Sasol Employee Reviews

5,0
Productive, fun and modern workplace
Project and Testing Resource (Former Employee) –  Sandton City23 May 2019
A typical day at Sasol begins with a SCRUM meeting at 9.00 AM.
After the SCRUM everybody reverts to their personal calendar as per the unique tasks they have to achieve on the day.
The use of virtual desktops, digital signatures and insistence that every IT person must be technically proficient with Office Productivity was a high standard I came across.
The staff are very adventurous because research and innovation is encouraged . I particularly enjoyed this aspect of the working environment. The hard part was getting acquainted to and applying their safety rules because they were unusually strict.
Pros
Gym and 7 different canteen areas with endless menus
Cons
A bit hard to know people because of flexible hours
electrical engineering (Former Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State16 May 2019
The work culture in the company leaves a lot more to be desired. Management style and attitudes towards employee's development and well being is something that I would love to see improved.
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng15 May 2019
Sasol is a great company to work, I really enjoyed my time at Sasol and would recommend people to at Sasol. The pay market related and salaries with great bonuses.
Pros
Flexible hours
1,0
Racism Culture
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga6 May 2019
The environment is not good for young people due non transformation and racism culture that undermines other ethnic groups .Black leaders don't have much power .
Pros
racism
Cons
bad culture
3,0
Challenging yet rewarding as you would expect from a multinational.
Senior Specialist: Strategic Sourcing SC (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga4 May 2019
Sasol is a dynamic company and affords you great exposure across the supply chain and operations. Therefore you would expect decisions to be made in this environment are tough and does challenges your cognitive thinking in problem solving.
Pros
13th Cheque plus production bonus.
Cons
Long Hours, sometimes unpaid.
Excellent job exposure
Learner miner (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga3 May 2019
SASOL is a great company to work for. They provide an in depth and broad experience to their work environment. Management is friendly and easy to get hold of
Pros
Well paying
Cons
Tough working conditions
4,0
working in some of the most harsh conditions
snr electro-mechanic (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga2 May 2019
Not a single day is the same in a underground mine.
There is always danger everywhere, but with the environment comes rules and regulations to keep one safe.
The Engineer and foreman always tried to keep a balance between the mining and engineering teams so that we could work better together to achieve our goals as a section
It is not always easy to fix up break downs due to the environment we were working in. water, mud, confined spaces, darkness, ect
The best part was after fixing up a breakdown, the mining department was motivated to produce coal.
Pros
monthly bonus and very good benifits
Cons
long hours under ground
5,0
It was fun working for sasol
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 April 2019
I was a good listener when coming to customers and its was so joyful for working for the company as well as the people i worked with they so good also
5,0
Opportunity to learn Work place.
Process/Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Secunda16 April 2019
I Picked up excellent process/maintenance problem-solving ability with High-Quality standards while working in a supervisory environment with SASOL (Production/Maintenance) and will be a contribution to any Company employing my service.
Pros
Economically established Work security.
Disciplined
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa29 March 2019
This organisation is very disciplined and strict as far as following procedure is concerned. Management are accessible and open for discussions and opinions. Unfortunately, the workplace culture is not very inviting when trying to gather information. Other employees feel threatened. Hardest part of the job was trying to get information from othetr functional areas to complete tasks. Employees feel insecure about sharing information. Most enjoyable part was the team I worked with. Being a temporary consultant for a short time did not allow me enough time to build a rapport with more people in the organisation.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Being treated as an outsider.
3,0
Good company to work for long term.
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga27 March 2019
Great company to work for. Amazing benefits. Very competitive remuneration packages. Slow on development and growth but efficient once momentum is gained.
Pros
A lot of company benefits.
Cons
Slow climb up the ladder.
fun workplace
mechanical fitter (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga24 March 2019
a typical day at work i enjoy working for Sasol cause its a productive and fun working workplace
Ive learned to be independent,be a team player,a brothers keeper and to follow safety procedures.
Manangement are always there to support the employers with anything they need
I always enjoy doing my job everyday
Pros
Free lunch when a good job has been done
Cons
Working long hours
Productive workplace
Shift Boss (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga6 March 2019
Every day was a good day
Learned a lot and good company in career development
Good management team
People working for this company knows what they are doing
Pros
Cons
No long hours except in an emergency
3,0
Safety is the most important thing
Operator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng27 February 2019
Working at Sasol Satellite Operations is fun because you get to know more people and their culture and get experience in operation Field. Just follow Sasol operation procedures
Cons
8 hours or 12 hours if under pressure
productive work place
Millwright under ground (Former Employee) –  Secunda27 February 2019
we were working 10 hours a day, working underground let you think of your own safety before you start your shift. The hardest part of the day was to let the machines run without any breakdowns.
High Performance/Fast Paced
Analytical Scientist (Current Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State13 February 2019
At Sasol your role category can differ from year to year, from an operational scientist to a sales and marketing projections for certain streams.

Adaptability and agility are key in our environment - and understanding why the business model can be fast. Distilling information to get to the bottom line that will ensure growth in the company is key.

Academia and Industry at its best.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
Remote area
5,0
Very sturctured and fun to work at
Senior Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State4 February 2019
Always looking after their personnel
very attractive salaries and packages\
best office environment to work in
it offers the best medical and pension a company can give
Pros
shares
Production
Artisan (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng31 January 2019
I have done Civil Engineering in Carpentry as well also trained as carpenter and was issued with certificate of that which has various task done on training which is stated on the certificate that I have included.I also worked at Sasol as an Artisan responsible for the carpentry work in the building,My duties were coordinating building maintenance projects allocated to us ,make sure that were done first time accurate and report on them.
Pros
non-contractor
Cons
non-contractor
Good Company to work for
Manger (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 January 2019
I enjoyed working for Sasol as a fuel manager. I learned alot on how to deal with difficult customers. We were a team and all worked well together. A Typical day at work would be to change shifts, make sure all is running smoothly and if you know what you doing the work is easy
Pros
Petrol Allowance
Cons
Work shifts but the hours are not bad
productive and fun workplace
Safety Watcher (Former Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State28 January 2019
I enjoy working at Sasol a lot. The treatment is nice and the number of hours worked is suitable for me. I would like to be a permanent here after my contract expires.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
Normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sasol. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1