Shell Employee Reviews

Found 284 reviews matching the search See all 7 191 reviews
Inclusive and fun
Customer Operations Coach Lead (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 January 2020
Check- ins assist to set tone for the day gave a sense of CARE. Listen, Ask questions and agree on way forward. Clear deliverables and targets. Managing stakeholders expectations with minimal resources. Reward performance and encouraging continoues improvement.
Poor managent
cashier (Former Employee) –  Shell ultra city midrand,benshoeman hiway29 December 2019
Working at shell was the most exciting moment of my life . The only problem was management. They hv poor managing skills.Cashiers wre treated very bed
cashier (Former Employee) –  Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal17 December 2019
It was a good environment , I learnt a lot there being a cashier. I've learnt to work as team, share ideas . we worked day and night shifts. The management towards us were supporting and understanding. Also learnt that the customer is always right.
5,0
Shell is a good company to work for,as I learn to deal different types of customers,the only time that give more challenging is December holidays.
petrol attendant (Current Employee) –  Umzinto, KwaZulu-Natal5 December 2019
Working at shell is great,the only problem is that there is no growth, you end up getting bored with what you're doing. If you are a multitask person it not good to work at shell.
4,0
Just a pity we got retrenched
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  CAPETOWN4 December 2019
Due to retrenchment our company closed in Cape Town.

It was really unfortunate as the company and culture was awesome.

Retrenchment was the main course of the closure.
Productive and fun workplace
petrol attendant (Former Employee) –  Ga-Rankuwa, Gauteng3 December 2019
Shell was fun workplace the only issue was the salary wasn't enough for me to take care of myself and my family. Otherwise working at shell was great experience for me, and the people i worked with were create to interact with. I don't mind if i can get another opportunity at a different shell.
4,0
Shell is a very good company with great service
Petrol attendant (Former Employee) –  Heidedal, Bloemfontein1 December 2019
Shell is a good company. A normal day at work can hold a lot of new adventures in, with this I have learned how to deal with difficult situations and customers. The management at Shell is excellent and makes that the culture at the company improves day by day and gives all the employees a good environment to work in. There comes times at Shell were you have to put in your level best during rush hour but it's great fun at the same time.
2,0
fast paste environment
mechendiser (Former Employee) –  Samrand, Gauteng28 November 2019
very challenging working environment.working long hours.we used to promote a product each and everyday when your selling.getting incentive everymonth if you the target.
5,0
it was a fun working environment bu the hours was too long and it limited any social life. there was no replacement people for when you were sick or h
Petrol attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cashier25 November 2019
the overall work environment was very fruitful and everybody there worked as a team including management. the problem was that there are no growth opportunities
2,0
Its a place for school leavers. After completing grade 12
Petrol Attendant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 November 2019
12 hour shift standing all day long, with minimum wage. That doesn't help to build a family and meeting needs, worst place to work ever, since the is no room for growth they don't even have channels, to build yourself.
Great experience ever
cashier (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape15 November 2019
Staff was United with the owners loughing a lot and even spending more time with management was always on point,I did really love working there,if the chance can come again I will grab it with both hands.
exhausting
Petrol attendant (Former Employee) –  Kenneth Kaunda St Noordstat, N1, Bloemfontein, 930113 November 2019
I enjoyed working at Shell garage, though my employment there was quit brief. The only problem I had with working there was the hours and remuneration however the tips we received from customers for cleaning their windscreens and checking tyre pressures went a long way in assisting.
4,0
Good working environment and team work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2019
I have learned to multi-task. I have managed to work under no supervision. We worked as a team more especially when we were short staff. The hardest part was when the customer needs something but it sold out. The most enjoyable moment was when we won mystery marker 3 times in a row and received certificates. Management was not considerate when it comes to bbooking staff
1,0
Racist.Inhumane.unhygenic. unstable
Admin (Former Employee) –  Hennopspark, Gauteng21 October 2019
Extremely racist management.Inhuman working conditions.Unhyhenic kitchen and toilets.Work contract not in line with basic employment act.Staff hate their job but are forced to work there cos they cant find other job opportunities as phone usage is prohibited and hours are long.Management scream at staff and accuse them falsely.Management dont appreciate you understanding their language cos nothing can be hidden from you.
monitored on camera 24/7.Forced to do tasks that dont fit the job description which is advertised.traininig provided is vague and unhelpful as you are victimised if you ask questions.Best to avoid this place at all costs.
Good company
cashier (Former Employee) –  Hammanskraal, Gauteng19 October 2019
I worked at Shell for a period of 7 years,i worked there as cashier. It was such a wonderful experience working there my employees where very good people.
3,0
i have enjoy working at shell garage and i miss their
petrol attendant (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng19 October 2019
at shell garage i learned to work with diffarent people customers, some i funny and some i freindly. the days that i enjoy most is monday to friyday cos those days i receive tips from customers.
Fast and inpressing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 October 2019
I was very impresing working at shell. Management was good. The staff team who are working as a petrol agency was doing well. Shell is one of the best garage i know.
Productive workplace
Sales Assistants (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape17 October 2019
it is a fun place to work for, although there are some things that needs to be fixed to keep the employees happy e.g salary. and it also needs to employ more workers.
job experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rondebosch, Western Cape14 October 2019
Inlove with my job and love the people whom i work with
great energy and never a dull moment
love my boss to the bitz

not your everyday boss , shes amazing
3,0
The most enjoyable of the job, is knowing your product like shell v- power different lubrication of different cars
Petrol attended (Current Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape1 October 2019
Shell is one of the most recommen company it provides big companys with fuel and lubrication is like a soccer team it's technical partner with scuderia Ferrari