Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 31 March 2020

Shell Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

3,0
Shell it's just good company
Working at Shell company isn't a hard thing,you just have to be calm and know how to speak to customers. Do your work properly and respect others.Work as a team.
4,0
Fast and inpressing
I was very impresing working at shell. Management was good. The staff team who are working as a petrol agency was doing well. Shell is one of the best garage i know.
5,0
Be effective at all times and it always busy at Shell so at all times there's no happy hours but its a safe and fun place to work at,it's always clean
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
No long hours
Good Company to work for . Looks after employees
Shell is a wonderful company to work for. About 80 percent of my experience ids from Shell. I still miss Shell , if there is way I would go back to Shell.The salaries were good . Training was provided. The culture was not so good but much better than other companies.
Pros
Education assistance, Housing assistance, good salaries
Cons
Hard to get promotions because people dont leave this company
productive and learnt alot
dealing with customers daily and assisting them with any problems.
managing staff and shifts

training staff of health and safety in the workplace

admin duties and invoicing tasks.

manage day to day operations.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non
Productive with good people
Nampak was a fast pace environment. There was always great opportunities to apply your mind / capabilities / skill set in a modern and fast growing production environment.
Pros
Free meals
5,0
Fast Pace, productive and fun work place
Shell is a great company to work for. They have strong ethics and values and great opportunity to grow as an individual. You have great the opportunities to see the world.
Pros
Opportunity to travel the world
Exciting and Accomplishing
A challenging environment that allows you to maximize your potential. Meeting people from different ethnic groups that share different views helps one to become more knowledgeable about the world around us. Everyday is turned into a learning experience be it big or small.
Pros
Excellent team work among colleagues.
Cons
Exposure to theft and criminal activity
4,0
Productive and a great part-time job.
It was a great learning experience that taught me skills and customer service experience that I will continue to utilise in my forthcoming jobs. It is a fun, energetic, and enjoyable company that is great to start out at.
3,0
garages are open to risk
Petrol service and a select store. Maintenance of the store
Had to be always clean, customer friendly. Stock maintenance. Proper and good customer service
Cons
12 hours
5,0
Too much training - productive and also fun ( xmas parties , birthday parties)
Shell is a very good company to work for . They really look after their employees. They pay well , They train well.Most of the working plus personal skills I acquired from Shell
Pros
free lunches, free shirts, free caps, lot of travelling
Cons
Long hours - month end only
1,0
Enjoyed working at the company which kept me motivated to do more.
I focussed on the task on hand and led by example showing colleagues and trainees my hands on approach.Grew and developed myself winning the confidence and support of senior management.Being a multi-national company there were policies and guidelines to be followed.
Pros
Very good company to work for.
Cons
Can get intimidated by colleagues who are negative.
5,0
I'm in good health as we do our check ups at our clinic and that makes me so productive and enjoy working at my company
My day is always a good day because I'm working with the most supportive team where we share our challenges and work towards them to accomplish our goal as a team. I've learned so much in Accounts Payable as many companies work differently and management styles differs I've to adapt and make a significant contribution to whatever I do. The hardest part it's when suppliers phones directly your Manager and reports that you don't want to pay them whereas they have submitted their invoices late.
The most enjoyable it's when I've not lost any discounts, negotiated more discounts and have paid my suppliers on time and met my deadlines
Pros
To be recognised for a job well done
Cons
TO do filing at month end instead of filing everyday
Productive and fun workplace
Dealing with customers and very enriching regarding customer ralation skills and interpersonal skills. The management is fair but yet strickt when needed, open and warm. Co - workers where funloving and serious people, got along very well. The most difficult part of the job is keeping your head when it's very busy like month - end or with a fuel increase. Those times can be very hectic and demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you actually get positive feed back from customers on a job well done.
Productive.
Full of fun and challenges while being productive at work.Front line leading works better and time management on microsoft desk.
Pros
Good team members.
Cons
Long hours.
productive n funworkplace
It has been wonderful working for shell it has given me a platform to improve my self to improve and empower myslf .iam the first woman whose eved worked at their production plant atleast their trying to improve on gender equality every one has been helpful through out from management to chemical operators who have become family
Pros
free lunches and vouchers
productive
the work shifts, the work has a lot of things to learn from. the management staff they are good people. my co-workers they are like family to me. the hardest right now is that the are no more challenges and new things to learn. the most enjoyable part is that we work as a team.
Pros
when there meetings