Sedgman Limited Employee Reviews

1,0
High turnover in staff and a lot of in fighting
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 November 2018
Sedgman is a fairly average Engineering company with a few offices around the world.

The head office in Brisbane is a very close knit place.

There is the normal office politics and cliques and rivalries between them so if you are not in with the right managers its hard to get on.

The Perth office has a reputation for a high turnover in staff as engineers move on to other companies who are hiring after a while as the team environment is not very good.
Pros
Nothing special
Cons
Lots of office politics and in-fighing between groups
5,0
Excellent company to work for
Site Electrician / Operator maintainer (Current Employee) –  Agnew WA13 November 2017
Unfortunately the plant I was working on was bought by the client so Sedgman lost the contract to Crush, however during my time at Sedgman I found they were great to work for, supporting a excellent work culture of safety and teamwork and during the transition period have been extremely professional and supportive. Overall a great bunch of guys to work with.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Stability in career
5,0
12 hr day toolbox task crushing plant dust noise learn to make adjustment to
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  macarthur river9 February 2016
reach target report any safety issue safety was a big topic for management getting on with work mates my job as shilf supervisor was to take tool box the safety running off crushing plant meet production target
Pros
good camp
4,0
Relaxing place to work, people mostly easy to get along with
Process/Estimating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milton, QLD1 April 2013
A little too relaxed in my personal opinion.

Does not want to improve much upon outdated processes to match international standards.

A little too comfortable to their position as the coal leader in terms of engineering expertise and not aggressive enough in winning the market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgman Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0