed practising what I was doing at college and learning more, different plants experience as well as meeting different people from different backgrounds. Learning the difference between maintenance artisan and manufacturing artisan the different traits of the two. It is a nice place to work in and the remuneration was and still is superb.
3,0
Not bad if you are white
It's very hard to be recognized in the company, growth and development is not excised. You'll have to be very luck to be seen or given a promotion with the qualifications and work experience.
4,0
A great environment to train and grow within the engineering vicinity.
I have learnt the maintenance aspect of engineering and how important it is in the manufacturing industry. I have gained emotional intelligence by working with different people across a spectrum of cultures and workmanship. Challenges I have faced is integrating from the University environment into the working environment. I enjoyed mostly the handling of projects as it teaches you a lot of things about engineering and project management.
5,0
Productive and fun work environment
The company is very great with great opportunities and growth with regards to career wise and management system is great.I really had a productive year.
SAPPI - The family company
My experience working at SAPPI was that this is a company that allows for growth within the company as well as the group.

By applying yourself you can advance far up the ladder of success. They offer learning opportunities within a person's job scope.
4,0
Working at sappi not only it is fun but it is also very productive in terms of experience growth, economically and most importantly it is environmentally friendly.
The people are friendly and always ready to give best learning experience anyone could possibly wish to have
Pros
Free lunches
2,0
Yes productive but there's no motivation at all
Sappi is a nice place to work but if both management and people on the floor they can meet up.
The management always complaining about the budget versus the work to be completed
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
Not really sure
Freedom with responsibility
Work is structured and policies and operating procedures are in place.
Each unit has its own unique culture.

There are competent managers to coach and mentor employees.
Cons
Red Tape
I'm loving working for Sappi
I'm loving working for Sappi
I have learned allot her in this 5 years of my stay, it's my first company to stay this longer than 5 years

I work as an IT Support Tech
5,0
Very productive and fun workplace
Working at sappi is the best opportunity anyone would be greatful for.Its a balancing company when it comes to work and personal life, I enjoy the benefits and personal development plan offered
Pros
Gifts on targets reached.
Cons
Rotating shift.
Well productive
Gender equality
No racism

Opportunity to discuss work issues

Problem solving

Promotion

Zero accident

Family responsibilities

Hygiene program

Respected
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
45hrs/w
Designing
General drawing office work
New software in the department

Checking drawings for jnr draughtsman

Associated with other department

When the design is not working

Work as a team
Pros
Normal time
2,0
Great working place i learned alot
Good place to learn and to manage your work with time and team work. Put safety first as they also ensure safety as the hiring company.......you get the chance to be exposed to other working environment as well and that what I liked most that the way of how the working environment should be