Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 2 981 reviews
3,0
Nice family culture to work in
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng24 May 2018
Whilst at this company, I traveled to a lot of places within such a short of time. I was also able to launch various projects within the SADAC region.Unfortunately, their lead time was too long for the products I was managing and the access to energy campaign didn't really take off as it was expected.
Pros
Global company with qualitative products
Cons
Lack of support from local management when it comes to access to enegy
Productive and Enjoyable
MRP CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 October 2017
A typical day for me at SESA starts from 8am to 16:30.
I work at a very busy environment, where I am between chasing deadlines, getting stock and running up and down between the stores and my desk. It can get very busy, but I love what I do.

I believe management is not what it should be and I am not please with it, but regardless I am obedient and do follow instructions well.
The workplace culture is amazing, I am situated at the workshop and work with amazing workshop people that are hard workers and very friendly.

There are challenges that go with my job, that is what makes it interesting, and I honestly feel like I need new challenges. I enjoy everything that has to do with my job
Pros
Independance
Productive and fun workplace
Foreign Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng11 June 2017
A typical workday, includes accounts reconciliation, capturing of invoices and following up on supplier queries and age analysis.

The company gave me exposure to Foreign creditors and accounting functions outside my job scope.

The workplace culture was unique and fun.

The hardest part of the job was getting other departments, especially logistics to adhere to finance procedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to attend Reserve bank seminars on compliance with regards to imports and export reporting.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Year end closing
Work
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng11 April 2017
Typical day at work will be sorting queries and dealing with customers. Mostly I deal with the Return goods Credits, loading of discounts and general problem solving situations. We have a diverse culture here at Schneider and work as a team when the job needs to get done. The team effort makes the hard work worth it at the end of the day.
High performance
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 March 2017
Very high performance and multi cultural environment. Best practices and LEAN SIX Sigma was a part of everyday life. Good environment to learn and develop.
High Performance Company
Executive Assistant and CSI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 January 2017
Interesting and exciting. Always learning new projects
you never stop learning
open door policy
flexible and high performance organisation
working with different people from all levels
2,0
Graveyard effect
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  JHB12 January 2017
most demotivating work environment
draining of energy once you enter the work space
no team spirit
unchallenging
unfriendly and unhelpful employees
Pros
nothing
Cons
unhappy overall environment
3,0
Good
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng26 December 2016
Schneider Electric is a good company to work for.Gaining a lot of experience in Meduim and low voltage Circuit Breakers.Also learned how to interact and communicate with different people due to mostly working at different companies.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Work outside RSA
5,0
Extremely happy and friendly environment.
Senior Credit Controller (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng6 October 2016
Checking bank statements every day with application of payments.
Management approachable and helpful,
Co-workers a fantastic group.
Dealing with difficult clients.
Achieving my goals every day.
Pros
Getting together with co-workers on team building activities
Big exposure
Marketing & Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng27 June 2016
International company
Travel Opportunities
Team working
Learned how to manage a large budget & ROI monitoring
Full IMC coverage (integrated marketing solutions)
Understanding Public Relations in Industrial space
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Additional development
4,0
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Midrand Gauteng South Africa20 June 2016
Every day is a new challenge,work with different people at different companies,gain alot of experience in MV switchgear
4,0
I really enoy what I do and just would like to take it to another level or different area and grow more.
Warehouse Administrator (Current Employee) –  GP30 September 2015
I work very hard and in most cases I work till late to make sure I ran all the reports and the job is done for the day.I have learnt a lot as I have worked in all the departments stating by Receiving,Picking and Packing and Despatch.I have a very good relationships with my co-workers and learnt a lot from them as well.The hardest part of the job is when I have to work very late due to workload and finding my kids sleeping.But I always make sure I give myself time to spend with them.The most enjoyable part of the work is when I receive complements from my manager saying the cusomers are happy.Then I know that it is the effort that I put for the stock to release and get to the customer on time and I know that the on time delivery(OTDS and OTDC) will be 96%.
Pros
We do have braai's when we did well just to thank the staff.
Cons
Long hours that we work can only be until 20:00 at night and weekends.
Very productive
Quality Assurance/Warranties/Enquiries Consulted (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GP/ JET PARK14 July 2015
Schneider was a very good company to work for i was hopping their would give me a permanent position after my two year contract expired.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Weekends over time
Secure and consistant
Field Engineer/ Site Manager (Current Employee) –  SSE Network (Southern Region)6 July 2015
A typical day consists of myself giving a tool box talk and the days tasks to the fitters, ensuring correct method statements and risk assessments are filled in, the correct PPE is being worn and the right materials are on site. Once that is completed the fitters and myself will work through the days tasks.
Since becoming a site manager I have learned how to take responsibility of sites and to organise time efficiently.
The hardest part of my job is having the confidence to stand up in front of a group.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working along side everyone and know we have completed a job to the best of our abilities.
Pros
Security within Job
Cons
Contracted hours
Field service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, GP8 January 2015
hardest part of the job is the process that is not suited for all customer types, the lea time on spares is frustrating.

the best part of the day is being able to see the satisfaction on a clients face when their UPS is up and running and that their data centres have protection
Automation Engineer
Automation Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, GP18 January 2014
I have more than 9 years experience in the field of automation Industry. I have spent the first 3 years of my career specializing in SCADA Engineering, as a result, I became an expect in the Adroit SCADA. I then moved to Hatch where I stayed for 3 years and have gained a lot of international experience in plant commissioning; systems automation and plant operational support from countries like DRC; Chile; Madagascar. I then joined Systems Anywhere where I was commissioning at Great Basin Gold mine, after that project I moved to Schneider Electric where I am currently working as an Automation Project Engineer. I worked on systems like Citect SCADA; Adroit SCADA; RSview SCADA; Wonderware Archestra(limited experience); RSLogix 5000 PLC; M340 PLC(Unity Pro); Mitsubishi GX developer PLC and PlantStruxure.
3,0
Schneider is a very fun working place but growth is needed in other companies.
Shipping Administator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP20 November 2013
My day becomes very hectic when receiving a lot stock from different suppliers and I have learnt a lot throughout Schneider and my co-workers,especially my manager.My hardest part of my job is durin month end when all the files need to be matched for payments but at the end of the day i manage to finish everything on time because I am really dedicated to my job and I would like to perform my duties as promised.
Pros
I only take 30 minutes lunch and sometimes 1 hour lunch on Fridays
Cons
I work overtime when I have a lot of work to do
1,0
very quite & productive
Employee (Former Employee) –  middelburg7 August 2012
I was filling in for the receptionist, so i had to keep myself busy, i assited where i could, and always trying to do my best.
Cons
i didnt have much to do