Shell Employee Reviews in Midrand, Gauteng

Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 7 329 reviews
5,0
Poor managent
cashier (Former Employee) –  Shell ultra city midrand,benshoeman hiway29 December 2019
Working at shell was the most exciting moment of my life . The only problem was management. They hv poor managing skills.Cashiers wre treated very bed
5,0
Car wash attendant (Former Employee) –  Midrand Gauteng12 March 2018
Working with people, meaning that the customer is always right.
Hard working with long hours especially in car wash.
Birthday celebrations always reunites us as colleagues.
The hardest part of the job was on weekends.. More people means more cars.
working as a team, made our job easier and fast too. So it was the most enjoyable part of the job.
3,0
Customer Service
Cashier and Petrol Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng Midrand3 August 2017
I worked as a cashier and petrol attendant for almost 6 years.I learned that working with customers you you must be a patient person with a smile all the time.
Pros
Bonuses
4,0
productive and fun
Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng19 January 2017
a typical day at work is getting to work with those customers who are either impossible to work with or those who doesn't even care about your efforts with this kind of job u get to learn how to be very patient and polite, better communication and smiling even if there is none to smile about. the management is very professional looking only for results with a very noisy and vibrant culture there is just every reason to deliver with no excuses, if there is anything hard about the job is the hassle one has to endure in order to reach daily targets with a lot of communication and socializing all around you it make the job enjoyable at all times
Pros
lot of prizes to be won
3,0
Being a good payroll clerk takes focus,determination,punctual and hard work.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng15 November 2012
Firstly i should say working at shell was a good experience and enjoyable.Actually i had to learn my work as quickly as possible in order catch up with momentum of the whole administration office of payroll though inexperienced by the time.I had to learn how to calculate employees hours using clock cards,time sheet and clockings downloaded from turbo time machine as quick as possible.I had to learn what i should print from payroll report and according to their guideline, and how to print payslips.In fact i had to learn how wages,salaries,overtime,public holiday,nightshifts,notice pay and bonuses are calculated manually.Frankly i had co-workers who were good team players and supportive,and that include management too.The most enjoyable part of the job was when i had to put employees' hours onto the VIP system and print payslips and knowing that i had successfully did my payroll and there no any mistake.Before i conclude,one day at work it happened that clock cards were not corresponding with the time sheet and i opted to use the clock cards only and without communicating with site manager as i should because of time constrain that i was under.After had completed everything and submitted my payroll to supervisor,he found out that in fact i have underpaid the whole shift and it was almost knockoff time and i had to re-do everything,it was so stressing that day and i called it "Another Bad Day At Work"...............
Pros
free lunch, incentives, bonuses and training.
Cons
lot of pressure
4,0
I have learnt more about meeting different people
SALES PERSON (Current Employee) –  MIDRAND BEN SCHOEMAN N13 November 2012
Through working with shell garage have exposed me to different kinds of customers and I will use the concepts and skills in another job
Pros
self provided lunch