SAPREF

SAPREF Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

5,0
SAPREF plays a critical role in the society
SAPREF plays a critical role in the society.
Being owned by two oil companies, opportunities to progress in one's career exist.

Work life balance is good.
3,0
Working at Sapref gave me a lot of experience, working as a team. Hard working with benefits. I gained a lot.
I strongly believe that to achieve success in life one has to believe and have faith in themselves. I am a strong, hard worker, who's destined to fulfill a bright future. I am able to work on own initiative and as part of the team goal orientated. I enjoy working working with people and can quickly adapt myself in any kind of working. environment
4,0
Brother's keeper attitude and safe production.
The company provided away days/weekends for the employers to build team working spirit and to know one another outside work. We did field Behavioral Based Safey and Permit to Work audits to ensure Safey and also that the PTW system is followed. Procedures in place to execute work safely. Work is stopped when the work changes and new mitigation are put in place to prevent injury to people or damage to the equipment/environment. Safety is the number one priority.
Pros
Training they provide in the Company.
Cons
Long hours.
Petrochemical industry is interesting
I held various contract positions over a 9 year period - it was arewarding time as i got to learn a lot from the various dept's I worked - i even had depts fighting over me which made me feel very special and appreciated.
Pros
Flexible hours
Challenging but Exciting Enviroment
SAPREF is defiantly a place to look forward to going to every day. Each day poses a new challenge which I love. The excitement of shutdowns and urgent request is what I enjoy and which is what keeps my day going.
I have learnt allot from managing task and delivering under pressure.

During the shutdowns I had the opportunity of having a team under me which gave me the management experience I needed. Great to know that we delivered a successful shutdown year in and out.

The people at SAPREF are amazing to work with and defiantly all very helpful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have satisfied all my customers at the end of the day meeting all the refinery demands.
Pros
The perks
Cons
The long hours during the Shutdowns
Very strict about safety
Sapref is a great place to work some people make it a worth while place while others not so much to grow in sapref depends on you and the opportunity is there
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very strict
5,0
High paying company and friendly environment
Company is very welcoming and friendly. Workload sometimes is too much for one person to handle and this results in safety and quality being compromised.
Pros
Free lunches, gifts, incentives
Cons
Short breaks, working on weekends, less promotions
Productive and fun workplace
My project undertaken involved the monitoring of Energy performance on a unit level. I learned about the different processes on the SAPREF plant as well as new computer software.
Productive and fun place
Sapref is good company but when if you working there you need to be vigilant,focused at all time because it is a dangerous place with dangerous chemicals that can kill you like H2S,LEL,CO nd Nitrogen,work safe is the only way,follow the rules and regulations,wear full ppe all the time.if you are not sure stop and ask.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Long hours if there is breakdown or shutdown
Pontuality
One thing i like the most at sapref was the habit to be pontual, and been keen to learn also helps to achieve such goals.
learning from the most experience guys we were working with made me be what i am today, open mind to face new challenges
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
1 horas
5,0
productive and fun place to work at
:work under pressure and be a team leader in some other cases and also be responsible for the actions we take especial to secure the safety of colleagues a ensure ring ppe is worn at all times.
:be dedicated and punctuality plays a very important role, be trustworthy, inspect your work before

:be trustworthy to your collugues,team members and respect one another and work as a team to ensure the task is completed and time is money.

:safety first to co-workers and work as a team

;work under pressure and where you find that part are not ready for being installed or wrong part were ordered or misaligned.

:being a team player and making a mark on the job and safe precaution being taken
Pros
when working overtime free lunchies provided or being on a stand by
Cons
long overtime
productive, friendly environment
Great company to work for and learn from.Thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there and I wud jump at the oppurtunity to work in such an environment agian.
Pros
rewarded for working safely
Cons
Not enough responsibility given to the learners
5,0
there is club house for worker to work out, bar to hangout
They were paying me well, and I loved working there. Sadly its was for a project that ended. My contract was a fixed contract.
Pros
subsidies lunch everyday
Cons
12 hours
Great
Was an amazing experience working at SAPREF, the people were all friendly, and there is a lot to be learned. I learned how important inspection is for safety, and planning is for completing on time.

The hardest part of the job is working during shutdown phases as there is tremendous pressure, yet it was still exciting, and to be honest it was more exciting to wake up to go to work during the execution of the shutdown (Turnaround), than during the plan and preparation phase.

The most enjoyable part, was the whole team across the site being rewarded for safety. While the job is important, it is more important to go home safely to our families every day.
Good to work for
The company is a good to work for in terms of career development.

The Intergrety team is more supporting and provides guidance when required.
Hospitality
My first day at Sapref kept me wondering if l was really still on planet earth. The welcome we were embraced with is out of this world. The staff at large is friendly. Maybe the environment added more fun, the geographical location, infrastructure inclusive. One is driven to be engaged in a particular tasks because of the hospitality you will be given. l fully enjoyed working with my supervisors, chief engineers, they gave their time to teach us. Our workplaces were very user friendly and conducive. Everyday at Sapref was memorable one.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch
Productive and safety caucious Place
SAPREF is a place where safety is a number one priority and the rest follows. Always striving to stand out as the best crude oil refinery in South Africa.
Pros
discounted meals and free sometimes etc
Cons
long hours, hard work, esp during shutdowns.
5,0
A very good and productive environment cuducive to learning
Working at Sapref was a very beneficial experience for me and I was able to learn a lot from that short period at the company. The company itself operates very efficiently and I would definitely rate their work very positively. the working environment is very good, people are extremely friendly and always willing to help and teach others, as I did experience for myself.
4,0
Each Department has its own different style but generally good
- you have to hit the ground running in all departments, the work is quite steep but once you get into the swing of things its quite manageable and challenging.
- most enjoyable parts of my job is following through on tasks and making sure that my customers are satisfied

- there is still room for improvement in terms of ownership

- the company is going through some challenges at the moment, but generally a good organisation
Pros
Safe hours accomplishments means we get gifts
Cons
High pressure
Company
The job is demanding with long hours but worth the sacrifice , learning to deal with people from all walks of life is challenging but is also a learning experience.
Pros
Good pay
5,0
Largest Crude oil Refinery in South Africa (Shell and BP)
I have gained my skills as a process technician at SAPREF. I completed my Chemical Operators training at this facility.
Pros
excellent company to work for