Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Found 108 reviews matching the search See all 8 269 reviews
4,0
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 October 2018
A typical day requires one to push deadlines and being able to find ways to identify opportunities for the company
Opportunity for career advancement
Gives opportunity for previously disadvantage individuals to learning new skills
Fun year end functions
Good incentives
Flexible working hours
Work culture is formal
Pros
Free lunches
Good Experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth SouthAfrica7 February 2019
Good company to work for, and I enjoyed my time as a Siemens emplyee. The company has good emplyee supporting structures in place, and would recommend it to other job seekers.
Pros
Company Structures
Cons
Long Hours, Middle of the nght Phone Calls
filling
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gauteng24 January 2019
where i learned to answer phone and do filling hard work no management great all different people what i enjoy was that it was big company and i could got far but it was just a holiday job
Pros
tea time lunch time
Cons
overtime
Fun environment
Site Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng3 July 2018
Easy.
Learnt most of my IT skills. approachable management.
Fun loving characters.
Nothing was hard.
Interaction with clients.
Working in Siemens you where like family.
Most of the task was shared equally amongst your colleagues.
Pros
Flex working hours
4,0
Siemens Healthineers is a company that promotes company values and mission.
Country Sales Manager- East Africa (Current Employee) –  South Africa12 October 2018
Training is very good with regards to client needs and comprehensive training of the employees. Innovative and does not compromise quality. Fosters that we should Listen more to the client needs and talk less. Strive to understand your client.
Pros
Innovative and quality products.
Cons
Price of products might be high to other clients
Great workplace
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Isando, Gauteng12 January 2019
I had the best years working for such a great organization! Fun people to work with and work load is not that bad. One thing I didn't like it relocating every few years.
Pros
Lots of braai and fun
Cons
Being on standby and get called around 2am while sleeping
Productive.
Apprentice Electronics Mechanician (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 September 2018
Typical work day has its ups and downs.
Learned how to be part of a team.
Very informative.
Make things work at first attempt.
Most enjoyable part is seeing a smile on team members.
Pros
Good People.
Cons
Temporary position.
5,0
Good growth engineering company and team work
Switchgear Test and quality engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 August 2017
A typical work day is fun,include technical discussions, knowledge sharing and development and team work encouragement. In terms of learning I personally learned a lot from company's primary product to advanced knowledge in the field of engineering,HR,management and project. Hardest part of the work is when we failed to achieve the a project due to supply delays and warning was issued to our department and enjoyable part of the work was when we over achieved target of the year within six months of product and the company did a braai ,bonus and promotion to most of it employees.
Pros
Braai
Cons
long overtime and weekend work
Work enviroment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria24 July 2012
Well established telecomunications company. Worked on projects setting up testbeds according to project specifications, working with systems software personel. Learned of various signalling protocols, working with co-workers and customers. Management generally tried to improve personel, technical skills and rewarded good project performance. Dependancy on availability of hardware, software to complete projects. The most enjoyable part was receiving praise and reward for work complete according to schedule. Social events with colleagues and senior personnel.
Pros
technical courses
Cons
leave during school holidays
4,0
A good company to work for and gain experience
Senior project Commercial (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Johannesburg24 January 2018
Siemens is one of the best companies in giving it's employees the best training and work experience. I am who I am today because of Siemens, I am one the best good products produced by Siemens.

I have worked very hard during my years at the Company and yes I was a bit frustrated with some of the Managers, but just made sure I do my best in getting ahead.

Just like many companies, there's a bit of nepotism, but no political games. The Germans are peaceful people, nice to work with, but work very long hours and play a painful game.
Pros
The bonus incentives were good.
Cons
Hard work that pays at the end of the day.
5,0
An excellent company to work for.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng9 September 2018
Employed by Siemens South Africa Limited, Johannesburg (Gauteng) for twenty-eight years.
Great company to work for, very efficient and dedicated German company.
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg15 July 2018
A typical day at work, would be to undertake field service repair work and do Preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.

I manage my spare part usage on a weekly basis.

