Shell Employee Reviews in Bloemfontein, Free State

4,0
Shell is a very good company with great service
Shell is a good company. A normal day at work can hold a lot of new adventures in, with this I have learned how to deal with difficult situations and customers. The management at Shell is excellent and makes that the culture at the company improves day by day and gives all the employees a good environment to work in. There comes times at Shell were you have to put in your level best during rush hour but it's great fun at the same time.
2,0
fun work place
A typical day would be clocking at 07:00am, counting a float for the day. Communication and numeracy skill have improved. Management and co-workers are supportive.Long hours is the hardest part of my work and meeting new people its the most enjoyable part of my job, in most times we tend to learn so much form customers
Pros
friendly environment
1,0
friendship with other workers
It was Good before I loose my job,since I was in my Jop,I work thru day and night, but I was chased without any profisiant fund,so since than,I was at music till now
Pros
i never had a Free lunch, at shell garage
Cons
10 to 12 hours
5,0
Productive and continous development and training
Morning I prefer routine tasks and later in the afternoon I prefer learning environment, challenges etc.
I have learnt that today is not the same as yesterday, there is no perfect business day and that in every challenge there lies an opportunity, I am much stronger, aware of business dynamics holistically.

Human resource is the most difficult sphere of any organization but if it is managed holistically....spiritually, emotionally,mentally and physically it alleviates the pressure.

The hardest part of my job is Human Resources, you can never confirm a human being.

The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching the set target, in a dynamic retail environment I am in the next day is never predictable and reaching target is not as simple as it appears but after the hardwork,planning.....the moment you reach your target is PRICELESS plus it serves as a motivation.
Pros
Goodie bag
Very fun
always a breeze to go to work and providing services to customers. beacause a happy customer will always come back for more and quality service. I've learnt to understanding better of the Batho Pele principle "Motho ke Motho ka Batho", basically meaning that we need one another to better ourselves and improve our standars of living.
Pros
Having a supportive manager who's door is always open to listen to us
Cons
Working Night shift. because it takes a long time before one can give quality service
5,0
there was nothing funny about working in the garage
it was a good place to be until i realize that i don't belong here. the job that will take you 5years and after that you do not know anything is not what i need.
Pros
the lunch had no time.
Cons
13 hours a day
3,0
Good for People skills
Here I had the chance to meet and interact with people from all walks of life.
Pros
best place to learn customer care, hands-on
5,0
in night shift we all know that people are sleeping we getting chance to relax.
as i am working on weekends only i find no challenges especial in night shifts. in this job am learning more different characters of people, know that it prepares me for the coming journey.
Pros
no free lunches at all
Cons
they are good because i am a student they motivate me not to quit a school.