Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 31 March 2020

Shell Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Fast paced
Great benefits and good overall working culture. However, limited opportunities to progress and be promoted. The workplace culture is generally good. It is a good place to start your career.
Its a good company
The job teaches you how to deal with customers n how to react n control urself its also a great big company that nationally recognized n proudly to work under shell shadow
2,0
Its a place for school leavers. After completing grade 12
12 hour shift standing all day long, with minimum wage. That doesn't help to build a family and meeting needs, worst place to work ever, since the is no room for growth they don't even have channels, to build yourself.
Great company
Love working at this organization , it has a great history of performance and always attracts the most talented people. Their commitment to safety is also second to none.
Great Company to work for
Attending various meetings : sales meeting, customer meetings, Inter-departmental meetings.
Project Management: new assets implementation.

Budgeting control
Pros
Cellphone and travel Allowance
Cons
Lengthy approval process
People development is crucial
Safety is a major subject and people development is key to Shell. They offer a good salary and growth is a prime. Employee get rewarded through awards.
Pros
Top management visibility
4,0
It was a great oppotunity much appreciated
It is always an hounor working with different culture and most different people u learn to get to know everyone and get deal with different customers and as well as handling them
Pros
No benefits
Cons
12hours daily
5,0
nice company to work for
8 to 4 job, nice worklife balance and opportunity of working in the global company. employee recognition is another perk. company is currently based in Johannesburg.
Job Satisfaction
High customer interaction daily
One of the biggest sites in JHB

Over 95 staff members

Great customer service

A new learning every day

Hardest part was long working hours
No production and Growth
I've learn a lot about safety and goal zero at work and home but there's no growth or development .I need a job that I can develop and grow. Working in this company is good thing to everyone because most people wish to work for the company but the problem is management.
Pros
No Free lunches
Cons
Working Shifts
4,0
Global company with sufficient opportunities
An excellent organisation to work for with global opportunities to qualifying candidates. Shell helps one to learn international standards and be able to use these to differentiate themselves from competitors in the market. The organisational culture was good growth prospects were always available within the organisation.
Pros
Vast opportunities for growth and challenges
Cons
Cannot disclose
safe work station
I worked for months and learned more each day, even though i just a casual receptionist i was also involved in the company- i also attend meetings and training.
4,0
Great company to work for
Great work life balance, salary and benefits but with the reorganisation has limited advancement and promotion opportunities.

In my role provided with great autonomy and support.
Fun and very productive , kind staff ,great boss
I had a great experience working there . The employer stresses on punctuality . He is considerate and always gives us attention if we have a problem . He solves all problems himself and he is there on a daily basis .
Pros
December 16 brain
Cons
Hard work
3,0
I must come early to prepare my day
I love Monday mostly because is the day where I have meeting with team for half hour to communicate the client's priorities i do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized.

I Learned that when you are organized,everything will go smoothly.

Client is a king.

Make sure that we have enough staff so we can meet our clients needs.

When suppliers do not deliver on time and clients are not happy.

When we meet our clients needs and satisfication
Pros
Advatanges
Cons
Disavantages
4,0
Profesional Company with high ethical standards.
Fun company to work for. Encouraged to think freely and innovative. Mininmal interference from management, however were supportive and were there when needed.
Pros
Company Car, Expense Account.
Cons
Retrenched due to BEE.
3,0
it was a fun working enviroment
I have learn a lot cleanliness customer service n being independent its was very good working there if I can get another chance I can go back without thinking twice
Pros
bonuses
Productive and social place
Shell Noordgesig is a very busy service station with long working hours. Though it has long working hours, we (cashiers) get to meet and socialise with different kinds of people and get to understand their attitude towards the company. The hardest part of the job is having to work alone on month-end, which requires a high level of energy and concentration. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my supervisors delegate some of their tasks to me and working as a team to solve a problem/s.
Pros
incentives
Cons
long working hours
un productive
a typical day at work isnt all that bad.
i learnt alot,such as cashing up,stock taking and ordering

the hardest part was pouring the diesel into vehicles because of the smell after that.
Pros
nothing
Cons
under paid
Best petroleum company in South Africa
Top leading Petroleum company.
Working in a diversified environment.

Honesty is the policy

Communication between management and stuff was excellent and kept everyone in open about any changes, improvements with the organization.
Supply and Distribution
Shell SA is one of the best petroleum companies.
In this company I have attained so many skills. Working with diverse cultures is one of best experiences I received. Respect and Honesty is a must have in this organization. Safety comes first, all else comes after. There is work life balance at Shell.

They are always looking for ways to upgrade the stuff. There is constant communication within the management and employees. Shell is the leading petroleum company in South Africa.