The hardest part of the job is the long working ours and doing after our on call 24/7.
Pros
satisfaction of repairing instruments
Cons
The long working ours.
Mentally and Physically draining
Project Commercial and Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northriding3 September 2012
Siemens in General is an excellent company to work for. Unfortunately I was in a failing division. Business has been bad for quite a few years. Management was poor and kept changing. There was no understanding or guidance from management. Staff morale was very low. Staff members were expected to work as much overtime as required and not compensated for it. As staff members moved on to a different division or a new company new staff members were not employed in the available position which led to many staff members doing more than one person's work and plenty of overtime. There was a lot of pressure on management and staff members and management did not know how to conduct themselves properly and very often behaved like children leading to a division that was not unified, each person only looked out for themselves and everyone was unhappy, including management.
Pros
excellent benifits - medical aid, pension etc.
Cons
long hours, poor management, no unity, negativity, low morale, low increases or no increases due to lack of business
fun workplace
control and instrumentation maintenance (Current Employee) –  Ermelo, Mpumalanga20 September 2017
Team work, dedication, self-discipline professionalism and being productive, the management culture was not inline with the business environment. after all work was done in time
Pros
free lunch on outages
a company in change
Head (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng9 June 2016
unfortunately mismanagement predominantly in project management meant hard times for the company. the main targets are about BEEE and saving costs and that in a ridiculous manner. it doesn't count anymore what personal efforts you bring in because nobody will see it. you need a strong backbone because if there are difficulties you will hardly get somebody to support you. it has become difficult to find people that are willing to decide something. mostly they just push it to another person.
siemens was once an employer of choice but the management makes it very hard with the company decisions they make.
Pros
many benefits for employees like restaurants, cafeterias, gym ...
Cons
in the meantime it is unfortunately all about money and not about the most important resource, being the staff.
4,0
Fun place to work for young students, boring for older established workers. Excellent for experience in SAP.
Material Controller ~ Purchasing Operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa1 February 2017
Challenging for young people to learn legal compliance in the SAP framework. Excellent for learning general principals of legal compliance. logistics and material management.Excellent stepping stone towards other business positions in the market place. Management are improving on leadership and training skills. Ideal workplace for young people. Remuneration is generally a notch under market average. Lots of room for improvement and exploration.
Pros
Canteen, kindergarten, can work outside
Cons
Long hours, complex logistic systems
5,0
Productive, educative, fun work space
Sales Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng4 July 2018
I worked closely with engineers, technicians, quoting customers on services and products they needed. The job also included ordering parts from Germany
Pros
Employee wellbeing
Cons
Far from home - long commute
My_Office
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 May 2016
Normally my office is at Customers premises as I visit Customers on daily bases. Time management is critical, my co workers are my customers in general.

My role is to advice on Engineering decisions that my customer takes on daily bases in ensuring his plant availability as well as cost saving but not compromising efficiency of the plant. I keep myself updated on what is the latest technology on the market, what it can offer as a solution to my customers challenges.

Hardest part is when dealing with people who hardly see the bigger picture, I learned that sometimes you need to spend to save in the long run (Maintenance procedures).

I enjoy seeing Customer benefiting from my advices as that builds trust in our relationship going forward.

I love my Job.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Long hours sometimes
4,0
Everyday we learn and improve
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP29 April 2015
As an IT Engineer Consultant, my main function is to support the System Engineers and Project team to project network infrastructure related to engineering solutions designs and including setting up project PC's (Both hardware and software).
I have also worked on the NMPP Project, a fast paced project employed by Arup an Engineering company, as an Information Management Analyst Support. I have worked for Dimension Data for 2 and half years as an IT Field Engineer, worked for the Shanduka Group (Coca-Cola) for 3 years as an IT Helpdesk Support. I have an Advance IT Diploma stating I have completed my Java and Visual Basic 6.0 programming training, and credited as MCP (Microsoft Certified Profession). I have recently attended my VMware Sphere 5.5V and still to register for my Certification Exam.
Cons
Long hours and dealing with difficult clients
Good learning
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng16 March 2018
Good people and very professional.
Very leading management into a correct and productive direction.
Quality oriantated company.
Respectable in and arround Africa.
Pros
Good allowances
Cons
normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1