Shell Employee Reviews

Found 289 reviews matching the search See all 7 358 reviews
Productive and satisfying
Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng17 September 2018
I have learned to work with different types of people everyday. The management made the days great, by making the workplace like a home for me. I had to resolve many requests from the workers and clients.
Pros
Cons
Place closed down
4,0
enjoyed the large corporate culture
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 August 2018
processed monthly payroll. my expertise at tax calculations and related salary calculations was identified and I was then given opportunities to enhance that skill
Benefits
5,0
nice company to work for
HR Proximate Assistant - Senior HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 August 2018
8 to 4 job, nice worklife balance and opportunity of working in the global company. employee recognition is another perk. company is currently based in Johannesburg.
4,0
Great company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE QUALITY ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 July 2018
Shell is a great company , well structured and organized. I leant ethical behavior and how to avoid conflict of interest. I came with a lot of new ideas.
4,0
Its been fun because i'v leant to deal with defference customers.
Petrol Attendent (Former Employee) –  Idutywa, Eastern Cape19 July 2018
It was verry challenging especial in winter but its been great because, i'v leant about a castomer service. Management was so friendly and supportive.
Pros
We had no problem buying our own lunch as we did not get it from the company.
Cons
I was used to that, (standing long hours) as we were working 8 hours a day.
Too long ago
Bulk Fuels Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 July 2018
This was purely an office job. This is too much information required for I left this company in 199 already. I have no idea of what is going on as they head office located to JHB.
Pros
too long ago
Cons
too long ago
5,0
Shell was a fun place to work at, we were spoiled by management but we also worked very hard.
CMD Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 July 2018
I would go through clients and account managers e mails to see what they requested.
I would finish or chase other departments to be able to close outstanding requests.
Pros
lots of little gifts
Cons
going through retrenchment
Productive and fun workplace
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng17 July 2018
Meeting with staff from Head office and customers daily. They are very good at training their staff and giving them the tools to be able to do business on a daily basis. Management was very professional. The culture was to have fun but also to work very hard and achieve targets daily as well as monthly and be professional. Hardest part of the job was time spent away from home as travelling was a huge part of the job but the most fun part was to meet all the different people on different levels and the culture of an International Company.
Pros
Travelling through South Africa and meeting good people
Cons
Being away from home
3,0
Shell is great because they give your reasonable working shift and there is basic salary
Petrol attendant (Current Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng25 June 2018
Shell give you nough lunch time to eat and rest your body a bit and the management is good because their always paying attention to their employees so working at shell was great.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Petrol Attendant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape12 June 2018
There were days that were very typical but I loved my work anyway.
I learnt how to co-operate with people.
My manager was a very nice person.
Every fortnight our manager braaid meat for us.
It was hard when it's time for pick hour so cars were plenty.
When we had our bonuses was the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches
5,0
Fun workplace,gaining lot of experience
cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape5 June 2018
Fun work place we work as a family our employer appreciated us as his employees.Some of the employees came here without experience but we trainee them groom them to be just like us
Pros
N/a
5,0
It was a productive company.
QUALITY MARSHAL (Former Employee) –  GOUTENG ALEXANDRA17 May 2018
Working in this company I have learn to be trustwothy and honest and that the sourse of my income is depending on me bringing in hard working and be pro active and reliable time managing so that mont end there will be a salary for me.
Pros
Incentives
3,0
Productive and exciting
Patrol attendant (Former Employee) –  Limpopo Thohoyandou11 May 2018
Stuff not registered and they pay for their own uniform.I was fired because I was ill.I once burn by motor bike ingene and never allowed to go to clinic
Pros
Working
Cons
Working late
Job Satisfaction
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 May 2018
High customer interaction daily
One of the biggest sites in JHB
Over 95 staff members
Great customer service
A new learning every day
Hardest part was long working hours
Perfect
cashier (Former Employee) –  Pretoria30 April 2018
Every thing its was in order we work as team happy and faster and smile for everyone and that thing its make a lot of customs because they are happy tips are there
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Its was not long hours
Good Company to work for . Looks after employees
SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal30 April 2018
Shell is a wonderful company to work for. About 80 percent of my experience ids from Shell. I still miss Shell , if there is way I would go back to Shell.The salaries were good . Training was provided. The culture was not so good but much better than other companies.
Pros
Education assistance, Housing assistance, good salaries
Cons
Hard to get promotions because people dont leave this company
productive and learnt alot
Market Researcher/ HR / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 April 2018
dealing with customers daily and assisting them with any problems.
managing staff and shifts
training staff of health and safety in the workplace
admin duties and invoicing tasks.
manage day to day operations.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non
Very nice to work for
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 April 2018
Very friendly environment. Relax but focused on providing the best customer service. Shell was a temporary position and I worked there as a customer support agent for a specific market (Belgium and Luxemburg).
5,0
Productive and very conducive environment
Customer Operations support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 April 2018
I have been at Shell for two years from May 2016 - May 2018. I have had an opportunity to work with a very productive and very busy teams which communicates with everyone in the building. I have had a very good time at Shell with vast diversity working with Foreigners and foreign international colleagues who are always eager to learn and assist.
Productive with good people
New Products Development manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 April 2018
Nampak was a fast pace environment. There was always great opportunities to apply your mind / capabilities / skill set in a modern and fast growing production environment.
Pros
Free meals