Smollan Group Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Productive and Fun working Place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 May 2018
On a typical day, it is very fun to be at work as the working environment is very good and pleasant.
I have learned how to be a very good customers service consultant with a lot of administration and paper work in my current job .
The work place culture is that of delivering good and accurate service to all our clients.
The hardest part of the job is realizing how much work you put in only to get paid an unsatisfactory salary .
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low salary
Friendly work environment
Field Manager/Trainee Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg4 January 2018
I do not regret for working for the company for so long,the growth within the company is massive.The company that does look after it employees.I wish i can spend more years in the smollan grpop.
Very Tiring
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 January 2018
The job is very demanding. One need to be mentally and physically strong. Need to be able to take pressure in. Working with difficult customers and sometimes even store managers.
Productive, fun, knowledgeable
Instore Promoter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 September 2017
Smollan was a very interesting company as it required a lot of time. However, it used to give out incentives on great work achieved and etc. I never worked early hours, the managers were good and understanding. The workplace was fun
Pros
Free Gifts
5,0
good environment, growing company and fun workplace
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 May 2017
For me Smollan is a great company full of opportunities and growth. its has been a great experience being with the company. theres a great atmosphere with good staff and management is the best..
Growth and Development
Area Marketer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng , Johannesburg24 January 2017
Each day at worry has been very educational from dealing with different challenges on a daily and ensuring resolution .

I have learned to plan for the day properly and aim for end results .

Effective management - staff building a good relationship with the clients .

Always very open for new ideas , improvise on some cases were we don t agree on something .

The hardest part of the day is when we fail to meet up our targets .

Most enjoyable part is when we see growth and the able to satisfy the clients needs .
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
When required we do long hours
High paced environment
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 January 2017
Unpredictable environment. Labour Turn Over is high due to the nature of the business and the imbalance between work life and personal life.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Experiential learning
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg , Gauteng5 January 2017
- It taught to me to be neat
- To inter-act with customers
- Salesman skills
- Negotiating shelf space
- To pay attention to details
- Improved my administration skills
Pros
Interacting with people
Cons
There was no growth
5,0
Incredibly exciting company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa11 May 2016
The Smollan team is just that and at a global level too. There is always something new to learn and the support given to staff to grow and develop sets the standard for other companies.

A sense of family exists within even though Smollan has global reach.
Pros
Exposure to new products and developments in FMCG
Creditors Controller (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 February 2016
This was a fantastic position. Sadly I left for a Management Position.
Great people to work with and a real awesome manager.
1,0
Poor appreciation of employees
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 January 2016
poor management, no appreciation for employees, poor communication and its not employee friendly. There's absolutely no growth.
Pros
good company
Cons
poor management
Productive and Fun Workplace
Accounts payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 November 2015
Moving to Smollan was a great move as I was responsible for large creditors book , it was a great challenge

Management style was brilliant
2,0
Good
field marketer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP7 October 2015
the pressure was always there and it taught me to be able to handle it in many ways.eg I leaned that I have to plan my day in advice and have a backup plan for everyday I plan.
the enjoyable part of my job was when I have to sit down with my manager trying to come with the best possible ways to improve to our self towards the way we do business. the best part was when I managed to put a smile on customers face by good service I gave and receiving this sweet words from them with that smile which is "THANK YOU" it just made me to be in love with my job more and more.
Overview
L&D Specialist - Qualifications (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP15 July 2015
A typical day at Smollan was extremely busy.

The staff compliment was over 10 000. Proper planning needed to take place.

I learnt how to prioritise my duties and plan to adjust schedules and be ready for anything.

The hardest part was adjusting to the management style that was very set in thier way. No flexibilty or room to improve processes.
Pros
Able to learn how to work in Big organisation
Cons
No flexable
4,0
it is an honour being able to have team work and good communication skills.
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP18 February 2015
the hardest part of the job is when you have to make space on the for a new product on the system.
The part I enjoy is when I merchandise while im promoting my product at the same time
5,0
A very fun working place
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP19 October 2014
I am working 5 days in a week and off 2 days of which it could be during the week or on weekends depending on busiest days of the month.i have learned a lot in this company,including being independent,creative, and innovative.The management is helping and kind, easy to talk with and very friendly. And i had lovely co-workers whom i enjoy working everyday. There is nothing hard about this type of a job,and the most enjoyable part of this job is that i work independently with interesting colleagues who make my work easier by making me smile and laugh everyday.
Pros
we get free t-shirts of our product, lunch on trainings and transport money when we go to the offices
Cons
having to be managed or deal with store managers.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP28 February 2014
Drives sales and Profitability Accountabilities
• Direct the selling activities within the region, inclusive of stock levels and customer interactions.
• Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that affect current and future growth.
Customer engagement
• Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the consultant accountable to the measurable results associated.
• Direct resolve and manage all customer complaints or customer service falling in line with the company policies and objectives and ensure that all customers are always completely satisfied.
Leadership Responsibilities
• Provision of quality leadership for internal and external customers in all assigned tasks.
• Upholding values of the company at all times inclusive of constructive problems solving.
• Managing performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring and career development in.
• Ensure the staffs are always energised, engaged and aware of the objectives and expectations the management has of them.
Merchandise Presentation
• Ensure that the store merchandising environment must be a point of differentiation aimed at getting a customer excited about the uniqueness of our products, bringing our products to life.
• Implement the company visual presentation and merchandising standards to guidance.
Communication and Relationships
• Work in conjunction with stores to maintain good relationship with Store Managers and carry out regular visitations to stores and effectively communicate objectives to Merchandisers and In-Store Specialists.
Pros
Free lunches
Very informing and productive
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP27 February 2014
Cycle meeting where we meet our clients and introduction of new products, and braai afterwards, sometimes there can be too much pressure and the managers wont be nice at all, but after that unity and laughter, co workers were very cooperative and full of fun but very diligent when it comes to work
Pros
Free new products when they are launched
Cons
Under pressure
Well known respected company
FMCG Sales Consultant: Brand Alliance - Nestle (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP23 January 2014
Managers has good leadership skills.
Company is strong on Retail.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Job not stable due to continuous retrenchments tacking place
Fun and welcoming environment
Customer Sevice Agent (Former Employee) –  johannesburg4 November 2013
Smollan is a place for free sprit people and working there actually taught me that everyone has their problems but you can't always bring your burden to work because in a way you are depriving yourself of the joy of the environment you in. the management there was very approachable and understanding but professional as the same time. my co-workers and me used to get along very well and one would not be shy to ask for a favour
the most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always help if one cannot finish their work on time
Pros
10minutes break every hour
Cons
long hours and knocking off late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smollan Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7