Smollan Group Employee Reviews

Distribution
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kuruman, Northern Cape26 September 2018
Receipts and Dispatch using the warehouse management system dealing with 7 reps everyday making sure that my workplace is clean and safe at all times everyday.
Pros
No free lunch
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pretoria South Africa23 August 2018
Busy job, handle alot of different accounts. Great experience Learnt, management was very organised. Out of the office mostly so cant say much on the workplace, Hardest part there was to many accounts to manage.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Salary
Productive, Fun , Presure
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 July 2018
The working condition I got was bad because at firts my uniform was not completely isuued to me. Working in a fridge with just a shirt and jearsy. Not much time to eat.
Pros
Cons
You could do up the 3 stores a day
Creditors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng17 July 2018
My experience here at Smollan is quite a challenging experience. It is a very good company to work for, however I need to spread my wings and be an asset for another company. I've learnt quite a lot cause I've worked on 2-different systems which I've mastered, hence wanting to move and learn something else as well.Nothing is too hard for me as I believe in myself and doing any job to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with me team-mates to make sure our dept stands out in the Finance - dept.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Aircon not in my favour
Stability and growth is massive
Brand sambassador (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 June 2018
Growth opportunity
Taking care of employees
Leading with experience and prioritise employee happiness.
Knowing how to keep employees not looking for any job
Pros
Gift cards and outing
Cons
Easy to loose your job
Learning experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phuthaditjhaba, Free State30 May 2018
I enjoyed interacting with customers. It was an opportunity to really help people with their needs. This was in contrast with the typical attitude of a retail employee. Though it was not part of my job description, I was frequently asked to help a customer find certain products in the shop. Customers ended up knowing me by name and requested me specifically. This gave me great pride in my work.
Pros
Vibrant environment
Cons
Supervisor clashed with employees for personal reasons.
Productive and Fun working Place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 May 2018
On a typical day, it is very fun to be at work as the working environment is very good and pleasant.
I have learned how to be a very good customers service consultant with a lot of administration and paper work in my current job .
The work place culture is that of delivering good and accurate service to all our clients.
The hardest part of the job is realizing how much work you put in only to get paid an unsatisfactory salary .
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low salary
Good starting stepping stone into the local FMCG market
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng15 May 2018
The beginning of my professional career, with a great sales team and incentives!

Valuable knowledge gained from a merchandising and cold sales aspect.

I was extremely successful at Smollans and had the privilege of selling great brands!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
No scope for promotion
What I have learned
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  obsevetory11 May 2018
I learned to be a part of team work.

I'll start things off. On the most basic level, I enjoy talking with people. My job provides me an opportunity to put that basic urge to use for a purpose. I'm a very social person, since before the word "social' meant anything other than in-person.
Pros
free trainings
Cons
long hour and difficult customers
The environment is beautiful and so are the people
Private (Current Employee) –  Private16 April 2018
The benefits are one of a kind and the place is a fun place to be at. Its a wonderful environment with all good things happening in the workplace. I woul recommend it to people should they begood time management skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Time management needs to be a skill
The biggest business within the environment .
Business Unit Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 April 2018
Learnt many lessons at Smollan.
Grew personally and financially as well as emotionally.
Lots of change all the time, hence I am change agile.
Enjoyed my time at Smollan
Pros
Potential to grow
Cons
I work as a field marketer who order stock and pack it
Field marketer (Former Employee) –  At shoprite boitumelo mall in welkom25 January 2018
My manager at shoprite trust me because I am hard working person who believes in his work I can do my orders on Wednesday of danone and of premier on Tuesday
challenging and exciting enviroment
merchandizer (Current Employee) –  rustenburg25 January 2018
Fulfilling customer expectation through customer service and ethical work standards, following direct instructions and being productive unsupervised, adapting to work environment and excelling under pressure, multitasking is the most enjoyable because of the fast paced retail industry.
Pros
Opportunity for development and growth
Cons
less contact with senior management
exciting nd being introduced to different environment was out of this world
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Nigel25 January 2018
Being involved with different people gave me an understanding to be alive and enjoy what i was doing even more,i did enjoy talking to people especially different cultures.
Pros
free outing
Cons
flexible hours
Work unsupervised
field marketer (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga19 January 2018
-At Smollan they invest on their own workers by training them
-Smollan group is having good benefits and good working environment for all their workers
-Health and safety is number one priority to their workers
Pros
Yes we have free tea time
Cons
No long hours
Friendly work environment
Field Manager/Trainee Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg4 January 2018
I do not regret for working for the company for so long,the growth within the company is massive.The company that does look after it employees.I wish i can spend more years in the smollan grpop.
Very Tiring
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 January 2018
The job is very demanding. One need to be mentally and physically strong. Need to be able to take pressure in. Working with difficult customers and sometimes even store managers.
It's great working with this companies we gain lot of experience in customer service which is sales
Promoter (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 December 2017
We drive sales nd also increase market share.we also educate shopper about the product you doing some they know but some they don't.its not easy but then you have to be patient with customers and always give them a smile so that it can be easy to listen to you
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Long hour sometimes
Creditors Officer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng19 December 2017
I'm working for a very nice company who reall looks after their staff, but management is not all living according to the Smollan Values which makes it an unhappy place to be at for most of your day.
Pros
Free lunch provided by company
Cons
Unfair treatment
Great learning curve
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2017
I enjoy working there๐Ÿ˜ƒthe company provides great working hours. Especially, since i was a student well working there. It was also a great learning curve to understand and cope with the challenges and good experience of the working environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smollan Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7