Shimansky Employee Reviews

2,7Pay & Benefits
2,0Job Security & Advancement
2,7Management
1,0
Unfair monthly schedule, unrealistic hours!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town30 June 2019
When you start at Shimansky, you are promised a full weekend off plus another Sat or Sun off every month. Not happening!

You work double shifts (8AM-9PM) on weekends and some week days as well. They promise you a day off but you can never take the day when you want to.

You only get your monthly roster on the last day of the month so you cannot plan in advance. The manager also just make changes to the roster during the month without consulting you.

You do not get paid overtime on Sundays, public holidays or even on double shifts.

You can only take leave during May to September and then its also inconvenient to the manager as they are always short staffed.
Pros
Friendships with colleagues.
Cons
Unbalanced life and unfairness
4,0
Its a good place to work and grow.
Diamond Polisher and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town Western Cape20 June 2012
I enjoyed working there i loved going to work.I learned so much from the manager there he has thought me a great deal about diamonds and my co-workers were great honest people to work with.My hardest part of my job was dealing with my personal issues i was having at the time going through a divorce and my most enjoyable part of work was pay day.