Serono Employee Reviews

Vibrant and Ambitious
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Europe9 July 2019
Great people with a good work/life balance.
A company that is investing in digitisation and people.
5,0
Great company
Senior Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MA6 July 2019
Best job I’ve had and company I’ve worked for. My opinion matters and have been able to make changes in the culture of the company with my ideas and visions.
Cuidado con la directiva
Health economics manager (Former Employee) –  Madrid provincia5 July 2019
El problema es que está dirigida por gente muy jerárquica, que se creen de “otra pasta” y que para colmo obvian el simple hecho de que para que ellos llegaran donde están no hubo tantos méritos detrás. Buenos apellidos, inteligentes (no digo que no!), pero ya pertenecían desde pequeños a una pequeña élite. Así (prácticamente) cualquiera! Hubo mérito? Sí, ma non tropo!

Lo único que pido es que la gente reconozca su suerte y haga un ejercicio de humildad, así se tratará con más respeto al resto.
Pros
Salario
Cons
Directiva (al menos algunos)
Mal ambiente laboral
Electrical Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Ciudad Juárez, Chih.26 June 2019
Mal ambiente laboral entre empleados y jefe era muy prepotente.
Poor management and overworked
Computer Operations Analyst Process Automation (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA25 June 2019
As a contractor, for 6 years I never got hired. Poor management through out the whole company. Alot outsourcing. Disorganized. I enjoy working either colleagues that is it.
Everyone is overworked. Hierchy don't care for employees opinion. They just want you to do the job to make them look good..
Brief Summary
Key Account Manager, Neurology & Immunology (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 June 2019
Good place to work and spent the bulk of my career here. Took advantages of promotions that were offered to me, and enjoyed working with colleagues and our customers.
Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MA10 June 2019
EMD is a good place to work, but all shared services jobs were outsourced to the Phillipines after I left. Certain departments are better than others regarding communication.
Pros
good work / life balance
Cons
communication between functional areas is not great
4,0
Buena empresa para desarrollarse en el sector farmaceutico
Human Resources Director for Merck Venezuela (Former Employee) –  Caracas, Distrito Capital28 May 2019
Es una empresa muy grande a nivel mundial de la cual aprendi mucho
Pros
Sector Farmaceutico
Cons
En Venezuela se redujo a su minima expresion
3,0
State of the art facility
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA 0180323 May 2019
Good place to work, constantly changing organization. Room for professional growth. The people are friendly. Close to many amenities. Global company. Good bonuses.
Waste of Time
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI20 May 2019
As a supervisor you can't make the "right" decision. Work life balance is poor, the company doesn't appreciate the employees at the supervisor level but will bend over backwards for hourly employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
upper management, work life balance
Application Managment
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Darmstadt20 May 2019
Ich wurde sehr nett und hilfsbereit aufgenommen,
Meine einarbeitung war sehr präzise, zeitaufwendig erklärt und gezeigt.
5,0
Excellent for student internships
Marketing Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA12 May 2019
This company is great for student internships. Employees of all ages treated me like an equal even though I was decades younger with much less experience.
Cons
timezone conflicts with global coworkers
Management Needs Improvement
Medical Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2019
I had terrific colleagues who were supportive and willing to help train new staff. When new procedures, software, etc. was being rolled out, lunch and learn training sessions were arranged. The day to day tasks was never the same and each day brought a new and interesting task.

Management was not in tune with staff as managers had their own agenda and it was not necessarily building a strong team. Managers were too focused on their own goals and not working with their direct reports to help achieve theirs.

My hope is there are new managers who support and build strong teams.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Management Team
Fun please to work
Medical Writing Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MA20 April 2019
Highly competent, fast pace work environment. Great work life balance. Colleagues are very friendly and responsive. Summer hours policy to work abbreviated week
Pros
Free lunches, ice cream truck
1,0
Low moral and very stressful
Maintenance & Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL17 April 2019
As a supervisor I was paid less base salary than my techs plus the techs received OT & DT. Management pushes too hard with unreasonable deadlines. Stay away from salary positions. Upper management does not care how many hours a day you have to work. As long as you get the job done. No very family oriented in this manner. I spent many 10 hour days there only to go home and work more from home. Salary positions at this company create a lot of health issues.
Pros
food brought in a lot
Cons
too stressful
Good benefits
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA11 April 2019
Benefits are good. Mission keeps changing. promotes internal people. Had a good global culture. I had a good opportunity to travel. Struggling to diversify their products.
Benefits
Cons
Dealing with HQ
Its ok
Process Development Scientist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA11 April 2019
I was only a contractor their and my experience was not a good one. I was never given clear instructions and timelines. Never knew who the end user was. The position I was in was offer to another person full time (They were friends with my supervisor) I was never offered it
Excelente empresa
International Purchase Analyst (Former Employee) –  Panamá25 March 2019
Excelente empresa, oportunidades para crecimiento, buen ambiente laboral cargado de retos y de opciones de crecimiento
Pros
beneficios
Cons
riesgos del pais fuera de control por parte de la empresa
They wont last long.
Engine Test Technical Engineer, Engine (Former Employee) –  Illinois14 March 2019
Its down from 25,00 employees to about 1100.
Management is the worst I have ever seen, training is non existent.

When I was there I was told that they had designed a new engine for the Chinese and the Chinese were very unhappy with it because they were under the impression that it was a new technology of "Clean Burn" emissions. When I tested this engine it was a very dirty engine and they had to install huge catalytic converters on it.

Anyone who confronts the management is fired on the spot.
Pros
Cant think of any pros, sorry
Cons
Too many to list here
Biased promotional system
Machine Operator/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO7 March 2019
Promotions are based on a buddy-buddy system regardless of your experience. I have never worked at a place where buddies are promoted over skill factor, so if you don't know or are connected to the right people, be prepared to just float along. Company is too worried about "joining committees and attending non-related meetings' than doing your work.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Buddy-buddy promotional system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serono. Our community is ready to answer.

3,8Work/Life Balance