Smith & Nephew Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  2017 - Present24 July 2019
Excellent company with great benefits. Effective training and coaching> Room for growth. Global territories available. Challenging and fun atmosphere. Is an innovative and demanding medical device manufacturer. They are a leader in the Wound Management , Orthopedic and Sports Medicine areas and a great place to work. No better job exists than one that , at its core, is focused on making patient's lives genuinely better
Pros
Benefits and Training Growth
5,0
Productive and fun work place
Loanset co ordinator, scrub assistan (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 March 2018
Very good and productive place to work at. Management is top notch and great benefits too. Environment friendly and company is very understanding when it comes to your personal life.
Pros
Free lunches on fridays
Cons
Hours a bit hectic
Typical day at office
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Modderfontein, Gauteng27 May 2017
checking mail for queries that needed urgent feedback. Urgent order processing. Relaxed office environment, which made a day that much easier. Great management
Pros
Words of praise from management for a day gone well.
Cons
Not being given praise when all went smoothly
5,0
A typical day at the office
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Modderfontein, Gauteng27 May 2017
Morning started with checking my email for feedback,queries from customers hospitals. Order processing. Stock availability checking. Office was very relaxed always. Explaining to a customer why a patient was billed incorrectly. A challenge but loved getting to the bottom of it.
Pros
Words of praise from sales representatives and customers
Cons
Customer not being satisfied with the efficiency of a problem being sorted
3,0
Staff on the floor not important, all about power
Senior Credit (Former Employee) –  ZwaZulu Natal16 April 2017
I worked for Smith & Nephew for 18 years, I enjoyed my first 10 years of employment. The last 8 years I was very unhappy as Management changed, I was very unhappy with their ethics.
Pros
Very good perks
Cons
Not compassionate
Stressful
Medical Rep - Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal30 June 2016
Hand to be available at all hours. on call

Had to call on doctor's and PNP's

Conducted IST's with nursing staff.

Large terroritry to cover

Work public holidays
Pros
International Company
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
sales driven workplace
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN27 August 2015
My typical day:
Check sales update daily
Account analysis
Addresses sales reps enquiries and queries
Addresses promo material requests
Update compliance systems

I've learnt to solve problems and deal with different personalities.

Compliance admin is the hardest part of the job.
I like customer interactions, and product launches
Pros
Multinational company
Cons
Lack of communication adressing change
Enjoyable work place
POD INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP2 May 2014
It a very nice and warm place to work in and i enjoy every minute spend here and the management are faily and i enjoy working around my co-workers coause we work as a team im ajust looking for a new challenge
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses, Rewards ect
Cons
work from Monday to Friday no public holidays
4,0
Very Productive and Professional environment
Marketing and Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP13 March 2014
Productive and very serious working environment, its a coporation that is well known globally. it headquotas are in Memphis in the United Stated
Pros
opportunity to learn more about working for the coporation
Cons
non renewable contract
4,0
a company that listens to the needs of their people
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Durban North, ZN10 June 2013
Working at Smith & Nephew has afforded me the opportunity to engage with people on so many levels and gave me the opportunity to put my knowledge, skills and experience into practice. I have no regrets working at this company as they provided a platform for growth and innovation. The hardest part of working at the company is the culture on managing on perception. Efforts and Good work is not valued or even often ignored or never acknowledged. career advancement is a bit of an issue as there are people that have been in their roles for a long time and are not willing to move and give others a chance to prove that they can also do the jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to travel and engage with people on all levels. The opportunity for career growth is not such a positive aspect.
Overall, i love working at S&N, management just needs to accept change and not be so resistent.
Pros
opportunity to travel, Great benefits, freedom of engagement with key stakeholders and Key opinion leaders of the company
Cons
no acknowledgement for a job well done, no credit is given where credit is due
5,0
Fun, Productive and exciting work place!
Adninistrative and marketing assistand (Current Employee) –  Durban5 July 2012
I get to the office and go through my email, then list all those that need to be actioned. Collect all filing doccumentation and assist managers with various tasks they need done through out the day.

I have learnt the importance of time management and prioritising ttasks as well as paying attention to detail because a minor insignificant mistake could have a major effect on another level.

My co-workers are very pleasent and friendly people which makes my day at the office that much easier.

My job gets rather challenging whenever we have multiple conferances to prepair for at the same time because they are usually in diffarent cities and each have quite a large quantity of marketing mateial handle. However it is very rewarding for me to be aknowledged for the hard work and extra hours i sometimes put in and a new task always gets me excited and eager to get to work.
Pros
subsidised lunches. shuttle from the gate every morning .
Cons
we work at head office therefore we service many of our other branches aroud sout africa, which can be very demanding at times.