Smollan Group Management reviews

Distribution
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kuruman, Northern Cape26 September 2018
Receipts and Dispatch using the warehouse management system dealing with 7 reps everyday making sure that my workplace is clean and safe at all times everyday.
Pros
No free lunch
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pretoria South Africa23 August 2018
Busy job, handle alot of different accounts. Great experience Learnt, management was very organised. Out of the office mostly so cant say much on the workplace, Hardest part there was to many accounts to manage.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Salary
Productive, Fun , Presure
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 July 2018
The working condition I got was bad because at firts my uniform was not completely isuued to me. Working in a fridge with just a shirt and jearsy. Not much time to eat.
Pros
Cons
You could do up the 3 stores a day
4,0
The environment is beautiful and so are the people
Private (Current Employee) –  Private16 April 2018
The benefits are one of a kind and the place is a fun place to be at. Its a wonderful environment with all good things happening in the workplace. I woul recommend it to people should they begood time management skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Time management needs to be a skill
challenging and exciting enviroment
merchandizer (Current Employee) –  rustenburg25 January 2018
Fulfilling customer expectation through customer service and ethical work standards, following direct instructions and being productive unsupervised, adapting to work environment and excelling under pressure, multitasking is the most enjoyable because of the fast paced retail industry.
Pros
Opportunity for development and growth
Cons
less contact with senior management
Creditors Officer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng19 December 2017
I'm working for a very nice company who reall looks after their staff, but management is not all living according to the Smollan Values which makes it an unhappy place to be at for most of your day.
Pros
Free lunch provided by company
Cons
Unfair treatment
2,0
Division managers are now where
Field manager (Former Employee) –  Western Cape24 August 2017
Know the smollan values and live these values .I was at Pfi.The regional managers was nowhere. Manager resign as a lack of leadership at pioneerfoods division.
Benefits
Cons
Working from monday to sunday
great place
Cloud expert (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng1 August 2017
challenged to be effective,I learnt more abouth cloud technologies.I had a great management who'll offer you capacity to grow.it was a very fun place and lovely.
Pros
Free lunch
My Life at Smollan
Personal Assistant to Business Unit Head (Current Employee) –  Houghton Estate, Gauteng3 July 2017
My typical day starts off with diary management for the Exec. We usually sit together to got through the entire week on Friday so that we are both on the same page. i then attend to all my emails so that it is out of the way before i continue with my day. I make payments on an in house system and have all invoices sent to our finance department to release payment.Assist x2 Managers with any tasks they may not know how to take care of. I take care of my filing,manage the receptionist and domestic at the Contact Centre. If there are any issues within the contact centre, e.g. lights not working, air conditioners, windows broken etc i escalate these to our maintenance department and make sure these are dealt with. Everyday is never the same especially in a contact centre environment. My job is not limited to just assisting my Exec, i help where and if i can with any issues that may arise.The culture is really good although you have to be a strong individual when working with hundreds of people. the hardest part of my job is actually having everyone ask for assistance when you have much on your plate, i have learned to say no if i am unable to assist. The most enjoyable part of my job is working for my Exec, she is always teaching me new things, we most times learn together and we have the utmost respect for one another.My company is very family orientated and this carries over to almost everyone.
Pros
BEE Shares once a year, pension, medical aid if you earn over a certain amount.
Cons
People crossing the line, and finding it hard to understand that you do not report to them directly, but merely helping them along because you care for the well being of the Company..
5,0
good environment, growing company and fun workplace
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 May 2017
For me Smollan is a great company full of opportunities and growth. its has been a great experience being with the company. theres a great atmosphere with good staff and management is the best..
The worst
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape1 March 2017
Since I started with the company I never received any support on the field from my Management and to make things worse, they didn't pay me my salary at the end of the month.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
4,0
I would likie to earn more money because i have a family now
field marketer (Current Employee) –  parow and vasco cape town western cape1 March 2017
I like working at Smollan group but money is not enough and management is very oppressive.
Otherwise their incentive is better but it is not enough for someone with family.
3,0
It was educational in terms with their leanership programs
Merchandiset (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng25 January 2017
It was good working with the company.it was educational.i learnt how to work under pressure and how to reach deadline.i learned how to order and uplift returns to their respective companies.i learned about customer service.how to hanle customer quiries and resolving them.building good working relationship with the store management
Pros
Their employer benefits
Cons
Changing stores
Growth and Development
Area Marketer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng , Johannesburg24 January 2017
Each day at worry has been very educational from dealing with different challenges on a daily and ensuring resolution .

I have learned to plan for the day properly and aim for end results .

Effective management - staff building a good relationship with the clients .

Always very open for new ideas , improvise on some cases were we don t agree on something .

The hardest part of the day is when we fail to meet up our targets .

Most enjoyable part is when we see growth and the able to satisfy the clients needs .
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
When required we do long hours
1,0
Work at shop as a machendis
Field market (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 December 2016
Is very nice and is where we gain experience because of u dont have job to do u cant gain access to be recognised is afield market is where we express our on talent and gain experience in order to handle the management of shop and trying to put some views on how can run a business and increase the economy of country. Because the economy is dropping down little bit and convince him how to create job opportunities for our youth
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8hour
Fun
field marketer (Former Employee) –  Theunissen, Free State1 December 2016
It's a good company but management doesn't take good care of its employees. And the health of employees is not secured.the salary is unreasonable according to the type of work done
Pros
Non
Cons
Good hours
3,0
very challenging work environment.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 May 2016
I loved my co-workers , the hardest part of my job was motivating the field staff. Management was not very supportive and that made the job worse. I leaned to do salaries and were managing a team of 10 employees
Creditors Controller (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 February 2016
This was a fantastic position. Sadly I left for a Management Position.
Great people to work with and a real awesome manager.
Poor appreciation of employees
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 January 2016
poor management, no appreciation for employees, poor communication and its not employee friendly. There's absolutely no growth.
Pros
good company
Cons
poor management
Productive and Fun Workplace
Accounts payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 November 2015
Moving to Smollan was a great move as I was responsible for large creditors book , it was a great challenge

Management style was brilliant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smollan Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7